String change by another plug-in not detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String change by another plug-in not detected

I'm having an issue with a string change not being detected if it is changed by another plug-in. If I change it manually via script, it works fine.

In particular, I'm using Jon00's DataScraper plug-in to extract text from a webpage and store it to a virtual device. I then have an event that uses EasyTrigger to look for a string change so I can act on it.

Below is a log. The events at 2:23 show me manually setting the string to a dash "-" and EasyTrigger detects OK. The entries at 2:25 show running Jon00's DataScraper which updates the virtual device string, but this is not detected.

Can you help?

Apr-20 2:25:38 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/Jon00DataScraper.vben("Main","1")
    Apr-20 2:25:38 PM Event Event Trigger "Data Scraper County Waste, Check"
    Apr-20 2:25:38 PM Event Event Data Scraper County Waste, Check triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

Apr-20 2:23:52 PM Event Event Trigger "Notifications County Waste, Notify"
    Apr-20 2:23:52 PM EasyTrigger DEBUG Firing event 2
    Apr-20 2:23:52 PM EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 497 string changed to -
    Apr-20 2:23:52 PM System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.SetDeviceString 497,"-",true

Originally posted by wcross View Post
    I'm having an issue with a string change not being detected if it is changed by another plug-in. If I change it manually via script, it works fine.

In particular, I'm using Jon00's DataScraper plug-in to extract text from a webpage and store it to a virtual device. I then have an event that uses EasyTrigger to look for a string change so I can act on it.

Below is a log. The events at 2:23 show me manually setting the string to a dash "-" and EasyTrigger detects OK. The entries at 2:25 show running Jon00's DataScraper which updates the virtual device string, but this is not detected.

Can you help?

Apr-20 2:25:38 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/Jon00DataScraper.vben("Main","1")
    Apr-20 2:25:38 PM Event Event Trigger "Data Scraper County Waste, Check"
    Apr-20 2:25:38 PM Event Event Data Scraper County Waste, Check triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

Apr-20 2:23:52 PM Event Event Trigger "Notifications County Waste, Notify"
    Apr-20 2:23:52 PM EasyTrigger DEBUG Firing event 2
    Apr-20 2:23:52 PM EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 497 string changed to -
    Apr-20 2:23:52 PM System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.SetDeviceString 497,"-",true
    Talk to Jon00. We had the same problem with the Sonos plug-in and it was discussed in this thread.
    Last edited by randy; April 24, 2017, 04:53 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

That was it. I contacted Jon00 and he gave me an update right away that fixed it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X