mystery start-up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mystery start-up...

mike, my system started today at an odd time... ran thru its program fine... but there was nothing in the HS log to indicate anything that would have triggered it. started 3 hours and a few minutes later than usual. thoughts on how to troubleshoot?
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

If you are having any issues then run with the General Debug enabled from the Other Page at the bottom. A new file is created in \data\mcsSprinklers with name ???General???.txt for each HS restart or each new day. Old ones can be deleted but when misbehavior occurs then there will be evidence of why.

Comment

Michael, I help GFS out from time to time. I zipped the files, if you could look at them - I am not sure what to look for. The one from the 27th ran 3hrs late @ 6am and the one from the 29th ran when it was raining - set for 70%.

thanks,
      Attached Files
      -Skybolt

Comment

I looked at the earlier file where you reported delayed start and did confirm that there was a global inhibit active until 6:04AM. This inhibit started before the start of the file. The second one shows a global inhibit comming active

Sprinklers now inhibited due to: Inhibit Rain Forecast Future Days

I suspect this is the same reason the first one was delayed. It is likely that the forecast update occurred at the 6 AM and the rain was no longer in the forecast so the inhibit was lifted and the cycle started.

Comment

ok but i didnt set any inhibit, so how do i prevent this? thanks
          HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

On the last mcsSprinklers.ini that skybolt posted you have setting in the Restrictions Page for inhibits if 75% probability within the next day and when over 0.02 inches the prior day. Check this page and confrim that you did remove these checkbox settings.

Comment

ok but i have had those for a year and this was the only time it was different. i dont want to water if more than 75% chance of rain, or if it rained the day before. thats what i like about mcs... can save water.

Comment

The behavior is a function of the quality of the forecast that is being downloaded. Weather models change so forecasts change. A false alarm every once in awhile should not be a big deal. If it persists then you need a meterologist that does not party as much. The hourly precipitation forecast is retained in the mcsSprinklers.mdb file. I do not recall it I made is easly visible for charting on the UI, but it can be viewed from the database.

Comment

When I was testing with our .ini file I saw that the NWS download did not provide a full five day forecast from your location. This caused an XML parsing problem and was corrected in V2.9.0.15.

Comment

this just happened again yesterday -- went on at same wrong time, 6:04pm, and in the rain. What can we do?> thanks

Comment

You can provide the scheduling information in the debug log to understand the rationale why the zones turned on.

Comment

Hi Mike... I have Georges Debug files here from today when the sprinklers came on at a seemingly random time while it was raining. Maybe this can clue us into whats going on.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yesterday's file had no valve action.
                          Today's should a forecast inhibit until the 6 PM weather update and that forecast cleared and the scheduled activity for the day started.
                          I see the setup for restrictions has inhibits set for rain occured in past 1 day and if probabilty of rain is 75% within the next day.
                          There are no inhibits set for rain on the current day.
                          The current day rain is being downloaded from Hommocks MS via AWS.
                          To prevent irrigation on the days when it is raining set the checkbox on the Restrictions Page for current day inhibit with some low level for the threshold.
                          You should also look at the calendar for status code 68 from the General Status page to confirm that Hommocks MS is actually reporting rainfall. Some sites do not and some have poor reliability.

Comment

will do. note this is the third time this has happened at the exact same time of day and on a day it was raining... so how do i make sure it doesnt happen anymore? check the box for no water on rain day and switch the weather reporting site?

Comment

ok i changed the inhibit. should i be using a different weather service? i dont know the reliability oif the local school... what about weather.com or something? what do most people use. this has been pretty reliable for a long time... but obviously not always

Comment

Working...
                              X