Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I added 2 triggers to the plug-in "New Location" and "More Accurate Location".

These are as they sound and can be used in Homeseer events to trigger if either a new location or a more accurate (same vicinity) position comes in for a user.

I have also been asked to add the ability to see the distance between the current location and the last known location and also the ability to display just the city and or country as opposed to the full address look-up.

I'm not sure how to best present this information to the user so some comments / suggestions would be welcome from existing beta testers.

Paul..

Comment

Apologies if I am missing something, but is it possible to have a trigger when a user has been at any location for longer than x duration (e.g. 5 minutes) regardless of if this is a defined place, or new place?

Thanks
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Travis, you'd need a way to handle hysteresis in the location data - as your device becomes more/less accurate etc, you'd trigger the event. You'd need a "only trigger if I've been here for 10 mins and not moved more than 10m" or something.
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Following a report from a current beta tester that all his known places were apparently deleted by the plug-in I did find a situation where this could occur.

This problem is fixed in the latest version (.39).

Apologies if I am missing something, but is it possible to have a trigger when a user has been at any location for longer than x duration (e.g. 5 minutes) regardless of if this is a defined place, or new place?
          It's not currently possible to do this easily with the current location device because it doesn't use device values. You could do this with a recurring event + script and use the "DeviceDateTime" function to calculate the elapsed time since the last change. If this is more than x minutes then do something.

You could do it for near / not near type known places using built in events. Device X has been X for at least....

Paul..

Comment

Paul, I got an update mail from the plugin saying a new version was available, but following the link returned a 404 error:

http://www.jphuddlestone.co.uk/phups/
            Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Sounds great, keep us posted.

If u need help testing i would like to participate.

regards

bart
              Regards Bart
              ------------------------------------------
              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
              HSPRO 3.
              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                Paul, I got an update mail from the plugin saying a new version was available, but following the link returned a 404 error:

http://www.jphuddlestone.co.uk/phups/

Sorry. I fixed the link a couple of versions ago but you will need a later version installed for it to work.

You can download the latest version here:
                http://www.jphuddlestone.co.uk/phloc...PHLocation.zip

Paul..

Comment

Comment

The required changes should be minimal.

Authentication stuff should stay the same.
                    Change the server URL to point to /PH_Backitude.aspx
                    Enter 202 in successful response codes.

In custom server settings there are 2 entries for Custom Field 1. In the first enter the Device Reference for the user device configured in the plug-in. This can be found in the advanced tab for the device in HS3 and is a numerical value. Take care when entering this not to include any spaces or line feeds etc.

In the second Custom Field 1, enter "PHLID" without the quotes.

Currently the plug-in only needs Latitude, Longitude, Accuracy, Location Timestamp, Request Timestamp and Time Offsetvalues.

Paul..
                    Last edited by sooty; December 19, 2013, 01:15 AM. Reason: Added missing required data fields

Comment

Thanks Paul. Got everything setup and talking to each other but the device status is not updating. Device ID is 48. This is from the HS log.

Dec-18 5:08:02 PM PHLocation (procBkData) BK Data parsed as. Lat:30.118253707885742 Lon:-94.15180206298828 Time: Acc:10.0 ID:48 Offset:

Dec-18 5:03:19 PM PHLocation (procBkData) Backitude data arrival. latitude=30.118253707885742&longitude=-94.15180206298828&=1387407218&=1387407876&accuracy=10.0&PHLI D=48

Comment

Sorry, my bad.

On the mobile app in custom server settings you also need to enable / send Location Timestamp, Request Timestamp and Time Offset.

Paul..

Comment

SUCCESS!!!!!

Custom Server Settings for Backitute
                          Server URL - Your.server.ip.address: port\PH_Backitude.aspx
                          Successful Response Code - 202
                          Authentication Options - Basic Auth only
                          User\pass - Homeseer web user
                          Custom Field 1 - Device Reference ID for the User Device
                          Latitude – latitude
                          Longitude – longitude
                          Accuracy – accuracy
                          Altitude – altitude
                          Location Timestamp - loc_timestamp
                          Request Timestamp - req_timestamp
                          Time Offsetvalues - offset
                          Custom Field 1 – PHLID

Comment

Following requests from a couple of testers I have created an experimental version of the plug-in that treats user type devices as a parent and adds 3 child devices for Current Town/City, Current Country and Current Zip/Post Code. I have also added HS triggers that can be fired on changes in these devices.

Due to the large amount of code changes needed to accommodate these new devices I have not added this version to the plug-in's built in updates checker so if you want to have a play with it, drop me an email to paul dot huddlestone at gmail dot com.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                              I also plan to add support for Btraced in the next couple of weeks but I wanted to be sure the plug-in was stable before adding more features.
                              Paul..
                              Hi Paul,

I would like to test the plugin with Btraced. I downloaded and installed the plugin and noticed that Btraced support seems to be there. Is it ready to be tested? Do you have some instructions for setting up btraced? Is Btraced only port 80?

I have not actually used btraced before. It looks like it is designed to track and upload trips, will it also stay running all the time and track and upload current location?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Btraced is indeed designed as a trip recording / uploading solution although I think there was talk about adding an option to upload single points.

The plug-in receives data from the Btraced app via the PH_Btraced.aspx page so it is uploaded via whatever port you are running Homeseer on.

When used with Btraced, the plug-in receives all the trip points and stores them in it's internal database. It extracts the most recent uploaded point and uses this as the assumed current position.

At present the plug-in does not do anything with all the saved Btraced trip points although I do intend to add a trip viewer in the near future.

The plug-in has been tested with Btraced by a friend of mine and works as intended.

I don't have Btraced but I understand that the only configuration required on the app is the URL to PH_Btraced.aspx and any necessary authentication for the Homeseer web server.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                                X