No announcement yet.

HS2 to HS3, Finally...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael, still getting these error messages intermittently (see post #13).

Feb-14 4:02:01 PM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Download Error:type": "keynotfound"
    Feb-14 4:00:37 PM mcsSprinklers HSCAPIValues Line 0 An item with the same key has already been added.

Also it appears the csv values from my weather station are not being imported correctly. Have there been any changes in that area?

Comment

The save sequence will provide insurance.

WeatherUnderground may have changed the keys. The manual should have been updated. The URL used is in \data\mcsSprinklers\URL2.txt (or 3 or 4). One that works (with the API key redacted is below. It may also be that a new API key may be needed as the keynotfound error occurs when an invalid API key is used. I think that the pws: prefix is put in by mcsSprinklers if the user does not to help with backward compatibility.
      Code:
      http://api.wunderground.com/api/XXXXXXXXX/conditions/q/pws:IMURCIAJ2.json
      The other repeating error has no debug info. You can try the attached and see if more info exits.

For the csv there was no intentional change, but the code has been made to run on Linux so file path type issues are possible. There is debug code if you enable it and we can look at the debug log to get some clues.
      Attached Files

Comment

1. Weather Underground, paid membership expires 2020, 16 alpha-number digits (I have set all the URL2-5 keys to this one. However, it was different when I was getting the Underground messages and I have no idea why).
        2. Weatherbug, from 2014, called an ACode, 1 Alpha Code followed by 10 digits.
        3. World Weather Online (I think from 2013), I had an old code, that I had to renew, 24 alpha-numeric characters, all lowercase.
        I changed the URL2-5 text API keys about 12:30PM and then enabled the plugin. I have not received any more errors since that time so the WU key issue MAY be resolved. However, please look over my settings/configuration and recommend any changes that would provide a better (i.e. more solid) weather posture.
        Thanks
        Gary

Attached Files

Comment

I take it back...

After posting above, I get:
          Feb-15 1:02:14 PM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Download Error:type": "keynotfound" Feb-15 1:02:14 PM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Download Error:type": "keynotfound" Feb-15 1:02:14 PM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Download Error:type": "keynotfound" Feb-15 1:02:12 PM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Download Error:type": "keynotfound" Feb-15 1:02:12 PM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Download Error:type": "keynotfound"
          Where the hell do I get another WUG API Key?

Gary

UPDATE:

For whatever reason, the URL2-5.txt files have been changed BACK to the previous ones. How do I update it to MY current WU API key so it will stay?

Comment

It is on the Weather Setup page for the weather forecast. I see now that current conditions also need a license and different sources could be used for current conditions and forecast that I should have independent license entries.

I have also started looking into the csv and it looks like a path issue. I will post an update pretty soon when I figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
              It is on the Weather Setup page for the weather forecast. I see now that current conditions also need a license and different sources could be used for current conditions and forecast that I should have independent license entries.
              Perhaps you havent seen the images I posted in my "Weather" post. I think they may be helpful.

IMAGE Update:

Now when I do an evaluate, I get the above.

As shown by the images, my config for the "Optional Alternate Forecast Source" WAS set to NWS/NOAA (worked in HS2). That source appear(ed) to be the ONLY one that has a "License" (vs API Key). Well I changed it to WU and entered by WU API Key. Now, when I look in your .ini I see the STRLICENSE= set to my WU API Key. However, at this time the key in the URL5.txt file is still the old, mystery key, probably associated with the NWS/NOAA. Very confusing.

I have also started looking into the csv and it looks like a path issue. I will post an update pretty soon when I figure it out.
              Great that's next on my list.

Incidentally, when I went to save the change of the "License" field, it produced these 7 error messages (again):

Feb-15 1:12:06 PM mcsSprinklers HSCAPIValues Line 0 An item with the same key has already been added.
              Feb-15 1:12:06 PM mcsSprinklers HSCAPIValues Line 0 An item with the same key has already been added.

It appears to be one for each active zone. Just a thought, may be just a coincidence.

Gary
              Last edited by Kbevo; February 15, 2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I saw the "7" errors as well when I had used an HS device for a zone. Fixed it also. The path error I found was Linux-only. When I was testing I did overlook the specification of using a comma delimiter for the csv file. It defaulted to XML key. Check your setup on the Weather Setup Page where you indicate the record position and the recognition method. I also added the license for the weather download. I tested everything on a Linux install. Don't have a windows one where I am now. In updater as 2.18.0.3.

