This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translating events from HS2 to HS3

A couple of questions about creating HS3 events.

1) I am not sure how to use the "Type" field in HS3. It is a dropdown, with no preset values

2) The IF statement for events only has time related trigger selections from the dropdown (sunrise, sunset, time of day, etc.). A lot of the trigger functions I am used to using in HS2 are not in the dropdown. How do I select a trigger like device state changes?

1. i think its just a category field for you; i don't even use it. if you want to add a value to the dropdown; while editing or creating an event, from the type field, select "enter new type name" then you will get a popup to add your value.

2. look for Insteon Special Triggers in the dropdown for my plugin triggers. For device state change, use "a device value is..."

there is a dedicated sub-forum to events and triggers if you need further help configuring them.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1250
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Where do I find "Insteon Special Triggers"? I have checked all dropdowns on the event page.

Homeseer documentation makes a distinction between a trigger vs a condition, meaning that it is picking up a change from one state to another, versus a continuous check of state every second.

When I use "a device value is...", which of these approaches is used in your plugin?

Comment

are you using my Insteon Plugin? the Special Trigger option will show in the trigger list if you are. my insteon plugin doesn't offer conditions.

if you are currently using the free homeseer insteon plugin, i can't help with that.

a "device value is" trigger is managed by HS. my plugin uses/manages the special triggers as mentioned.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes, I am using your insteon plugin.

I found the special trigger function listed after I checked all devices at top of page.

Thanks again

Comment

Excellent. good luck with it.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X