X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad and Fanlinc malfunction from HS device view

Setup:
    I have a 6 button Keypad that controls a Fanlinc as follows: Fan High(Btn3), Fan Medium(Btn4), Fan low (Btn5), and Fan off (Btn6). The Insteon plugin links in the Keypad are correct and "Sync linked responder devices" is checked. Everything works as expected when operated from the keypad. For example Btn5 turns off other keypad button lights and the fan comes on at low speed.

Problem:
    Problems occur if I activate a button like Fan low from the HS device view or voice command. First I see the Fan low (Btn5) light up, but Fan off (Btn6) does not turn off. Also the fan always comes on at high speed (Happens no matter what speed is selected). Judging from your response here you support this functionality. I have 5 fanlinc/keypad pairs in my setup with same issue, which reduces the chance of a typo or communication issue. Perhaps an alternative is to use groups, but that adds a lot of clutter, confusion, and work.

Debug:
    Attached is the detailed HS log from both the direct keypad "Fan low" press (works) and the indirect HS view "Fan low" press (broken). The logs seem to indicate the correct actions are being taken in both cases. In the direct keypad case a value of 33 is written to the Fanlic, whereas for the HS btn the new value is not logged (Perhaps it is incorrectly 100). I am using the Insteon 2245-222 for which direct logs are not available.

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Insteon plugin v3.0.6.0
    Attached Files

please try the latest beta. i did some work on KPL button syncing which might fix this issue

the beta is available in the Beta section of the Updater
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Works better but fanlinc speed is still stuck high

I have updated to Insteon plugin v3.0.6.30. The keypad buttons now properly act like radio buttons (Only 1 active) - Thanks. However the fanlinc speed is still always high (Value=100), no mater which keypad/fanlinc speed selected. The log line below are for low speed selection and reveal that the HS device button press is setting the fanlinc value=100 (High). Also shown below is a direct button press log entry, which correctly sets the fanlinc value=33. The complete direct and HS log files for the low speed press are attached.

If possible a fix would be highly appreciated. I have a lot of keypad/fanlinc devices and the high fan speed is like a small hurricane.

Also the Insteon beta version brings up a persistent CMD window upon each boot with the following text. If I close the window it will come back when I refresh the Insteon configuration web page.

Persistent windows CMD prompt
      Plugin: Insteon Instance: starting...
      Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
      Connected, waiting to be initialized...

HS device low-speed button log entry (Broken):
      Insteon Setting value for device 47.68.75:2. Old Value:0, New Value: 100

Direct Keypad low-speed button log entry (Works):
      Insteon Setting status and value for device 47.68.75:2. Old status:0 Old Value:0, New Status:4 New Value:33

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
      Insteon plugin v3.0.6.0.30

Thanks,
      aidesigner
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the feedback. i'll look into the fan speed issue you pointed out
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I just posted 3.0.6.31 which i think fixes the fanlinc/kpl btn issue you mentioned. please install, test and report back here.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It works

Alright, it works - thanks.

The Insteon plugin still launches the persistent windows CMD window below. Is this just a side effect of using a beta plugin?

Comment

can you check to see if the you have the Developer mode option checked on the manage plugin page
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks, the developer mode setting was the issue.

Comment

i posted 3.0.6.32 in the beta section of the Updater. Please give it a try and confirm the kpl to fanlinc still works as expected.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes version 3.0.6.32 is working fine...

Comment

Originally posted by aidesigner View Post
                      Yes version 3.0.6.32 is working fine...
                      thanks again for reporting back. this same functionality should work between kpl btns and switchlincs, etc.

regarding the fanlinc, if you control the fanlinc for the fanlinc hs devices, they will not update the kpl devices. This is because the fanlinc is a responder only so there are no controller links for the plugin to update the kpl based on changes the fanlinc directly.

you might be able to use the new 'linked' hs2 feature which appears at the bottom of each hs device page, but i will have to defer you to the hs3 forum if you have issue with this feature (its not mine).
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks for the additional information about Fanlinc responder, but it is not a concern. Even if it worked well, controlling a fan with both Keypad and Fanlinc just adds confusion and redundant buttons. I think the Fanlinc should secretly control the fan, and I hide it from both HS device list/Alexa. Just like a Switchlinc controls a light, I conceptually consider the keypad controls the fan. In this regard your plugin is working perfectly

Comment

thanks again for you help testing and providing feedback.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X