This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Is there any specific use cases you want to test? I very rarely use Vera, but can configure to support limited testing.

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
      Hi,

Is there any specific use cases you want to test? I very rarely use Vera, but can configure to support limited testing.
      Install would be good

The use pattern for the PI is around device control. Giving a bridge for Vera users as they migrate devices. So I would think checking the basics. On/Off/Dim

Some sensors work that I've tested but motion sensors are slower based upon the nature of the beast of polling. My only multi-sensor apparently is no longer working with Vera with the latest firmware release.... imagine that... so I can't test it.

Comment

will test tomorrow after a couple of cups of coffee.

Comment

FYI in case someone finds it by tomorrow I just fixed a multi-controller issue. I'll post a new release sometime tomorrow for it.

Comment

Ok. Bad news.

The Multi-Controller support will be pulled until I can get it worked out.

Problem: Return information from Vera doesn't provide any information of source so when the PI gets information it doesn't know what controller it actually came from and if there's a device that has the same Vera ID (multiple controllers) the PI will try to set the state for both devices and they may be of different device types which causes a problem.

So until this is fixed or disabled use the multi-controller with caution as the results may not be what you expect.

Comment

Just moving to HS3 from Vera. Have ~125 real and virtual devices including virtual switches, PLEG, etc. and ~10 plugins on functioning (well...ok yeah let's go with functioning) Vera Plus. Installed HS3 a couple weeks ago and have 2 test devices and a few plugins. Will install your plugin today. Haven't had much time to tinker with HS3 so diving in very green but seems like I'm one of your intended use cases...will report back. Let me know if anything in particular you'd like me to watch for.

Wade
              -Wade

Comment

OK, I an testing. Will provide feedback.

55 devices import from Vera...

Comment

Update.
                  Installed and configured. Clicking "Connect to Vera" appeared to do nothing (no change in switch state, etc.) but after moving to device management I realized devices were populating. After a few minutes (3-4 maybe?) it had pulled in 253 new HS3 devices from Vera including Vera child devices, virtual switches, scenes, PLEG, WWN, etc. At first look nothing obvious is missing other than DelayLight timers from the DelayLight vera plugin. Good so far.

-------------
                  Just before posting this message I noticed Manage Plugins screen shows status of the PI as "INFO: Plugin start is pending". Disabled and re-enabled and after several minutes no change in status. Don't know whether that indicates an installation problem that makes the following info useless.
                  -------------

Devices are there, but no other functionality appears to be working on initial testing. Only "troubleshooting" I've tried is restarting HS3 and forcing a LUUP reload in Vera.

Controls: Most don't show correct status (exception is 2 of 4 Sengled Element zigbee light bulbs correctly show "on"; all other lights show "off" regardless of actual state). No controls appear to function. Tried various on/off devices, scene run, dim sliders.

Address field empty for all devices.

Last Change is empty for perhaps 75% of devices. Of those with values, about half indicate approximately the time the devices were created and have not updated since--whether or not there has been an actual change. About a dozen seem to be updating regularly. Some devices are updating Last Change every minute although there's been no change.E.g. one of the zigbee bulbs that is correctly reporting as "on" (but not the other one), DayOrNight device from Day or Night Plugin, a scene that is scheduled to run weekly, and a scene that only runs on manual execution. A couple of motion sensors and 2 related scenes appear to be updating Last Change correctly.

Most device groups are correct but I find at least one odd one: a Vera scene followed by 3 MyQ garage door devices.

I hope this is helpful. Please advise what I should do to troubleshoot and what additional reports would be helpful.

