Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oomi door sensor not reporting open/close (not including properly?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oomi door sensor not reporting open/close (not including properly?)

I little while ago I bought a Aeotec Zwave+ door sensor 6. That included fine and it works. Its nice as its rechargeable. I now bought 2 Oomi door sensors. They look identical to the Aeotec, I thought they were a cheaper knock off. They included fine into my system, but they do not work. All child devices have been created, but when i open/close the contact, all that happens is the time stamp on the root device changes. But its always stuck on open. Battery reporting works as well, just not the open/close reporting. I have tried excluding/including multiple times, secure as well as non secure. I was on zwave .208 beta, but I did also go back to .190, still no joy.
    Has anybody had any luck with them ? I think they are chinese, they come up as Fantem Notification Sensor on inclusion.

This is the Aeotec:

https://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-aeo...-sensor-6-gen5

This is the problem Oomi:

https://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-plu...-window-sensor
    Last edited by mikee123; April 18, 2018, 02:02 AM.

mikee123
    Hey Mikee...
    did you ever get your oomi to work,,,
    I went to purchase another Aeotec motion sensor as my first Aeotec sensor works very well..my supplier run out and offered me the oomi instead, it looked the same, but I cannot change any of the parameters, it reverts back to default and the motion is hit and miss ..at best

Comment

No. Even though they look the same, they must have different electronics or software, which is not compatible with HS3. That was my conclusion. I have found other cheap door sensors which work perfectly. These are Neo door sensors, they are cheap chinese ones. Dont know about other sensors they do, but the door sensors work great for me and are Zwave plus

Comment

cheers...
        will be sending back...
        thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X