Restore your Zee SD Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restore your Zee SD Card

There may be times when you might want to restore your Zee to factory defaults. We did not include a system restore on the Zee but it is not difficult to restore the system. The Zee uses an SD Card. If you have a PC with an SD card reader you can re-write the SD card with the original image. You can also back up your SD card if desired. This image requires an SD card greater than 8GBs in size.

To restore your SD card to the original image:

(NOTE: This procedure totally reformats your SD Card. all data will be lost!. If you have a HomeSeer configuration you want to save, go into Setup and select the backup option)
    1. Download the Windows imaging application from here:
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
    2. Remove the SD card from your Zee (remove the 4 screws on the bottom of the unit)
    3. Download the Zee image from here:
      www.homeseer.com/support/HomeSeer-Zee_Pi.zip
    4. Insert the SD card into your PC's SD card reader, it should show up a new driver letter, note the driver letter it is using.
    5. Launch the imager program and select the driver letter of your SD card, select the image file you downloaded, then select the write option to save the image to the SD card.

If you want to backup or copy your current SD card, insert the SD card into your PC, launch the imager program, select the driver the card is on, then choose the Read option to read your SD card and save it to an image file. You can then use this file to create another SD card if desired.

You can always order another SD card from HomeSeer if needed.

FAQ:

Q) Can I use my own SD Card?
    A) Yes, we have picked the most reliable SD card we could find for the Zee, but any SD card 8GB or larger should work. Some SD cards are not as reliable as others and could cause issues.

Q) Can I put in a larger SD card?
    A) Yes. After you save the image to the card, it will only use 8GB on the card. Log in with SSH and at the command line enter:
    sudo raspi-config

Select the first option to expand the file system to the full size of your SD card.
    Last edited by jseer; March 3, 2015, 03:08 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Try this:

1 - SSH to Zee and go to Top; write down the mono process and kill it.
    2 - cd /usr/local/HomeSeer/config
    3 - nano settings.ini such that it looks like this:

gWebSvrPort=80
    last_event_time=2014-4-24-10-58-0
    gLastRunVersion=3.0.0.83
    gLocationTimeZone=America/New_York
    COMPort_X10:=/dev/ttyUSB1
    instance_interfaces=
    groupPhysical=True
    gLogEnabled=True
    gEmailUseGmail=True
    gGmailUser=
    gGmailPass=
    io_interfaces=HSTouch Server:
    gWebSvrPort=80
    last_event_time=2014-4-24-10-58-0
    gLastRunVersion=3.0.0.83
    gLocationTimeZone=America/New_York
    COMPort_X10:
    instance_interfaces=
    groupPhysical=True
    gLogEnabled=True
    gEmailUseGmail=True
    gGmailUser=
    gGmailPass=
    io_interfaces=
    Not sure if that will work.

Here I wrote a new image to a 16Gb card initially expanding the image from the stock 8Gb to 16Gb.

My first boot of the Zee was very slow until I registered it and used Chrome instead of Firefox.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

If it's a zee, that 'page refreshing' is an indication that mono has crashed.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Found the problem, if you set a valid port on the zwave plugin, then remove that port with the plugin still set to that port, the x10 plugin causes an exception and takes down HS. We will have a fix shortly.

The fix Pete posted will work, this removes the COM port setting so it will start up ok.

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        If it's a zee, that 'page refreshing' is an indication that mono has crashed.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Is there a SD card image program that works on the new win 8.1 64 bit os?

Comment

Win32DiskImage, USB Image tool and WinImage works.

You can write the image to anything, shrink it down to anything the copy the partition data from one device to another device using GParted in Linux.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

When i put the SD into the PC. Start the Win32 Disk Image. Start it and chose the image on the card and then read i get "image file cannot be located on target device" what?

I just want to backup whats on it now. before i proceed with a factory reset.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by U5tabil; March 14, 2015, 04:43 AM.
              Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

You don't chose the card, it is asking for a file name to save the card image to on your PC.
                Steve

Comment

Working...
                X