This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Event

I have a mystery on my hands that I can't find. Every Wednesday at 2:40PM I get an event run. I know what the event is and it's a manual event that is only called on Sunday mornings. A quick speaking event to remind me to make coffee. It's called from my Sunday morning alarm.

I've looked at the event and it goes off on Sunday mornings as it's supposed to.

I can find nothing else running that could possibly call this event. It's set to manual, there are no conditions, no other events that call it and no other events that are running on Wednesdays at 2:40PM.

I have no idea how it could be getting run or by what. It just goes off every Wednesday. I've searched, I've looked at everything that could possibly call it, nothing. I'm at a loss here.

Has anyone ever seen something like this?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

If you cant readily see if there are other events calling it, delete it and re-add it.
    It should be assigned a new event id in the database.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

What I've done for now is to create another event that takes it's place with a different name. So now i have a manual event that is called by nothing. I'm curious to see if it plays again next Wednesday.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Could it be that another event calls this event but with a deferred execution?
        Nicolai L

Comment

Anything is possible but I've been through everything and there is only one event that calls the manual event in question. It runs once a week and never on Wednesdays. It's been a real mystery to me. I have gone in and made a new event to do what I want and taken the mystery event out of the loop. I'm really curious now if it'll trigger again next Wednesday, now that it's a manual event that nothing calls. We'll see!
          Marty
          ------

Comment

Wait a minute... you need to be reminded to make coffee?????
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

hehe, you've been talking to my wife I see.

We have the constant battle of who's turn it is and who "really" woke up first!

I can get HS to turn the pot on and off but so far haven't figured out how to get it to put fresh grounds and water in. Now there's a product I'd buy.
              Marty
              ------

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                I can get HS to turn the pot on and off but so far haven't figured out how to get it to put fresh grounds and water in. Now there's a product I'd buy.
                After you figure that out, can you make it brush my teeth too?

Comment

Originally posted by pete@malibubeach.com View Post
                  After you figure that out, can you make it brush my teeth too?
                  Wouldn't that be part of the ultrasonic shower I saw in the Jetsons, isn't someone working on that yet?
                  Marty
                  ------

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                    Anything is possible but I've been through everything and there is only one event that calls the manual event in question. It runs once a week and never on Wednesdays. It's been a real mystery to me. I have gone in and made a new event to do what I want and taken the mystery event out of the loop. I'm really curious now if it'll trigger again next Wednesday, now that it's a manual event that nothing calls. We'll see!
                    You might also want to check the logs for errors to see if you have anything else trying to call the old event that you have deleted.
                    Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                      You might also want to check the logs for errors to see if you have anything else trying to call the old event that you have deleted.
                      I'll be checking the logs more carefully than usual, especially this coming Wednesday.
                      Marty
                      ------

Comment

Working...
                      X