Odd messages from GoControl Garage Door Opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd messages from GoControl Garage Door Opener

I have a GoControl garage door opener that has been working flawlessly for a couple of years now. Recently I've been finding that the messages are getting a bit messed up now, along the lines of:

I don't *think* there's a battery issue because the door sensor is operating just fine - as in, when the door opens and closes, I get the correct messages about door opening and closing, every time. Status is always correct.

Any ideas as to what I'm seeing?

regards,

Paul

I have seen this with my IRIS version. I unplugged the power, waited 10 sec or so and plugged it back in. You should hear a beep from controller. Then I recycled the garage door manually up and back down and it corrected itself.

Comment

I've seen the battery control message but never the others, I have the same controller. I changed the battery (CR2032) in the little sensor that attaches to the garage door and it fixed all the warnings.

Comment

yeah I wouldn't have thought it was the battery given the type of message and given that operationally it isn't missing. But you never know with this stuff.

I'll start by power cycling the box, and if that doesn't fix it I'll swap out the battery and see what happens.....

Comment

GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door

I have the Iris GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door and was wondering how you got it working with homeseer? I currently have it working with my SmartThings hub but i am hoping to learn about homeseer so i can get away from SmartThings.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Flamez View Post
            I have the Iris GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door and was wondering how you got it working with homeseer? I currently have it working with my SmartThings hub but i am hoping to learn about homeseer so i can get away from SmartThings.
            Thanks
            I discovered that the IRIS version is made by GoControl and that the unit was labeled under the IRIS name. Mine works great with HS and have had no problems except for what I posted before about occasionally and I think it is related to voltage spikes that it needs to be power cycled. Mine very rarely needs to be power cycled.

Comment

Similar messages

I have two of them at our rent house. It usually is an issue with the battery, but I believe it has been caused a few times by a power outage. It sometimes doesn't reconnect to the internet and I have to recycle it. The power goes out a LOT in that neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                I have seen this with my IRIS version. I unplugged the power, waited 10 sec or so and plugged it back in. You should hear a beep from controller. Then I recycled the garage door manually up and back down and it corrected itself.
                Indeed, unplugging and plugging it back in does appear to have resolved it. Many thanks!

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Flamez View Post
                  Thanks
                  It should work well with Homeseer - just add the device to HS as you would add any other device and it will automatically setup the appropriate pieces for you.....

Comment

Working...
                  X