Newbie HomeSeer looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flamez View Post
    What would be the best way to pair these devices since they are already mounted to the doors and ceiling. I have the Z-Net box and i take it needs to be near each device to sync up with them.
    Because I personally don't have those devices I don't know how to put them in pair mode but you would go to the Z-Wave plugin, controller management, select your Z-Net and for an action select remove a node. Then you press whatever buttons or what not that you did to pair the devices with SmartThings. HomeSeer will exclude the device from SmartThings for you. Then you repeat the process but select add a node instead. Bang! You're now up and running with HS! Because of how capable HS is it may take a little while for folks to figure out how it works so if you have any questions at all, and there are no stupid questions, just ask here and you will be sure to get your answer in short order. Once you get a feel for how it all works navigating HS will become second nature.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      Because I personally don't have those devices I don't know how to put them in pair mode but you would go to the Z-Wave plugin, controller management, select your Z-Net and for an action select remove a node. Then you press whatever buttons or what not that you did to pair the devices with SmartThings. HomeSeer will exclude the device from SmartThings for you. Then you repeat the process but select add a node instead. Bang! You're now up and running with HS! Because of how capable HS is it may take a little while for folks to figure out how it works so if you have any questions at all, and there are no stupid questions, just ask here and you will be sure to get your answer in short order. Once you get a feel for how it all works navigating HS will become second nature.
      Does the Z-NET box have to be close to each zwave device to pair it? If so how close? I have these devices mounted up my doors.

Thank you

Comment

Probably not. The range of the Z-Net is unparalleled. But you never know. I'm not sure how far away they are. Try it as is and move the Z-net if needed.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

GoControl WNK01-21KIT Essential Z-Wave Home Security Suite

I have had GREAT luck with the GoControl WNK01-21KIT Essential Z-Wave Home Security Suite. When Home Depot stopped selling them, they went on sale for $20. I bought 7 boxes. Our home is wide. Roughly 80' from Zwave to Zwave. About 50 feet from our ZNet located on the 2nd floor. Using the motion sensors to turn on and off lights on both ends of the home, garage and game room. Always work. Using the door/window sensors all around the house. Never had one fail or not fire yet. They are fast. Fire with in a second.

The ONLY issue I have with them are the batteries. The last forever but are sometimes hard to find. CR123A Lithium. $3-5 each locally. Cheaper at Amazon.

Resetting it back to factory is fairly easy. Pressing and releasing the tamper switch for a few seconds.

Comment

Just an FYI on the CR123A batteries. I get them at this site and they last a long long time. A descent brand.

https://www.batteryjunction.com/tpen-tcr123a-.html

Comment

Working...
            X