Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modbus Fronius Inverter

Hi
    I just discover this plugin and discover my Solar array inverter use modbus also.
    I wounder how to setup the devices to get data from the inverter.
    I want AC power value to load in to hs3

I attach a link to a pfd with data about the inverter.
    look at page 92 the function register starts there
    https://www.fronius.com/~/downloads/..._0410_2049.pdf

If anyone can tell me what setting I should set.
    I usen modbus over tcp/ip
    Attached Files

That setting looks pretty good. I would disable the "signed value" check-box. Is the solar controller set to slave ID 2?
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Slave ID what are that?

Comment

Daren, just to confirm, do you have a modbus/ip gateway in place and you are connecting your controller via rs485 to the gateway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Setting page
          this setting have I to play with
          In the plugin I did the connection test and it pass
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Daarn; July 25, 2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Comment

My suggestion would be to use a command-line tool such as modscan to ensure connectivity and then configure the plugin once you're getting reliable data from modscan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thx for the tips. I use modscan and didnt get any data.

Comment

Comment

This suggests you're trying to read an input register (function code 0x04) and the device you are trying to read from does not support that.

From looking at your documentation, you need to read holding registers (function code 0x03), not input registers (0x04). Try changing the device in HS3 from an input register to a holding register and check the "read only" check box.

Comment

Comment

Comment

when I set the inverter in demomode in modbus setting then I get readings from it but when I turn off demomode then I getting errors

Comment

Some devices wont accept the full register address of 40092 which by definition is in the Read Holding Register range. Try it with just Reg 92.

Comment

Hi, Did you ever get the plugin to read the Register? if so what setings and Registers did you read to get tit to work?
                              thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X