Multiswitch devices not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiswitch devices not working

I created a new multi switch based on a BLRussound source device. I have others that work without issue.

When I change the source, it just keeps going back to "House" (the value that it's set to in HomeSeer). I tried to capture a log, but while I can see other devices change when I use them in ImperHome, the new MultiSwitch never gets logged (on Trace mode).

I've tried "Rebuild Cache" and refreshing the devices in ImperiHome to no avail.

I tried my other multi-switches and none of them seem to be working either. I don't see them in the logs (I logged to file) and they just end up reverting back to their value before the change.

I am on 3.0.0.25

Ok, I was sort of wrong. Some of my Multsiwtches are in fact working (the ones that control my ceiling fan). For some reason the ones for BLRussound do not work. Checking my other ones now.

Comment

Ok, so now my volume one is working. Also, my other ones work and they in fact show up in the logs, but only if I change from any value to "House". Changing the value from House to "Master Bedroom ChromeCast Audio" doesn't work. I'm starting to think it's the length of the names.

Comment

Ok, so I've narrowed it down to the issue, which is probably on IH side.

If the multiswitch name has a space in it, it doesn't get back to the plugin. I verified this by changing the sources to GuestBath and MasterBath and now they work.

This, however, completely breaks my multiswitch for my harmony hub device which has spaces in all the names.

Comment

I reported this bug to IH 2 years ago, and at some point it was fixed. I remembered tested it successfully at least on Android.

Are you on iOS or Android? which version of the app?

Comment

Android 4.0.8

Can you add an option to replace spaces with underscores? I remember you used to force it, but an option would be nice since you would never have to swap it back when they fix it, if they fix.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              Ok, so I've narrowed it down to the issue, which is probably on IH side.

If the multiswitch name has a space in it, it doesn't get back to the plugin. I verified this by changing the sources to GuestBath and MasterBath and now they work.

This, however, completely breaks my multiswitch for my harmony hub device which has spaces in all the names.
              I tested this again with Android 4.0.8, and it works for me, even with spaces.

Is it the multiswitch name or the controls names which have space in them?
              Could you post some screenshot of how is it configured and a trace log? thanks

Comment

Working...
              X