Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New AAG connection and a couple of errors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New AAG connection and a couple of errors?

I just connected my new AAG weather instrument 3.0 - After a bit of tweaking I got it running. Now my log is flooded with:
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    1/25/2004 8:10:00 PM~!~Send X10 from ext interface~!~`34 off dim: 0 extra: 0
    1/25/2004 8:10:00 PM~!~high_wind~!~03 MPH from
    1/25/2004 8:10:57 PM~!~Send X10 from ext interface~!~`34 off dim: 0 extra: 0
    </pre>

the '34 device is my Wind Speed device. The high_wind error shows with ANY wind change.

I am running MCS Temp 4.16.3

What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

Scott

Look on the setup for a wind speed threshold on the Devices setup tab. A reading over this value will generate the X10 message with the intent of it being used to trigger an event. The code segment is shown below with device being `34 in your case. Once turned on then it should not repeat until the wind speed goes below the threshold. A continuous stream should only occur if the wind is at the threshold or the device status is being lost.

The high wind is just an info message, not an error. I dont have a high wind device defined and dont know of anyone who is using it.

If CInt(xvalue) &gt;= iWindOn Then
    If Not hs.IsOn(device) Then
    hs.ExecX10 device, "on"
    End If
    Else
    If Not hs.IsOff(device) Then
    hs.ExecX10 device, "off"
    End If
    End If

</pre>

Comment

I checked this out, but it still does not explain the thousands of
      </pre>
      in my log file and how to get rid of them... Also I understand what you are saying about the high wind warning, but it was set to the default device of '50 and nothing happened with that device, in fact it was never created. I have changed the threshold to something above 5 mph to see if that helps.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Now that I reconnected my AAG my log is flooded with these still:
        1/30/2004 4:46:11 PM~!~Send X10 from ext interface~!~`34 off dim: 0 extra: 0
        1/30/2004 4:47:11 PM~!~Send X10 from ext interface~!~`34 off dim: 0 extra: 0
        1/30/2004 4:48:11 PM~!~Send X10 from ext interface~!~`34 off dim: 0 extra: 0

</pre>

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

I posted the code segment above. You can see that the OFF is generated whenever the threshold is not reached and the device does not already have an OFF status. The question then becomes why after giving an ExecX10 command to set the device OFF, the device is not turned off.

What version of HS are you running?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael McSharry:

What version of HS are you running?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am running 1.6.182.

I am stumped as I have the 'Wind On' set to 30 and my high wind device is set as '39 - device '34 is my Wind Speed. It updates with that message every update from my temp08, and it writes the message no matter what the wind speed is.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Note that it is sending an OFF command to the device, because the current state of the device is not OFF. If it exceeds the threshold, then it will send an ON.

You can confirm this behavior with a little script that checks the current status (hs.DeviceStatus("'34")) and tries to change it.

Like I indicated before the question is why the device status is never returned as OFF. I do not experience any problem like this with my wind device, so not too much I can do to help you with yours.

You could also try to set the status to off using hs.SetDeviceStatus "'34",3. You also can disable logging for the device, but that is just a mask rather than a solution. I'm running HS 174.

Comment

You say there is nothing you can do, yet this device was created directly by your plug-in, and I cannot turn it off without heading into scripting land. There is no on/off option for this device. Also I have lowered the threshold and it never sent an on to the device, just the same off...

I think this is an obvious bug as how many times does it take for a device to get set to off? Mine is getting set off once every single minute. I do know that I can set it any more off than that.

Yhis is getting really frustrating, especially since it is out of my control.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

What did you learn by evaluating that device by script as I suggested before? You can see the logic contained within the plugin that I posted above. If will continue to set it to OFF as long as homeseer reports that the device is not OFF.

The answer you still need to find is why every time the device is updated by the plugin's wind speed logic the status of the device is not OFF. Is is ON=2, Undefined=17, or something else? Is there something else you have running that changes it from OFF after the plugin sets it to OFF? Is this device being used by two different sensors? All this investigative work needs to be done by you since the problem shows up on your computer. The problem does not show up on mine and nobody else has reported a situation such as this.

If there is a problem with how the plugin manages a device status, then I will fix it. You can see the technique I use to both set the device and check the status of the device. If these are not correct then let me know how I should do it.

If you look at the properties of the device you will see that it is setup to be status only. If the status only property is set then it is not controllable by the GUI. Control will need to be from a script. To do the investigation, the GUI will be of no value even if the status-only property is not set since all you see from the GUI is the text string. The string does not contain the status information.

Comment

I am frusturated because I am not using "'34" for anything else and it was auto-created by the plug-in.

I checked the following:
                      hs.devicevalue("`34") = 15
                      hs.devicestatus("`34")= 3
                      hs.ison("`34") = false
                      hs.isoff("`34") = true
                      </pre>
                      I then ran this command directly in the script window:
                      &hs.setdevicestatus "`34",3:msgbox hs.isoff("`34")
                      and received a TRUE.

I have deleted the device and let the plug-in recreate it and I get the same results.

I do not know what this means. I do no that it is not working correctly, as I left the status to off and the plug-in is still trying to set it off.

Thanks,

Scott

(EDITED: to fix results from ` instead of ')

[This message was edited by sbessel on Tue, 03 February 2004 at 12:40 AM.]

Comment

One thing I have noticed is I just added a couple of Tempurature triggers in events and now my HS system comes to a screaching halt every few seconds. I am not sure if these are related. By my system is no slouch and it should not be this easily stopped.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Working...
                        X