Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which results in Radio Channel 1 which has id 701 in the backend being played
    I would have expected TV Channel 1 which has id 1 in the backend

Bit confused

Comment

I am trying this plugin for the first time. I followed the instructions and the config page shows the 2 PCs that were discovered but they don't connect. It must be something simple but can't figure it out. It could be a firewall matter but there were no specific install steps for that. Any help would be appreciated.

Mar-14 15:10:11 XBMC INFO Failed to connect to XBMC Client: Kodi (Study-PC) 192.168.0.210 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.0.210:9090
      Mar-14 15:09:51 XBMC INFO Failed to connect to XBMC Client: Kodi (HTPC) 192.168.0.102 No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.0.102:9090
      Mar-14 15:09:50 XBMC INFO Resolved Service: Kodi (Study-PC) - _xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp. - 192.168.0.210 - 8080
      Mar-14 15:09:50 XBMC INFO Resolved Service: Kodi (Study-PC) - _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp. - 192.168.0.210 - 9090
      Mar-14 15:09:50 XBMC INFO Found Service: Kodi (Study-PC)
      Mar-14 15:09:50 XBMC INFO Resolved Service: Kodi (HTPC) - _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp. - 192.168.0.102 - 9090
      Mar-14 15:09:50 XBMC INFO Found Service: Kodi (Study-PC)
      Mar-14 15:09:50 XBMC INFO Resolved Service: Kodi (HTPC) - _xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp. - 192.168.0.102 - 8080
      Mar-14 15:09:50 XBMC INFO Found Service: Kodi (HTPC)
      Mar-14 15:09:47 XBMC INFO XBMC version 3.0.0.37

edit: here is some debug for one of the clients

Mar-14 17:44:55 XBMC DEBUG System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.0.210:9090 at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(T ask task) at HSPI_XBMC.XBMCPlayer.d__3.MoveNext()
      Mar-14 17:44:55 XBMC INFO Failed to connect to XBMC Client: Kodi (Study-PC) 192.168.0.210 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.0.210:9090
      Last edited by naellis; March 14, 2016, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
        I am trying this plugin for the first time. I followed the instructions and the config page shows the 2 PCs that were discovered but they don't connect. It must be something simple but can't figure it out. It could be a firewall matter but there were no specific install steps for that. Any help would be appreciated.
        you need to open the firewalls on your Kodi's machines for port 9090 and 8080

Comment

Originally posted by OliP View Post

Which results in Radio Channel 1 which has id 701 in the backend being played
          I would have expected TV Channel 1 which has id 1 in the backend

Bit confused
          according to this: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15783
          channel ids are different from backend channel numbers .
          you can try to get the channels ids using the following call from a browser.

http://192.168.0.100:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"PVR.GetChannels", "params":{"channelgroupid":0}, "id":1}

replace the ip and port by yours and try different channelgroupid: 0, 1, 2, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            you need to open the firewalls on your Kodi's machines for port 9090 and 8080
            OK so ports are now open but can you please confirm if the plugin is meant to automatically connect. I've tried disable/enable the plugin and I've tried closing and opening Kodi....sometimes the clients connect and sometimes they don't. I've rechecked the Kodi settings and they are correct. Any clues ?

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
              OK so ports are now open but can you please confirm if the plugin is meant to automatically connect. I've tried disable/enable the plugin and I've tried closing and opening Kodi....sometimes the clients connect and sometimes they don't. I've rechecked the Kodi settings and they are correct. Any clues ?
              yes the plugin is supposed to automatically connect everytime it discovers a Kodi instance (which should happen every time you restart the plugin or a Kodi instance)

do you see these kind of log lines when it doesn't connect?
              Mar-14 15:09:50 XBMC INFO Resolved Service: Kodi (HTPC) - _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp. - 192.168.0.102 - 9090
              Mar-14 15:09:50 XBMC INFO Resolved Service: Kodi (HTPC) - _xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp. - 192.168.0.102 - 8080

Comment

yes the plugin is supposed to automatically connect everytime it discovers a Kodi instance (which should happen every time you restart the plugin or a Kodi instance)

do you see these kind of log lines when it doesn't connect?
                Thanks for the quick reply. I've just started 2 clients this morning to see what happens and for each I get

Mar-15 08:07:22 XBMC DEBUG Pinging on http port 8080
                Mar-15 08:07:22 XBMC DEBUG Connecting on tcp port 9090
                Mar-15 08:07:22 XBMC INFO Resolved Service: Kodi (Kitchen) - _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp. - 192.168.0.105 - 9090
                Mar-15 08:07:22 XBMC INFO Resolved Service: Kodi (Kitchen) - _xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp. - 192.168.0.105 - 8080
                Mar-15 08:07:22 XBMC INFO Found Service: Kodi (Kitchen)
                Mar-15 08:07:22 XBMC INFO Found Service: Kodi (Kitchen)

I checked the logs from yesterday's failures and the only difference was
                missing a XBMC DEBUG Pinging on http port 8080

Comment

according to this: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15783
                  channel ids are different from backend channel numbers .
                  you can try to get the channels ids using the following call from a browser.

http://192.168.0.100:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"PVR.GetChannels", "params":{"channelgroupid":0}, "id":1}

replace the ip and port by yours and try different channelgroupid: 0, 1, 2, etc...
                  Many Thanks.
                  Incidentally the above json returned an error.
                  This url worked
                  http://10.0.0.101/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"PVR.GetChannels", "params":{"channelgroupid":2},%20"id":1}

Comment

http://10.0.0.101/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"PVR.GetChannels", "params":{"channelgroupid":1},%20"id":1}

And this returns radio.
                    Above is tv.

Could I request for a future version the event creator gets a drop down of available channels like tv shows or movies currently does?

Chz.
                    Oli

Comment

http://10.0.0.101/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"PVR.GetChannels", "params":{"channelgroupid":1},%20"id":1}

And this returns radio.
                      Above is tv.

Could I request for a future version the event creator gets a drop down of available channels like tv shows or movies currently does?

Chz.
                      Oli
                      +1 for that request

Comment

And this returns radio.
                        Above is tv.

Chz.
                        Oli
                        done in version 3.0.0.38 available here

Click image for larger version

Name:	openchannel.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	1183971

Comment

[ATTACH]53100[/ATTACH]
                          Haven't loaded it yet but just wanted to say Brilliant and Thanks !

Comment

[ATTACH]53100[/ATTACH]
                            Wow that was fast! Many Thanks, installing now.

Our of curiosity - how long does it take for you to publish an update via the plugin installer?

Comment

Our of curiosity - how long does it take for you to publish an update via the plugin installer?
                              I do not handle this process myself, I have to ask the HS Team, so depending on how busy they are it can take up to 1 week. That's why I usually ask once a month for all my plugins.

Comment

[ATTACH]53100[/ATTACH]
                                I've only just got round to loading .38 - unfortunately it has hit a problem. Loaded ok and went to check existing events to confirm the channel numbers. Worked ok on 2 different events and could see the channel names but then all other events within the same event group failed to open up. Events in other groups were still ok though. Went to Manage plugins but could no longer open up the plugins list to disable XBMC. Had to shutdown HS and restart then deleted plugin. I reverted back to .37 and went back to the same events. All opened correctly but noticed one had a channel id of -1.

Let me know if you need more info.

Comment

Working...
                                X