No announcement yet.

Introducing Z-Tool+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is that it uses find.homeseer.com. Does that work in your phone browser and show your HS Machine (and Z-Net if you have one)?
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      My guess is that it uses find.homeseer.com. Does that work in your phone browser and show your HS Machine (and Z-Net if you have one)?
      Makes sense but it fails the Search there as well. I can ping as well as access HS3 on the port I've assigned it to (both internally, externally and through MyHS), but perhaps they use a different port to Search. I disabled the firewall, etc, so pretty sure it's not being blocked.
      When I have time, I'll crank up wireshark and see if I can figure out what's occurring.

Thanks,
      Z

Comment

It does used find.homeseer.com, so go to that site on your phone and make sure you can see your system.

If so, in HS, make sure JSON is enabled in setup and the setting "no password required for local subnet" is enabled.

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
        Makes sense but it fails the Search there as well. I can ping as well as access HS3 on the port I've assigned it to (both internally, externally and through MyHS), but perhaps they use a different port to Search. I disabled the firewall, etc, so pretty sure it's not being blocked.
        When I have time, I'll crank up wireshark and see if I can figure out what's occurring.

Thanks,
        Z
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          It does used find.homeseer.com, so go to that site on your phone and make sure you can see your system.

If so, in HS, make sure JSON is enabled in setup and the setting "no password required for local subnet" is enabled.
          That's the problem, it doesn't come up with anything when I search, just the header bar.
          JSON is on (Enable control using JSON), and local login without password as well.

How are you actually finding the HS3 system with find? Does the HS3 server phone home or is it located locally on the LAN?

The app was able to find the test RaspPI I had running HS3, so I suspect something local here is blocking access to the primary HS3 server (Did turn off firewall to test as well)

MyHS works as well without any issues.

Thanks,
          Z

UPDATE:
          Another clue is that it (find.homeseer.com) does work on HS3 server, so probably a Server or LAN network issue. Would still like to know the mechanism so I can try to look for it.
          Last edited by vasrc; August 5, 2015, 01:43 PM. Reason: Updated info

Comment

If you can get to find.homeseer.com on the actual unit, then HS3 should be able to access it. It just registers your local IP address so it can be displayed. I have not heard of a system not registering, that is odd.

That's the problem, it doesn't come up with anything when I search, just the header bar.
            JSON is on (Enable control using JSON), and local login without password as well.

How are you actually finding the HS3 system with find? Does the HS3 server phone home or is it located locally on the LAN?

The app was able to find the test RaspPI I had running HS3, so I suspect something local here is blocking access to the primary HS3 server (Did turn off firewall to test as well)

MyHS works as well without any issues.

Thanks,
            Z

UPDATE:
            Another clue is that it (find.homeseer.com) does work on HS3 server, so probably a Server or LAN network issue. Would still like to know the mechanism so I can try to look for it.

Comment

If you can get to find.homeseer.com on the actual unit, then HS3 should be able to access it. It just registers your local IP address so it can be displayed. I have not heard of a system not registering, that is odd.
              How is "it" finding the HS3 IP address on the LAN? Port or service request?
              I'm not running port 80 for the HS3 server if that's an issue.

Z

Comment

How is "it" finding the HS3 IP address on the LAN? Port or service request?
                I'm not running port 80 for the HS3 server if that's an issue.

Z
                OK, I Wiresharked it and:
                I see the HTTP query go out to find.homeseer.com/findhomeseer/default.aspx (209.239.115.225)
                The query contains a cookie with my HS3 license
                The response includes the table header, but there's no link/data returned.

Exactly how does find.homeseer.com determine/return the IP address/Computer name of my HS3 system? Something in my LAN setup seems to be blocking those requests.

Z

BTW, our LAN has a domain, but the HS3 server is NOT part of the domain, albeit on the same LAN.
                Last edited by vasrc; August 6, 2015, 10:17 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Z-TOOL+

I contacted the helpdesk and they said I should go here. I downloaded the app on my phone,and I see my homeseer,I select it and i get a 404 error code . I removed and reinstalled the app ,same thing. I am on my wifi and I have a strong signal. What is going wrong?

Thanks,
                  Jeff

Comment

It just makes a system call to find the PC local IP address. Go to the about screen in HS and it will display the IP address that it thinks HS is on, that will be the same IP address that find.homeseer uses.

The local IP is also displayed in the log when you start HS. I suspect your network setup is confusing our method for determining the local IP. Also, the WAN address from the find.homeseer call must match the WAN address that the is on the find.homeseer web page call. If those addresses do not match, it will not display anything (as it does not know who the request is from).

OK, I Wiresharked it and:
                    I see the HTTP query go out to find.homeseer.com/findhomeseer/default.aspx (209.239.115.225)
                    The query contains a cookie with my HS3 license
                    The response includes the table header, but there's no link/data returned.

Exactly how does find.homeseer.com determine/return the IP address/Computer name of my HS3 system? Something in my LAN setup seems to be blocking those requests.

Z

BTW, our LAN has a domain, but the HS3 server is NOT part of the domain, albeit on the same LAN.

Comment

Did you check:

* Make sure JSON is enabled in the HS setup network tab
                      * Make sure "No password required for local subnet" is enabled in HS setup Network tab
                      * Make sure you are running HS3 version 3.0.0.194 or later and the latest Z-Wave plugin in the updater.

Originally posted by Askewj View Post
                      I contacted the helpdesk and they said I should go here. I downloaded the app on my phone,and I see my homeseer,I select it and i get a 404 error code . I removed and reinstalled the app ,same thing. I am on my wifi and I have a strong signal. What is going wrong?

Thanks,
                      Jeff

Comment

Can I make a suggestion to have an option to set the value of our Homeseer IP in the Z-Tools configuration? It seems find.homeseer.com does not see my Homeseer installation but does see my installed Z-Net.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jpape View Post
                          Can I make a suggestion to have an option to set the value of our Homeseer IP in the Z-Tools configuration? It seems find.homeseer.com does not see my Homeseer installation but does see my installed Z-Net.
                          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Agreed, nice and simple, and probably an easy fix.

Still curious how find.homeseer.com actually works though. Which system call? If something like getHostEntry you still need the host name. There's got to be a port or service being checked, otherwise how does it know which of the systems on the LAN contains the HS3 box..

Z

Comment

Did you check:

* Make sure JSON is enabled in the HS setup network tab
                            * Make sure "No password required for local subnet" is enabled in HS setup Network tab
                            * Make sure you are running HS3 version 3.0.0.194 or later and the latest Z-Wave plugin in the updater.
                            I have downloaded app to my iPad and have all the requirements for it to work , but when I deploy Ztool I only get 2 option. "Add device" and "Remove Device". Is that the only option I should see? I can see the IP in the top portion of the app.
                            Hector
                            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                              I have downloaded app to my iPad and have all the requirements for it to work , but when I deploy Ztool I only get 2 option. "Add device" and "Remove Device". Is that the only option I should see? I can see the IP in the top portion of the app.

On iOS that's it until Apple blesses the enhanced version, which hopefully will be in the next few days.
                              cheeryfool

Comment

Correct, windows phone and Android have the new version with the diagnostics. As of this post, Apple still has not approved the new version. They are really slow right now approving apps, up to 2 weeks. When I get the approval notice, I will post back here.

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                                On iOS that's it until Apple blesses the enhanced version, which hopefully will be in the next few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X