No announcement yet.

Ring Pro and BLRing plug-in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. The base functionality seems to be working now! I have correct virtual devices created for my door bells and chimes. I noticed two things in the 'activity' tab of the configuration.

Door bell #2 has an entry that simply has date/time/chevron to video. All the other entries on my other door bell's say 'Motion' above it but this was a ring. Is it intentional the 'Ring' header is missing on the entry (e.g. do you only put the type of event if it is Motion?)

The chevron to view the video doesn't appear to work. One time a drop area presented it self, but no content. All the other clicks just have no result. Anything I can do to help debug that?

Comment

Oh I see the issue . You are embedding links to the video in the page with the auth token. By the time the user views the activity page those tokens are most likely expired. I think you'll need to generate those links on demand in jscript or proxy the data through the plugin (probably easiest).

Comment

OK I will take a look at that
        Thanks
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
          Hi. The base functionality seems to be working now! I have correct virtual devices created for my door bells and chimes. I noticed two things in the 'activity' tab of the configuration.

Door bell #2 has an entry that simply has date/time/chevron to video. All the other entries on my other door bell's say 'Motion' above it but this was a ring. Is it intentional the 'Ring' header is missing on the entry (e.g. do you only put the type of event if it is Motion?)

The chevron to view the video doesn't appear to work. One time a drop area presented it self, but no content. All the other clicks just have no result. Anything I can do to help debug that?
          I just installed my Ring Pro today and (not surprisingly) I am seeing the same behaviour. Let us know if we can test anything Bob. Cheers
          cheeryfool

Comment

cheeryfool

Comment

I'm experiencing the same issue with my Ring Pro and triggering events in HS3

Comment

cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  Shoot me an email (blade9123 at gmail dot com)
                  It is Thanksgiving weekend here but I will try and zip it up this weekend and give you a link to it so you can play around with it
                  I recently installed a Ring Elite and have a Ring Pro sitting around. So I have a vested interest to help debug or help code. Let me know if I can pitch in and if so, how.

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Any feedback on this?

Comment

It would be interesting to see if there is a solution. I am getting my notifications really delayed from the actual event. IFTTT is sending me alerts delayed as well, but much quicker than via the plugin. . .(interval set to 5 seconds). . .lag has been between 25 minutes and hours. . .

Comment

I always had ifttt come in minutes after so I just stopped using it for ring

Comment

Originally posted by phareous View Post
                          I always had ifttt come in minutes after so I just stopped using it for ring
                          Interesting. . .much more delayed with the plugin than with ifttt, but at least the delayed email actually has the original trigger time. . .

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                            Interesting. . .much more delayed with the plugin than with ifttt, but at least the delayed email actually has the original trigger time. . .
                            I disabled all alerts. . .I haven't found a method that reports motion or ring fast enough that would be actionable. (Only Ring push notifications are quick).

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                              I disabled all alerts. . .I haven't found a method that reports motion or ring fast enough that would be actionable. (Only Ring push notifications are quick).
                              Me too. Thought Ring would add to my Ha experience. It was better when I had my Elk doorbell detector (which stopped working with the higher ring voltage on wire for charging Ring).

Comment

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
                                Me too. Thought Ring would add to my Ha experience. It was better when I had my Elk doorbell detector (which stopped working with the higher ring voltage on wire for charging Ring).
                                Oh I had this on my list to install. I had it on there originally but took it off when I was troubleshooting my doorbell constantly humming. It turned out to need a new transformer and had nothing to do with the Elk I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X