It keeps saying "Activated Offline"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It keeps saying "Activated Offline"

I have a Sony TV and when this plugin works, it works great. However, it very often (almost everyday), just says "Activated Offline" and stops working. To get it working, I usually have to restart the plugin and hit the Activate button again. Do you guys know what's causing that and how I can fix it?

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
    I have a Sony TV and when this plugin works, it works great. However, it very often (almost everyday), just says "Activated Offline" and stops working. To get it working, I usually have to restart the plugin and hit the Activate button again. Do you guys know what's causing that and how I can fix it?
    Which version of the PI are you using, which OS do you run this on, which version of Sony TV, what firewall is active if it runs under windows.

When it stops working, can you take a trace and post it?

Dirk

Comment

Plugin version: 3.0.0.27
      Sony TV: XBR-75X850D
      Firewall is completely turned off.

I'm not sure how to run a trace though. How would I do that?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Plugin version: 3.0.0.27
        Sony TV: XBR-75X850D
        Firewall is completely turned off.

I'm not sure how to run a trace though. How would I do that?

Thanks for your help.
        I would suggest you keep your trace on.

You go to the config screen, click on debug flag and log to disk.
        Let it collect for a few days until it stops working.
        Go to the config screen, click off logging to disk.
        Go to <hs root>\html\mediacontroller\logs and zip the mediacontrollerdebug.txt file and upload.

You are absolutely sure there is NO firewall active, right? Any special with your network, like routers, multiple segments, wireless versus wired through a smart switch/router ??

Dirk

Comment

Sounds good. I just enabled logging. I'll let you know if it stops working.

As far as firewall goes, when I go to firewall settings, it says it's turned off for both my Private and Public profiles, so it's definitely turned off.

About the network, I have one router with some advanced capabilities (for example, I have a site to site VPN to my office), and I have several switches on the network, and maybe about 50 wireless/wired IP devices. However, everything is on the same subnet and the TV and HomeSeer computer are both wired.

One thing I just did though, is to set a static IP for the TV. Would it matter if the IP changes?

Comment

Sounds good. I just enabled logging. I'll let you know if it stops working.

As far as firewall goes, when I go to firewall settings, it says it's turned off for both my Private and Public profiles, so it's definitely turned off.

About the network, I have one router with some advanced capabilities (for example, I have a site to site VPN to my office), and I have several switches on the network, and maybe about 50 wireless/wired IP devices. However, everything is on the same subnet and the TV and HomeSeer computer are both wired.

One thing I just did though, is to set a static IP for the TV. Would it matter if the IP changes?
            DLNA protocols and the PI can deal with IP @ changes, however, this part of the remote control is just riding on the coattails of DLNA and don't really have anything to do with it, apart from allow the discovery on a LAN to be easy.

When it goes to status off-line, on top of the log, check the config screen and take a screenshot of status of all devices, then click on "View UPNP devices" and also capture that screen shot.

So far, usually when someone loses a device after a few hours or days, in almost all cases the problem was the firewall or Antivirus (it's firewall part) hence my repeated question

Dirk

Comment

how do I get the remote to connect, says
              Activated Online, Unregistered ??
              Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                how do I get the remote to connect, says
                Activated Online, Unregistered ??
                Without more information, your guess is as good as mine

Comment

sorry.. Sony new oled, w/ DVD player
                  both show on plug-in
                  everything activates, but unable to power on / power off
                  what else can I supply in info ??

Thanks
                  Geary

Comment

sorry.. Sony new oled, w/ DVD player
                    both show on plug-in
                    everything activates, but unable to power on / power off
                    what else can I supply in info ??

Thanks
                    Geary
                    Screen shot of config table, screenshot of created HS devices, PI version, OS you run this on, exact version of TV, turn logging on, delete the device, re-add, capture trace, capture screenshots (there must at least be an authentication screen/PIN entry etc), post trace ...........

Comment

everything activates,
                      Did you authenticate? Did you read help file how ?

Comment

detailed info..

Sony 65" OLED, XBR65A1E TV
                        Sony UBP-X1000ES HD DVD

Running Linux

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                          Did you authenticate? Did you read help file how ?
                          probably not .. It said to enter 4 digit number.. looked on TV, where do I find ??

Comment

probably not .. It said to enter 4 digit number.. looked on TV, where do I find ??
                            click on HS web page tools->help->mediacontroller

If you search the forum, there are postings w/ screenshots etc.

Looks like an amazing TV, did notice it is a 2017 model, hope Sony didn't decide to make some changes to activation/authentication etc.

Comment

Tnx..will do

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X