• Show
Clear All

Michael

Comment

Exactly What Do You Automate?

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
      We automate:

Fireplace

Next up will be Venetian blinds and when available, sliding glass door locks.

@ Rvtravlr

I have been looking to automate my fireplaces (currently have gas fireplaces with RF remotes) and existing Venetian blinds (wasted a lot of money on a kickstarter that never shipped).

If you would not mind sharing if/how you integrate both of those with HS3 I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post
        @ Rvtravlr

I have been looking to automate my fireplaces (currently have gas fireplaces with RF remotes) and existing Venetian blinds (wasted a lot of money on a kickstarter that never shipped).

If you would not mind sharing if/how you integrate both of those with HS3 I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
        Using this
        https://www.amazon.com/NFS20Z-Enable...s=Nortek+fs20z

I wired it in parallel with the existing low voltage line to the fireplace controller.

Venetian blinds are an Indigogo campaign.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i...t#/updates/all
        Michael

Comment

I too automate my fireplace but use a Fortrezz MIMOLite Zwave Input Output Module.
          One a safety side, I also used an event which shuts off the fireplace after being on for 60 minutes. As well, I do monitor the temperature in the family room where I have a sensor on a table close to the fireplace. Should the temperature reach 73 degrees and the fireplace is on, it will turn it off. Can't be too careful...

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            I too automate my fireplace but use a Fortrezz MIMOLite Zwave Input Output Module.
            One a safety side, I also used an event which shuts off the fireplace after being on for 60 minutes. As well, I do monitor the temperature in the family room where I have a sensor on a table close to the fireplace. Should the temperature reach 73 degrees and the fireplace is on, it will turn it off. Can't be too careful...

Robert
            All very good ideas. We, too have many failsafe events. Here are a couple...
            Attached Files
            Michael

Comment

Exactly What Do You Automate?

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
              Using this

https://www.amazon.com/NFS20Z-Enable...s=Nortek+fs20z

I wired it in parallel with the existing low voltage line to the fireplace controller.

Venetian blinds are an Indigogo campaign.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i...t#/updates/all
              Thanks.

How I wish I had wired fireplace switches and cords on my blinds

Comment

I don't have a wired switch to my fireplace - actually glad I don't, but rather a remote receiver only which sits on the bottom of the fireplace.
                I just followed the wires for the remote receiver and fished a pair from my basement where my Mimolite lives. It's just a contact closure which turns on/off the fireplace.

I doubt that you're out of luck.

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I don't have a wired switch to my fireplace - actually glad I don't, but rather a remote receiver only which sits on the bottom of the fireplace.
                  I just followed the wires for the remote receiver and fished a pair from my basement where my Mimolite lives. It's just a contact closure which turns on/off the fireplace.

I doubt that you're out of luck.

Robert
                  I surprised that your fireplace has no On/off switch. Mine has a three way switch thermostat/off/manual on. I always put it in the off position when I am away from the house for a day or more. Lightning/power surges/etc. can make strange things happen. I would rather be safe than sorry.

Steve Q
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I never installed the fireplace - actually, it's an insert. The only way it can power on is with the RF-remote which talks to a battery powered switch(receiver). I just connect to the contacts that are operated by the remote. I'm not sure how to improve safety with that.

Robert

Comment

I never installed the fireplace - actually, it's an insert. The only way it can power on is with the RF-remote which talks to a battery powered switch(receiver). I just connect to the contacts that are operated by the remote. I'm not sure how to improve safety with that.

Robert
                      I think using the remote to control the fireplace is probably safe and that has been extensively tested by the manufacturer. However, you have now connected it to another device which means that a malfunction of the connected circuit could cause the fireplace to turn on. IMHO a manual switch is absolutely needed. Just put a disconnect switch on one or both of the wires that you added.
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Another other

Hi All,

Have FreePBX here, lights ramp and all phones are paged to tell me it's time to take my medication. Just started trying Ultralog3 to monitor Syslog of the phones, when it is night and phones goes off hook ramps up lights, when back on hook turn lights off. Arduino magnetic sensors in doors to turn on lights. HSM100 to turn on in house lights for fixed periods. Use virtual house device to turns stuff off when sleeping. When the front door is locked sets house to armed away and switches phone system to away mode.
                        And so it goes on!

Peter

Comment

Working...
                        X