Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak CID?

New to Ultra CID.

Do I have to create an event to speak the CID?

If I base it on: If UltraCID3 Incoming Call: Any

What do I use for the Then action to speak the CID?

What settings should I use for Homeseer phone

The event trigger you use is:

UltraCID3: Incoming Call
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

OK. I have that part of it. What action is used though to speak the cid?

I have a device with the last caller name so I know that it is getting the data, but i don't see how to speak it without writing a script. Seems like it should do it within the plug-in.

Comment

Just have a speak action and say something like: You are receiving a phone call from. $$DTA:UltraCID3-Name:

Comment

I use:

If: UltraCID3: Incoming Caller
          Select Caller: Announce Caller

Then: Speak Something
          Text to be spoken: Incoming call from $$DTA:UltraCID3-Name:

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ok..Thanks.

I haven't gotten into the finer elements of TTS...This will be very helpful

I was looking for the answer in the plug-in docs and didn't think to look elsewhere.

Should this work?
            Text to be spoken: Incoming call from $$DTR135):

I tried it and it didn't work.

Comment

make sure you have the syntax correct.

You should have Text to be spoken: Incoming call from $$DTR:135:
              Attached Files

Comment

If the parenthesis is not required, why is it shown in the help file? Is it explained elsewhere in the help file?

By the way, what is the difference between Code and Address? I thought they were the same.

As I understand it, all devices have a Name and a Reference ID and optionally an address or code in the X10 format. Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
                  If the parenthesis is not required, why is it shown in the help file? Is it explained elsewhere in the help file?

By the way, what is the difference between Code and Address? I thought they were the same.

As I understand it, all devices have a Name and a Reference ID and optionally an address or code in the X10 format. Is this correct?
                  The examples in the second column of the table in the help file show without parentheses. The code is in the x10 format and the address is something different for non x10 devices. As an example, the address for a zwave root device is HomeID-NodeNumber.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Aha - Thanks...I moved another notch up the learning curve...

Comment

Spelling the CID name

I've got it speaking the CID now...sort of...

Instead of speaking the name of the caller it spells it out.

How can I make it speak the name.

Comment

This is how you're supposed to do it. Don't mess with DTR: etc.
                        Attached Files

Comment

OK...Thanks...That works great! I was confused about address, RefID and Code.

Comment

Nice! Now grab CFGuy's Random Phrase plugin and get creative!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great idea. I will check it out.

Do you know if the plug-in allow a different set of phrases depending on the caller?

Comment

Working...
                              X