X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.8.0.8 Beta

New Feature

- Support the Insteon Hub (2242-222) as the primary controller instead of a typical PLM. You need to configure the Port on the Config page with the ip address, a colon and the port. ie. 192.168.1.100:8080. This is the same port information you would use to access the Hub's web page.
    - Test communications on multiple devices at once. This will ping each device 4 times and present a summary table at the end.
    - A Cancel button on the Test Communications features.

Changes
    - The plugin interface port is not on the Config page, not on the HS Setup/Interface page. Your current port will be transferred.
    - Added Repeat button to Test Communications report pages (1.8.2.3)
    - Additional logging for Port Recovery routine (1.8.2.10)
    Fixes
    - IO Linc in mode 3
    - Other misc bugs in 1.7.3.1
    - Edit Device Location (1.8.2.3)
    - Hub reset and reprogram (1.8.2.3)
    - Start error associated with ProcessInsteonTrigger (1.8.2.8)
    - Syncing KPL devices when using radio button groups (1.8.2.8)
    - 6 key vs 8 key issue generated in 1.8.2.8 (1.8.2.9)
    - Threadpool error when using Insteon Hub (1.8.2.10)

New Device Support
    - New Dual-band KPL on/off (022C)
    - DIN Rail devices
    - Water Leak Sensor

To Install:

1. Backup your current hs database and insteon.ini
    2. Shutdown HS
    3. Copy the hspi_insteon.dll to the homeseer folder
    4. For new users only: copy the insteon.lf to the homeseer\config (this will provide a 30-day trial license)
    5. Restart HS
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; February 9, 2013, 09:02 AM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Mark, thanks for the update. I am planning on moving to the hub around christmas time.

One question, I could not see how to make the test communications for multiple devices work. I assumed there would be a test communications button on the manage devices page and that would be pressed and tests ran on the checked devices.

I will continue running some basic tests on it
    Paul

Comment

please try 1.8.0.9. i forgot to make the btn avail in .8
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Nice, that works fine. I did a basic test of most features except add/delete devices, everything seems good on the PLM side. The existing com port came over, that kind of thing.
        Paul

Comment

1.8.0.8 and still serial PLM "attempting to restart" problems

Hi Mark
          I too am looking forward to the release of the new hub as my PLM continually tries to restart but never realy gets restarted before the next restart call from the plug-in and eventually crashes with the newest versions.
          I am currently using version 1.6.0.1 and not having the restart problem and so looking forward to going IP and being able to use version 1.8.0.8
          PS is there a way to disable the auto restart of the 2413s
          Thanks
          Great Work

Comment

Originally posted by sparkysar View Post
            Hi Mark
            I too am looking forward to the release of the new hub as my PLM continually tries to restart but never realy gets restarted before the next restart call from the plug-in and eventually crashes with the newest versions.
            I am currently using version 1.6.0.1 and not having the restart problem and so looking forward to going IP and being able to use version 1.8.0.8
            Thanks
            Great Work
            The insteon hub may be a solution to the disconnect problem, not sure. this is going to need a lot of field testing and work.

i can add a feature to the current beta to allow you to disable the restart feature. that said, I was able to resolve the disconnect issue/restart issue on my vista alarm plugin using an ftdi .net dll. I can do the same here.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark
              Thanks
              Great Work
              Are you using a 2413U (usb) or 2413S (serial)? I've never heard of anyone having disconnect/restart issues with a 2413S

can you tell me about the scenario of your disconnect? and do you have a detailed log of this situation.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Version 1.8.10 beta works good here so far

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                Are you using a 2413U (usb) or 2413S (serial)? I've never heard of anyone having disconnect/restart issues with a 2413S

can you tell me about the scenario of your disconnect? and do you have a detailed log of this situation.
                Hi Mark
                The newest version 1.8.1.0 seems to work well now, I am once again using the 2413U. no disconnects and the install / swap went smooth
                I have 29 devices and so far communication very good.
                the 2413S may have a firmware problem as after the last storm it started taking multiple tries and more hops to connect with devices.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Mark
                  The newest version 1.8.1.0 seems to work well now, I am once again using the 2413U. no disconnects and the install / swap went smooth
                  I have 29 devices and so far communication very good.
                  the 2413S may have a firmware problem as after the last storm it started taking multiple tries and more hops to connect with devices.

Thanks
                  I posted v1.8.2.2 which fixes the interface crashes trigger and i added another trigger so you know when the disconnect initially occurs. You can get both to send you an email or whatever.

you need to edit and save your event if you use the original interfaces crashes trigger
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Installed 1.8.2.3. Seems to run fine, although I received
                    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/28/2013 12:37:11 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Plug-In </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Initializing Plug-in: HSDroid</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/28/2013 12:37:11 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Plug-In </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Finished initializing plug-in Insteon</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/28/2013 12:37:11 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Waiting to initialize External Devices...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/28/2013 12:36:17 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/28/2013 12:36:17 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/28/2013 12:36:10 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>RF PLM contacted on COM1 with an Insteon address of 1B.FB.65 and firmware version 99</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/28/2013 12:36:09 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Plug-In </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Initializing Plug-in: Insteon</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/28/2013 12:36:09 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Initializing Plug-Ins</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/28/2013 12:36:09 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Plug-In </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Found plug-in: UPB, version: 1.0.2.7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Error report attached
                    Attached Files

Comment

can you check the triggers you have setup in your various events. it seems like there is a trigger based on a device that no longer exists

if this is the case, please let me know so i can mod the plugin with a more useful msg
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Triggers

O.K. Will see what I can find. Lots and lots of events.....

Comment

Missing Action

Found one conditional event that for some reason, the action has vaporized. So i added the device back into it, shut down HomeSeer and restarted. Same result.

1/28/2013 1:54:20 PM - Insteon - ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log

Comment

Originally posted by gjtherk@comcast.net View Post
                            O.K. Will see what I can find. Lots and lots of events.....
                            if it helps, you only need to look at events based on Insteon triggers
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Only have one Insteon Triggered event - PLM reset. That looks O.K., other than the trigger name says <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablecelltrigger>Insteon device [1B.FB.65] (Insteon device no longer valid) Interface Crashes</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

and that is a the correct ID.

Comment

Working...
                              X