No announcement yet.

Google Home not linking now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone that reached out to HS support gotten a respond on this matter? It's Monday so they should be back at work. Hopefully this get fixed soon.

Comment

I have an open ticket since last week. No response yet from HS.

Comment

I contacted support yesterday, and received this response this morning:

"Just before the weekend started, we noticed that there was an issue with the Google Home integration, which our engineers have been working on. Are you able to link your system with the Google Home at this time? "

Comment

I hope this get fixed ASAP. Wish I found this thread before asking GH to sync my devices. That's what triggered it to lose its sync. So if yours is still working, don't mess with it until this gets resolved.

Comment

Guys mine just successfully linked again. Suggest you try yours.

Comment

Yup it's back - I was also just able to link successfully. Guess we will eventually hear what the problem was.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Yup it's back - I was also just able to link successfully. Guess we will eventually hear what the problem was.

Regards,
                Yep everything works. It actually works better than before now that thinking works great and the ability to control locks

Comment

Mine's back too, and I did device sync an hour or so after re-linking and it didn't break anything...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is broken again. Am I the only one this time around? Same symptoms as before I'd launch GH go trough MyHS registration and execution process and even report briefly that HS3 devices were linked and nothing when finished. Zero devices.

Comment

I just tested my Google Home connection - everything is working fine....knock on wood.
                      Hope you get it solved quickly and painlessly.

Comment

Working is one thing, getting it linked is another. Mine was working as well until I decided to un-link it so that I link it again to update as I have added several new devices. I'm stuck now unable to link HS3 to GH.
                        Did hard reset of the GH device as well as re-boot of HS3. No luck so far.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
                          Working is one thing, getting it linked is another. Mine was working as well until I decided to un-link it so that I link it again to update as I have added several new devices. I'm stuck now unable to link HS3 to GH.
                          Did hard reset of the GH device as well as re-boot of HS3. No luck so far.
                          If you turn off all voice commands and then enable only a couple of lights does it link?
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Resolved partially now with a help from Matt and Rupp from HomeSeer.

Apparently GH "doesn't like" certain devices. That's fine. What is not so good is that a) it doesn't tell you which ones it doesn't like and b) it refuses to sync any devices if there is something in the blend that it doesn't like. It would be much better if GH would sync all devices that it likes and skip the ones it doesn't.

So I'm up to a research now to find out which particular devices GH doesn't like.

Is there any existing knowledge in this forum or at HS on the subject. Please share. I will gladly report my findings.

Comment

As promised here are the results of my GH "investigation" supported by Matt from HomeSeer support team.

HS3 devices must have well defined on/off/dim control properties in order to be recognized by GH.

I have many devices that were created automatically by plug-ins such as BLRadioRA plug-in for example that look good on the surface and are operational but didn't have proper on/off control settings.

For the novices out there the settings for on/off/dim controls are in the third tab of the device properties called "Status Graphics".

Comment

GH and Thermostats

Did anyone manage to get custom Thermostats working with GH?
                                I mean Thermostats that were not made GH compatible by the OEM manufacturer.
                                I have 6 wireless sensors integrated in my HS3 that report the temperature in 6 areas of the house to HS3 devices. I also have number of HS3 controlled relays that turn on/off HVAC accordingly. I also have 6 HS3 devices that hold the set point temperature. All controlled by GUI designed in HSTouch.

The question is how do I get GH answering this question

"OK Google, what is the temperature in the Living Room?"

furthermore, how do I get Google executing commands like that

"OK Google set thermostat to 72 degrees in the Living Room"

Thanks,

RISquare

Comment

Working...
                                X