Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable / enable gateway versus disable / enable PI

Hi Beerygaz,

What are the differences between disabling / enabling a gateway and disabling / enabling the PI. I know that when I disable / enable the PI all gateways are disabled and enabled but there should be more differences. As the behavior of the gateway is different.

---
    John

P.S. the latest version is still running smoothly

John, disabling thenplugin will disable all activity and the ability to configure gateways or register devices.

Disabling a gateway keeps the plugin running so you can still do any configuration but all the registered associated with that gateway will no longer be polled and the COM port(if one is used) will be closed.

Essentially disabling an individual gateway offers more granular control than just disabling the whole plugin. Especially for those with multiple gateways.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

I understand. I asked this question because I have a modbus slave that will behave different in both situations after I turned the power off and on of that slave. In case I disable and enable the gateway it will not connect. I have to disable and enable the PI to get it connected. This is repeatable.

---
      John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
        I understand. I asked this question because I have a modbus slave that will behave different in both situations after I turned the power off and on of that slave. In case I disable and enable the gateway it will not connect. I have to disable and enable the PI to get it connected. This is repeatable.

---
        John

I have the exact same issue John. the only way I get the plug in to work and get modbus data is to disable/enable the plugin. did you ever get this issue resolved?

Comment

Working...
        X