X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set up Venstar, Sage Thermostat Plugin in HS2

Hi Folks:

I have a Venstar T1700 thermostat that I am trying to integrate with HS2. I have the Sage Thermostat Plugin and the Insteon Plugin installed in HS2.

It seems that the T1700 is linked as I can change the heat and cool set points through the plugin, but under the thermostat control tab the temperature always shows as 0 degrees (Thermostat shows 76).

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I get this set up to report the temperatures to HS2 or to poll the T1700 to get the temperature. I am using this as a replacement for an old X-10 templinc unit. I just need to get the temperature from this thermostat and then trigger events in HS2 based on whether a high or low temperature setpoint has been reached.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards, Dave Melnyk

No problem, Dave. From what you describe it sounds like you have not linked the thermostat to the PLM. There are two ways to do this. The first is by using the update links button. The second is by using the set buttons on the thermostat and PLM similar to how you link other Insteon devices. You do have to have the thermostat set to certain modes to create the links. Both of these procedures are documented in more detail in the user's guide. Let me know if you have any problems with this procedure.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

Got it owrking

Hi TOm:

... THanks for the reply ... did get it working ... took a couple of go rounds ... not sure why... but everything is working perfectly ... just as I need it ... Great plugin .. thanks for the help...

Best regards, Dave Melnyk

Comment

Working...
      X