This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup process?

Rob as you request before installing one of your new plugin versions I do a backup of the Config [tools, general, config] but apparently that does not save the version because when I restore an earlier Config backup the plug in version stays the same.
    How do a backup of the version installation?

Comment

So I disconnect the Homeseer S2 Ethernet cable and restart the OP and I can get back on line with the OP again.

Have never seen an issue like this.

That said has your Homeseer S2 been working fine network wise?
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by chasers03 View Post
        Rob as you request before installing one of your new plugin versions I do a backup of the Config [tools, general, config] but apparently that does not save the version because when I restore an earlier Config backup the plug in version stays the same.
        How do a backup of the version installation?
        Yeah, that backup in the config only backs up the HomeSeer config, not the plugins as you found.
        There are a few different ways to backup the zee. For a truly drag and drop method, just use WinSCP and copy the /usr/local/HomeSeer folder to your PC.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          So I disconnect the Homeseer S2 Ethernet cable and restart the OP and I can get back on line with the OP again.

Me neither. That has to be something network related.

Comment

Backup the zee?

[QUOTE=rmasonjr;1308292]Yeah, that backup in the config only backs up the HomeSeer config, not the plugins as you found.
            There are a few different ways to backup the zee. For a truly drag and drop method, just use WinSCP and copy the /usr/local/HomeSeer folder to your PC.

I am using my Imac so how can I do a backup with it......Thanks for sharing your weekend...

***Backup your current installation so you can revert back if needed!!

Note: As of HS3 v3.0.0.312, HST has removed backups of the plugin updates.
            For this reason, rolling back to previous versions is dependent on the user making a backup
            before upgrading in the updater. Always make a backup of your HS folder before installing updates.

I guess I need to find a HS folder which would be where on a Mac?

Comment

S2 wireless connection??

My S2 was working fine using the HAI, the only plug-in I use and it was working well also with echo. But about two weeks ago when HS was having some down time problems my S2 stopped communicating with the network.

So as I said at about this same time the Omni would go off the network. I finally figured out that it was only doing this when the S2 was connected via an Ethernet cable.

This is why I am asking how I can get the S2 to communicate with the network wirelessly???? There appears to be a wireless setup but mine isn't working.

Thanks for trying to help me......I admit I am a newby to this.

Comment

Yes if you have dependencies on myhomeseer dot com and it is down then your S2 will not work properly. That though doesn't have any affect on your S2 to HAI panel connectivity.

You can use wireless to connect your S2 to the network. For basics debugging of your S2 I would advise you to continue to utilize the wired lan transport.

Instead leave you S2 connected via ethernet and check the transport. Start by doing a ping from the S2 to the OmniPro 2 panel. Turn up the OmniPro 2 plugin debug logging, disable the plugin, enable the plugin and watch it connect to your panel.

Post the logging here when the plugin connects to the panel.

Here is the log of Rob's plug in connecting to my OmniPro 2 panel as an example of what you should see:

Code:
                5/28/2017 5:28:41 AM [1] [All configuration and properties retrieved.]
                5/28/2017 5:28:40 AM [1] [-->Reading properties...]
                5/28/2017 5:28:12 AM [1] [-->Reading configuration...]
                5/28/2017 5:28:09 AM [2] [CONTROLLER IS: OmniPro II (4.0B)]
                5/28/2017 5:28:09 AM [2] [Identifying Controller...]
                5/28/2017 5:28:09 AM [2] [Panel Connected.]
                5/28/2017 5:28:09 AM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Connecting]
                5/28/2017 5:28:08 AM [2] [Connecting with: [192.168.244.182] [4369] [TCP]]
                Last edited by Pete; May 28, 2017, 05:36 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

[QUOTE=chasers03;1308297]
                  Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  Yeah, that backup in the config only backs up the HomeSeer config, not the plugins as you found.

I am using my Imac so how can I do a backup with it......Thanks for sharing your weekend...

***Backup your current installation so you can revert back if needed!!

Note: As of HS3 v3.0.0.312, HST has removed backups of the plugin updates.
                  For this reason, rolling back to previous versions is dependent on the user making a backup
                  before upgrading in the updater. Always make a backup of your HS folder before installing updates.