----------------

System Information
                  Current Date/Time: 6/10/2018 9:31:05 AM Central Daylight Time
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows)
                  HomeSeer: Is Registered
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
                  OS Version: 10.0.17134 Service Pack: 0.0
                  System Uptime: 0 Days 2 Hours 31 Minutes 4 Seconds
                  User Name and Access Level:
                  LAN IP Address: 192.168.0.37 (DellXPS-Dad)
                  Client IP Address: 192.168.0.37 (DellXPS-Dad)
                  External IP Address:
                  Network Adapter: Adapter -> Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller IP: 192.168.0.37/24 MAC: 00:13:3B:11:05:7B
                  Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> Loopback Address (localhost) IP: 127.0.0.1
                  Web Server Port: 80
                  Number of Devices: 355
                  Number of Events: 2
                  Event Last Ran: , Ran at 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM
                  Number of unique event scripts used: 0
                  Plug-Ins Enabled: EasyTrigger:,ImperiHome:,MyQ:,Nest:,BLOnkyo:,Z-Wave:,Life360:,Vera:
                  Processor Type and Speed: Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 4 at 2.48 GHz
                  Modules/Threads: 128 Modules, 74 Threads
                  Available Threads: 800
                  System Processes/Load: 184 Processes, 28% Load
                  Free / Total Physical Memory: 4.66 GBytes / 7.99 GBytes (58% free)
                  Free / Total Virtual Memory: 9.08 GBytes / 13.24 GBytes (69% free)
                  HomeSeer Memory Used: 39 Mbytes
                  Plug-In Memory Used: 9 EXE Plug-Ins using 121 Mbytes
                  -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                    Update.
                    Installed and configured. Clicking "Connect to Vera" appeared to do nothing (no change in switch state, etc.) but after moving to device management I realized devices were populating. After a few minutes (3-4 maybe?) it had pulled in 253 new HS3 devices from Vera including Vera child devices, virtual switches, scenes, PLEG, WWN, etc. At first look nothing obvious is missing other than DelayLight timers from the DelayLight vera plugin. Good so far.

-------------
                    Just before posting this message I noticed Manage Plugins screen shows status of the PI as "INFO: Plugin start is pending". Disabled and re-enabled and after several minutes no change in status. Don't know whether that indicates an installation problem that makes the following info useless.
                    -------------

Devices are there, but no other functionality appears to be working on initial testing. Only "troubleshooting" I've tried is restarting HS3 and forcing a LUUP reload in Vera.

Controls: Most don't show correct status (exception is 2 of 4 Sengled Element zigbee light bulbs correctly show "on"; all other lights show "off" regardless of actual state). No controls appear to function. Tried various on/off devices, scene run, dim sliders.

Address field empty for all devices.

Last Change is empty for perhaps 75% of devices. Of those with values, about half indicate approximately the time the devices were created and have not updated since--whether or not there has been an actual change. About a dozen seem to be updating regularly. Some devices are updating Last Change every minute although there's been no change.E.g. one of the zigbee bulbs that is correctly reporting as "on" (but not the other one), DayOrNight device from Day or Night Plugin, a scene that is scheduled to run weekly, and a scene that only runs on manual execution. A couple of motion sensors and 2 related scenes appear to be updating Last Change correctly.

Most device groups are correct but I find at least one odd one: a Vera scene followed by 3 MyQ garage door devices.

I hope this is helpful. Please advise what I should do to troubleshoot and what additional reports would be helpful.

----------------

System Information
                    Current Date/Time: 6/10/2018 9:31:05 AM Central Daylight Time
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows)
                    HomeSeer: Is Registered
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
                    OS Version: 10.0.17134 Service Pack: 0.0
                    System Uptime: 0 Days 2 Hours 31 Minutes 4 Seconds
                    User Name and Access Level:
                    LAN IP Address: 192.168.0.37 (DellXPS-Dad)
                    Client IP Address: 192.168.0.37 (DellXPS-Dad)
                    External IP Address:
                    Network Adapter: Adapter -> Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller IP: 192.168.0.37/24 MAC: 00:13:3B:11:05:7B
                    Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> Loopback Address (localhost) IP: 127.0.0.1
                    Web Server Port: 80
                    Number of Devices: 355
                    Number of Events: 2
                    Event Last Ran: , Ran at 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM
                    Number of unique event scripts used: 0
                    Plug-Ins Enabled: EasyTrigger:,ImperiHome:,MyQ:,Nest:,BLOnkyo:,Z-Wave:,Life360:,Vera:
                    Processor Type and Speed: Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 4 at 2.48 GHz
                    Modules/Threads: 128 Modules, 74 Threads
                    Available Threads: 800
                    System Processes/Load: 184 Processes, 28% Load
                    Free / Total Physical Memory: 4.66 GBytes / 7.99 GBytes (58% free)
                    Free / Total Virtual Memory: 9.08 GBytes / 13.24 GBytes (69% free)
                    HomeSeer Memory Used: 39 Mbytes
                    Plug-In Memory Used: 9 EXE Plug-Ins using 121 Mbytes
                    That's a lot of devices for it to import and it will take some time. It sounds like things are getting hung up on some of the plugins. I may have to disable plugins and add options for known good plugins. I had weird issues with some of them.

Can you PM me the output of the following. Do this in a web browser or Postman if you have it.

