Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer RCS Serial Thermostat Plugin

I am moving from HS2 to HS3 and the HS2 has a RCS Serial Thermostat

Based on the Plugin info .. it appears that this is a free plugin from Homeseer.

However, I do not see any documentation on how to interface HS3 to this plugin.

Does anyone have any documentation that will help with events or scripts to work with this device.

Thanks .. Don

HS3 has supported the RCS thermostats for a few years now. It does not have all the features it had in HS2, but I have been using it on HS3 for a couple years and it has been solid. RCSStat is what you are looking for.

Comment

There "should" be documentation in the Homeseer HS3 / Docs folder.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I want to thank both of you for your comments .. however

- I do not understand what " RCSStat" means .. can you please explain.

- there is no documentation in the pluggin directory .. so I still need direction

I really am confused .. as I have an RCS serial unit ... that has one main thermostat, with two remote temperature probes.

I have no Idea how to enter the data for this configuration.

If you have been successful in its install and use .. can I ask for your help to make this happen in my installation.

If you . how do you suggest we go to the next step ...

Again thanks for your help.

Don

Comment

Do you have the plug-in installed and enabled?

The plug-in is in the Thermostat/HVAC section of the 'Additional Interfaces' (updater) list. It's at the bottom of the Manage Plugins / Installed Plugins tab. (You may have to click on the triangle to populate the list of available plug-ins.) The version is 3.0.0.14.

See this thread. I gave up and moved on to Ecobee3, but see post #20 and following for the latest developments. You might have to send Travis a private message at this point to get his attention.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

This thread may also be of use.
            https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180640

Comment

I have the RCS installed on HS2 .. and have moved the plug over to HS3 . .but I do not believe that the setup is correct .. thus the need to talk to someone who has done this .. or some documentation as to what needs to be done.

I still have HS2 running (HS3 is taking a long time to convert) .. so the RCS unit is now on HS2.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by djbeam View Post
                I have the RCS installed on HS2 .. and have moved the plug over to HS3 . .but I do not believe that the setup is correct
                How did you move the plug-in? Do you have the latest version?
                I had it running for a short time, but at that point it only supported one thermostat and I have two zones. It did work, though, but I do not recall the setup procedure. I do recall that most of the interaction was through scripts using the API, which didn't change from HS2.

Comment

I did not move the HS2 plugin . but the serial plug from the HS2 m/c to the HS3 m/c.

Based on your comments, the I will have to check to see if there is a way to replicate the HS2 code (script) to the HS3 code and go from there ...

Thanks for your help ..

Don

Comment

A couple more thoughts:
                    I assume you have the correct serial port selected for the RS485 adapter selected on the Plug-ins tab.
                    When you hover the mouse over the tab there is a dropdown that lists the installed plug-ins. If you move the mouse to the RCSStat plug-in entry, do you see another list with Config or Help option?
                    Attached Files

Comment

okay .. it is plugged into the only true serial port and in device manager it is com1 ..

However I do not see anywhere that I can tell the plugin what com to use.

When I scan the plugins, I get the config and help options , but when I click on either of them, all I get is the same screen that is requesting info but nothing about com#.

Don

Comment

Do you have the RCSStat plug-in installed in HS3? If so, make sure you have it disabled in HS2 as you can only have one connection to the serial port at a time.

It should have the entry listed in the picture RCSStat.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	RCSStat.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1195551

Clicking on the RCSStat config link will take you to the config page and allow you to set up the device.

Name:	RCSStatConfig.jpg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1195552

I dont think the plug-in for HS3 supports everything you are desiring but you should at least be able to get it connected and verify basic functionality.

Name:	PluginList.jpg
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1195553
                        Last edited by mhog; February 24, 2018, 01:17 PM. Reason: added picture

Comment

thank Mhog, that is what I see .. however need HS3 to have access to three temperature values , one from the main hall (main unit), then two other sensors, one in the basement and one in an outside facility .. the outside one is always just a few degrees above the ambient outdoor temp ..

I have set up the main as #1, can I set up the basement as #2, and the outside as #3 ... or is there another way to do this .. (if it can be done at all).

Thanks for your help ..

Don

Comment

Working...
                          X