I guess I need to find a HS folder which would be where on a Mac?
                  Not sure about a Mac...
                  There should be some folder structure for HomeSeer though.

Comment

Log attached

After learning how to follow your good directions Pete here is what the log shows but it means little to me what do you think? Thank you guys for your patience with me and if this should be put elsewhere in the forum then I will try.

May-28 12:36:20 PM <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">
                    </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Plug-In </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Finished initializing plug-in HAI </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> May-28 12:36:17 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Info </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Plugin HAI has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:53588 </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> May-28 12:36:04 PM </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Info </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Plugin HAI with instance: has disconnected </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> May-28 12:36:04 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Plug-In </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Shutting down Plug-In: HAI </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> May-28 12:34:48 PM </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Web Server </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Web Server authorized local login successful from: 192.168.1.77 User: Steve Chase </td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

Ping attempt 2

another attempt at connecting with the panel which seems to fail..

May-28 1:07:26 PM <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">
                      </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Plug-In </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Finished initializing plug-in HAI </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> May-28 1:07:24 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Info </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Plugin HAI has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:53620 </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> May-28 1:06:00 PM </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Energy DB Info </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> All energy database compacting routines completed. </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> May-28 1:06:00 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Energy DB Info </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> No Records. Vacuuming database to condense. </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> May-28 1:06:00 PM </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Energy DB Info </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Energy database compaction initiated. </td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

My panel IP address is 192.168.1.64 not what is in the log? IP:127.0.0.1:53620 go figure that?

Comment

Have you configured your panel IP in the HAI configuration tab?

[ATTACH]61396[/ATTACH]

Your logs should be showing the IP of the panel when loading the plugin.

The IP above is the loopback address of your S2.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete my panel config looks like yours and my pings get this response
                            May-28 2:26:12 PM
                            <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">
                            </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Plug-In </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Finished initializing plug-in HAI </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> May-28 2:26:10 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Info </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Plugin HAI has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:48026 </td></tr></tbody></table>
                            and that is it.

I am getting some packet loss 30% when pinging using my Fing App on the Omni and 0% and fast round trips when pinging my Z2..

Need to visit my daughter and be back to it later thanks for you hints Pete. As you said this may be a network problem???

Comment

Very odd.

Yes it appears that you may have a network configuration issue with the S2 which in turn is causing an issue with your OmniPro configuration.

SSH to your S2 and print out what ifconfig shows.

Are you using DHCP or do you have a static IP configured for your S2?

Do not use the GUI on the Homeseer tabs to configure a static IP as it is broken.

Configure a static IP on your RPi2-3 via the OS.

Ping your OmniPro panel from the S2 SSH terminal session.
                              Last edited by Pete; May 28, 2017, 03:18 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Wow you went past my intel.

Very odd.

Yes it appears that you may have a network configuration issue with the S2 which in turn is causing an issue with your OmniPro configuration.

SSH to your S2 and print out what ifconfig shows. ATTACHED I THINK? I USE GRAB SCREEN CAPTURE AND SAVE TO DOWNLOADS ETC.

Are you using DHCP or do you have a static IP configured for your S2? DHCP CHECKED. NO STATIC IP

Do not use the GUI on the Homeseer tabs to configure a static IP as it is broken.

Configure a static IP on your RPi2-3 via the OS. SORRY I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS

Ping your OmniPro panel from the S2 SSH terminal session.
                                I HAVE AN APP CALLED FING ON MY IPHONE AND CAN PING FROM IT. I WILL ATTACH IT TO THE NEXT REPLY IF THAT MEANS ANYTHING.

PETE YOU ARE VERY HELPFUL BUT ARE DEALING WITH A DUMMY IN THIS AREA OF UNDERSTANDING. DON'T KNOW WHAT THESE ACRONYMS MEAN ETC. I AM WORKING FROM MY IMAC ALSO. MY WINDOWS COMPUTER IS SLOW IN COMPARISON. STEVE
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X