Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple users

Hi!

I am testing your plugin and wonder, is it possible to connect family members to this plugin?

And if, howto do it?

/NBonline

Have you tried to link the same Dropbox account to multiple IFTTT accounts?

If that doesn't work, I can add support for multiple instances to the plugin, so that you could start one instance (linked to one dropbox account) for each family member.

Comment

No, I haven't tried that.

The later option maybe would be a better option.
      Then the control would be in the plugin.

Or am I wrong out?

Comment

Originally posted by NBonline View Post
        No, I haven't tried that.

The later option maybe would be a better option.
        Then the control would be in the plugin.

Or am I wrong out?
        not sure what you meant by "Then the control would be in the plugin"? The main difference between these 2 solutions is that one would use only one Dropbox account for the whole family (but I'm not sure it is even possible with IFTTT), whereas the other would use one Dropbox account for each family member.

In terms of control from HomeSeer, it would be the same, but done slightly differently.

Comment

Ok, if this feature should be implemented in your plugin, I trust you make the best solution for it.

I'm looking for a plugin that can handle the hole family.

Comment

I just tested the first solution and I can link the same Dropbox account to multiple IFTTT accounts. So, if each family member has its own IFTTT account, just make them all write to (or read from) the same Dropbox account. Then from HS link the plugin to this one Dropbox account.

Comment

This sounds interesting.

I will test this concept.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X