Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Devices Don't Check-in... Monitoring / Alerting - how are you doing it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Devices Don't Check-in... Monitoring / Alerting - how are you doing it?

I have 2 devices running EgiGeo ... one works flawlessly and the other works for a week or two then stops. When it stop reporting I want to be notified, and turn the Geofence to 'Not Near' as a fail safe.

Thus I need to monitor when it stops responding and want to gather ideas/experiences from the crew here to see how you are doing it?

I just set it up to monitor the Root device with "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" is unchecked.

Thx for your input.

I highly recommend you contact the developer as he's usually on top of things and this situation doesn't sound right. That said, why not just create an event to set your status to not near and send you an email if:

IF it's been NEAR for 14 days
    OR IF it's been NOT NEAR for 14 days

?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      I highly recommend you contact the developer as he's usually on top of things and this situation doesn't sound right. That said, why not just create an event to set your status to not near and send you an email if:

IF it's been NEAR for 14 days
      OR IF it's been NOT NEAR for 14 days

?
      Not an app problem, my other phone is fine. If I can get my wife to move to the new phone I already bought her it might fix the 'problem'... but it just highlighted a fail-safe I could put into place anyway.

Here's what I did...
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X