Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touchscreen LCD control of http interface

Folks,

I have seen much mention of the Audrey, and I was wondering if that is the only platform for a touchscreen web terminal. I would like to have something with at least 800x600 display (Audrey only has 640x480... bleh!). Please include links to your sources. Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated!

=
    =
    = Michael Oliver
    =
    =

The Fujitsu 510 has a 10" touchscreen with 800x600, but running an AMD586.

Info
    Store
    Forum

Comment

If I'm reading this correctly (which I hope I am) these pen tablets are only $140 a peice, and are 100MHz, plus they have PCMCIA. What wouldn't make this the perfect PORTABLE, WIRELESS device for controlling HomeSeer?

Comment

Does anyone know any more about this? This looks too good to be true. It looks like these would be the perfect touchscreens.

Comment

Thery're real (I just pinched myself, no dreaming!). Look all over eBay, they seem to have them too, but the company with the link above seems to have a great guarantee/ return policy. If you look at the forum provided above, in one of the threads a person is getting group pricing of $85. Might be something worth looking at. Personally, I'd rather pay $135 and know exactly who I'm dealing with. Anyway, everyone, save one for me OK? I probably won't be purchasing until tomorrow, so they better still be in stock [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] !

I just was thinking of all the things you can do with this. Obviously, you can view the HS page with a wireless PCMCIA network card, but you can also play MP3s (yes, it's fast enough), possibly use the built-in IrDA for device control, or even program that into the HS page. WOW! is right.. and only for $150, seriously guys, there better still be one left tomorrow!

Later
          Dan

Comment

OK, here's thelink to Fujitsu to find out more about it:
            http://www.fujitsupc.com/www/support...ntabs/Point510

Comment

It just might be my next HA purchase, especially for about the price of two decent switches. This would be ideal, it seems, for a home control terminal in our kitchen. The WAF seems pretty high and it looks pretty easy to integrate. I'm anxious to read more of your experiences when you more-seasoned HS users get yours.

Ross

Comment

Looks nice and very cheap. I remember trying to get an HS interface working for the Epods, and becomming frustrated by the update rate because of the slow CPU. You might find the same thing here.

Might I suggest moving this discussion to the Touchscreen forum in the General section?

Comment

What does "resistive tablet" mean in the specs? Anyone know if you can use your finger, or is the stylus needed on the screen? Looks like an easier shape to mount in the wall than the Audrey.

--David

Comment

I have a Fujitsu Stylistic 500, and it will only work with the pen (NO FINGER) I've purchased several Audreys, and am much happier with it. I can't speak on behave of all Fujitsu products, but mine only works with the pen.

Joe
                    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Re-reading my previous post, I ment I'm much happier with the Audreys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I've read that these things will work with a finger touch, but it has to be fairly sharp i.e. finger nail rather than the pad of your finger. I have a CF-01 which has the same type of touch screen and I found it a bit annoying at first but once you get used to it it's fine.

Resistive is the way the touchscreen works - i.e. it measures the resistance across the screen to determine where the stylus/finger is on the screen. There are other types of touchscreen, some of which will only work with the stylus, and I guess the Stylistic must be one of them. Does the Stylistic's stylus take batteries?

Something I've noticed when reading the specs is that the screen only displays 256 colours. Probably not a problem for HomeSeer use, but it might make photos or graphics with lots of colour look a bit blocky.

(I've got 2 on order :-)

--Steve

Comment

The Stylistic's series do take batteries, I can't speak for the other lines, but the stylistic 500 only works with the stylus.
                          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

I did a little resarch to find the answer to this.

This article old, but describes the point 510, it does let you use your finger, talks about passive vs active. The stylistic uses active, can sence where the pen is without touching the screen, the point uses passive, must touch the screen to move the curson

http://pencomputing.com/features/fujitsus.html
                            Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

I'm just getting into the touch-pad thing, so pardon me if these are old stupid questions.

I ordered a 510 and I plan on going the 802.11 route so it can be my "roaming controller" for HS and some other things. The HS side of it appears to be covered via HS's own web server and the other options out there. What I was wondering about was decent remote control of my WinAmp jukebox server.

I've been playing with a couple of "WinAmp Remote LAN Controllers" over the last few days, including SnowCrash and Patrick Martin's Winamp Remote Control Suite. Both of these solutions appear to be a bit "clunky". Are there other options out there that people have had good success with?

Thanks!

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X