Code:
                    http://<VERA-IP>:3480/data_request?id=sdata
                    That will give me a summary data output of your devices and plugins. It's not the FULL data so it won't include any plugin passwords but PM it to be safe.

How many controllers are you testing against?

It does sometimes take a long time for the plugin to fully initialize as it's pulling in that data and then has to process. You can try stopping the plugin, deleting the devices and then start the plugin. Don't hit connect in the PI config until after the Initialize is complete. Then go into config, setup IP and hit connect and just wait. With lots of devices it will take a while. The red connect message disappears when done.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                      That's a lot of devices for it to import and it will take some time. It sounds like things are getting hung up on some of the plugins. I may have to disable plugins and add options for known good plugins. I had weird issues with some of them.

Can you PM me the output of the following. Do this in a web browser or Postman if you have it.

Code:
                      http://<VERA-IP>:3480/data_request?id=sdata
                      That will give me a summary data output of your devices and plugins. It's not the FULL data so it won't include any plugin passwords but PM it to be safe.

How many controllers are you testing against?

It does sometimes take a long time for the plugin to fully initialize as it's pulling in that data and then has to process. You can try stopping the plugin, deleting the devices and then start the plugin. Don't hit connect in the PI config until after the Initialize is complete. Then go into config, setup IP and hit connect and just wait. With lots of devices it will take a while. The red connect message disappears when done.
                      PM sent.
                      1 controller: Vera Plus
                      Will try additional steps as suggested.

Thx.
                      -Wade

Comment

Update Release: 0.0.3.91

see release notes. I recommend a full install for testing purposes. Stop the plugin, delete devices. Install the latest and then start the plugin.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...35&postcount=1

Comment

Recreated devices as suggested and now can control from HS3. Excellent!

Status reporting is acting oddly. On creation, all on/off devices show "off". Status does not update in HS3 when they are controlled manually at their physical switches or from Vera ("outside HS3") until I've used the HS3 PI control to turn them on/off, then the PI begins to pick up status from the device when switched outside HS3. This was consistent and repeatable over several devices.

After going through the above with a given device, reporting is still acting oddly. When I switch a light on outside HS3, HS3 picks up the on status very quickly but then a few seconds later (varies ~ 1-5 seconds) status reverts to off and remains that way although the device is still on. This is also consistent and repeatable over several light switches.

I'll install the newest release from a few minutes ago and retest the above and report back.
                          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                            Recreated devices as suggested and now can control from HS3. Excellent!

Status reporting is acting oddly. On creation, all on/off devices show "off". Status does not update in HS3 when they are controlled manually at their physical switches or from Vera ("outside HS3") until I've used the HS3 PI control to turn them on/off, then the PI begins to pick up status from the device when switched outside HS3. This was consistent and repeatable over several devices.

After going through the above with a given device, reporting is still acting oddly. When I switch a light on outside HS3, HS3 picks up the on status very quickly but then a few seconds later (varies ~ 1-5 seconds) status reverts to off and remains that way although the device is still on. This is also consistent and repeatable over several light switches.

I'll install the newest release from a few minutes ago and retest the above and report back.
                            Unfortunately that symptom is a Vera issue that I'm trying to work around. I'm using the same Luup calls and interface that's in the Mios guides for a Client App. The problem is that Vera doesn't provide a lot of consistency with reporting states. I'm trying to optimize and have consistent data versus killing the Vera with queries.

1. On startup not showing current status. This is on my list to adjust. Basically I will have to do two loops of the entire Vera status system. First loop to get the devices and the second loop just to set states. With lots of devices this will increase startup times.

2. I'm messing around with getting full data versus update date at intervals to try and keep things as close to states as possible.

3. Control from HS is blocking in the sense that it will wait for Vera to actually perform the action. Which if caught in a Luup reload or Vera weird state it looks like the command is taking a long time. The same behavior as when using the Vera Web Interface.

Comment

I couldn't get my plus up and running (stupid firmware upgrade), so i broke out my edge. I loaded the pl that was posted this morning. For what I want, I am working. All I am using the vera is for virtual devices. If i can ever get the plus running again, i will get some zigbee devices to test.
                              Once I have my setup going I will post the whats and hows.

Comment

I loaded the pl that was posted early this morning, I decided to try an upgrade with today's update. When I started it back up, I had no virtual devices. The scenes came over. I tried uninstalling the pl and then installed the update. Same issue. I rolled back to the first one and the virtual devices showed back up. Not sure if i missed a step.
                                Also I noticed if the pl is disabled then re enabled, events lose the devices.

Comment

Working...
                                X