www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Analog & Digital IO Device Plug-ins > Analog & Digital IO Discussion > Arduino Plugin (3P)

Arduino Plugin (3P) Discussions related to the Arduion plugin for HS3 by enigmatheatre

Old September 12th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Viewer

Arduino Plugin with Sonoff Relays

I've been experimenting with using the arduino plugin to control these Sonoff brand relay boards. They are basically an ESP8266 controlled relay board. So far the basic relay board works great, but where i run into problems is the 2 channel and 4 channel versions both use nodeMCU pin D8 for one of the relays.

The D8 pin doesn't seem to be available for use, is there anyway to add that functionality?

Also, one of the features of these boards is GPIO14 (D5) is brought out to a header for adding a temperature sensor. Ideally i would like to use a DHT temp/humidity sensor, but would accept a DS18B20.

Are there any plans to add the onewire bus as an option for the NodeMCU board?

I know it's probably possible to include this by using the API, but i'm not quite up to speed with Arduino IDE programming yet.

But having pin D8 available to the NodeMCU board would be awesome, if at all possible.

Overall using this arduino plugin with the Sonoff boards works great, very responsive, local control button works great (via an event in Homeseer) . I've also got the Sonoff Touch wall switches working the same way, also very responsive and look great on the wall!
Old September 16th, 2017, 10:34 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccresry View Post
I've been experimenting with using the arduino plugin to control these Sonoff brand relay boards. They are basically an ESP8266 controlled relay board. So far the basic relay board works great, but where i run into problems is the 2 channel and 4 channel versions both use nodeMCU pin D8 for one of the relays.

The D8 pin doesn't seem to be available for use, is there anyway to add that functionality?

Also, one of the features of these boards is GPIO14 (D5) is brought out to a header for adding a temperature sensor. Ideally i would like to use a DHT temp/humidity sensor, but would accept a DS18B20.

I know it's probably possible to include this by using the API, but i'm not quite up to speed with Arduino IDE programming yet.

But having pin D8 available to the NodeMCU board would be awesome, if at all possible.

Overall using this arduino plugin with the Sonoff boards works great, very responsive, local control button works great (via an event in Homeseer) . I've also got the Sonoff Touch wall switches working the same way, also very responsive and look great on the wall!
How are you mounting the touch wall switches? From what I read, the switches are not compatible with the US wall switch boxes. I have been looking at them, but was put off by the non standard mounting.
Old September 17th, 2017, 05:36 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccresry View Post

I prefer to only provide the pins that are available on the supported board so that users with basic knowledge cant get it wrong. I would suggest trying the API mode as this is not to hard to use if you have a basic understanding of the Arduino IDE.

Greig.
Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
Scripts =
Various
Old September 18th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbell View Post
How are you mounting the touch wall switches? From what I read, the switches are not compatible with the US wall switch boxes. I have been looking at them, but was put off by the non standard mounting.

They make a US version that fit the normal boxes here, I did have to modify the mount slightly since the screws they use protrude too far and hit the side of the mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk