Compare device value to static value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compare device value to static value

Spud... trying another one of your plugins out :-)

so... per this thread, i'm trying to setup an alert if my hot tub temp goes below 100 degrees.
    https://board.homeseer.com/showthrea...=1#post1283524

Somebody recommended this plugin... although after installing the trial, i'm still not sure it can do what a I want, which seems so simple.

per the other thread, i was thinking about using "changes and becomes a custom value or value range"....

In your plugin, i can compare two device values, but what i really want is to compare the device value, and notify me if it goes below a static value i set - in this case 100 degrees?

Also, can this help me (i don't see it) have this so it doesn't continually run the event while the condition is true? I only want to get one email :-)

THe easiest way would be an Easy Trigger trigger. It also could be done with a standard trigger with "Cannot Re-Run For:" set for the frequency you want the emails delivered.

Easy Trigger - this will trigger once after 10 minutes at less than 100 degrees and will not trigger again:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1188293

HS Trigger - this will generate a new email once an hour until the temperature is 100 degrees or higher.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1188294

You can fine tune the timing and temperatures.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      THe easiest way would be an Easy Trigger trigger. It also could be done with a standard trigger with "Cannot Re-Run For:" set for the frequency you want the emails delivered.

Easy Trigger - this will trigger once after 10 minutes at less than 100 degrees and will not trigger again:

[ATTACH]58453[/ATTACH]

HS Trigger - this will generate a new email once an hour until the temperature is 100 degrees or higher.

[ATTACH]58454[/ATTACH]

You can fine tune the timing and temperatures.
      Great explanation and pictures. thanks so much. The "cannot re-run" was something I've also missed and obviously super useful. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X