I also noticed why you had install problems with the 2.18.0.1 updater package. It was zipped folder rather than zipped files.

Comment

I looked back at your earlier posting and it looks like you have your csv parameters properly set. Use 2.18.0.3 and give me a debug log after it has a chance to do a csv update.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                    In updater as 2.18.0.3.
                    I disabled mcsSprinklers plugin, then "downloaded and install", and received:

Feb-15 3:38:51 PM Error Warning, Cannot load EXE (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe: Access to the path 'C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe' is denied.
                    Feb-15 3:38:51 PM Updater Install/Update of package mcsSprinklersP failed.
                    Feb-15 3:38:51 PM Updater Error Installation of package mcsSprinklersP failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
                    Feb-15 3:38:51 PM Updater Error Copying source to C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe, detailed error: Access to the path 'C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe' is denied.
                    Feb-15 3:38:51 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe
                    Feb-15 3:38:51 PM Updater Extraction Complete.
                    Feb-15 3:38:49 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: setup_hs.zip
                    Feb-15 3:38:49 PM Updater Installing package mcsSprinklersP
                    Feb-15 3:38:49 PM Updater Update HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe downloaded successfully
                    Feb-15 3:38:38 PM Updater Downloading update: mcsSprinklersP
                    Feb-15 3:38:38 PM Updater Starting download of updates

The plugin no longer showed up in the Interfaces. Shutdown HS3. Looked in the HS3 root and there is a HSP_MCSSPRINKLERSP.EXE there, but when I restarted, in the HS3 Errors/Warnings text box I got:

Starting up....

2/15/2018 3:45:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Warning, Cannot load EXE (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe: Access to the path 'C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe' is denied.
                    2/15/2018 3:45:19 PM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Initializing plugin RFXCOM ...
                    2/15/2018 3:45:20 PM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Plugin RFXCOM started successfully in 307 milliseconds

2/15/2018 3:45:20 PM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Initializing plugin X10 ...
                    Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

In the log:
                    Feb-15 3:45:19 PM Error Warning, Cannot load EXE (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe: Access to the path 'C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe' is denied.
                    The plugin does not show in the Interfaces. This is not fun.

Gary

Comment

This looks to be a file in use situation and HSPI_mcsSprinklers.exe likely was not able to be copied to the HS3 folder. Look at the file date/properties to determine if the updater was able to expand the file or not. My first response when I get file blockage (thumb drive in use) is to reboot to clear Windows.

Comment

Ok, rebooted. No errors at startup, no errors in the log. NO mcsSprinklers in the Interfaces and Plugins, and nothing in the log saying it tried to start. What now?

File Images:

Comment

Important omission...

The image above showing HSPI_mcsSprinklersp.exe was captured BEFORE the reboot. After the reboot, that file is not there or anywhere else.

Gary

Comment

The zip file is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinkle...18_0_3_HS3.zip Of interest is the .dll and .exe at the top level in the zip file. Copy these to the HS3 root folder. I do not know what is going on with the updater and the files being removed. The updater has a different issue on Linux with trying to get the downloaded zip contents from \usr\local\HomeSeer rather than /usr/local/HomeSeer so for my testing I had to do direct copy.

Comment

Back up...

Michael, I downloaded the 2.18.0.3 version and copied the HSPI exe and 2009 dll to the HS3 root. HS3 came up and I was able to enable mcsSprinklers without (major) error messages. I do get two warning messages:

This one came up before I enabled the mcsSprinklers plugin.
                              Feb-16 10:50:17 AM Warning File does not exist: C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\html\mcsSprinklers\images\clock.gif
                              This one came up after the enable, and I have seen it at other times also.
                              Feb-16 10:52:09 AM Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of help. Plugin: Z-Wave Instance

The Weather evaluate function seems to now collect data from all the WU stations configured. I do have some questions in the images below that I would like to get answered, please.

I don't know how long it takes for the csv values to appear in the General Status but it has been enabled now for about 30 minutes and I still dont have any. Is there any way to force a csv update?

Thanks
                              Gary

IMAGE:

Comment

I noticed the clock issue in 2.18.0.1. Just copied it from C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\mcsSprinklers\ to \images.

Not sure why the side affect to z-wave however...

Robert
                                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                                X