This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Newb HAI RC Question

Sorry for being such an extreme newb. I am trying to learn a lot of new things at once here.

I am wondering if there is a way for Homeseer to take the information that it gets from the RC-80 (mainly current temp) and let me just display that on a web page. Not the Homeseer page but one of my own. So I want a web page that displays the current temp on all the thermostats to display on a web page and nothing else. Something like a one inch high number or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have tried searching but found nothing quite like this question.

Take it easy on me now!!

OK, we'll try to be nice!

Do you have experience writing any scripts? You could do this in a very short ASP page. There are script commands available to the HAI Plug-in, so if the thermostat is connected to your HAI panel, then yes you can get the information via script and display it large in an ASP page.

The HAI documentation in the HELP directory shows the script commands and how to use them, and there is a sample script in the scripts directory that even retrieves some thermostat information and displays it in your homeseer log as a further example.

If you took a small, relatively simple ASP from your HomeSeer/HTML directory and copied it to a new name and then edited it, then you could do what you want. Somebody else may post something along the lines of what you are looking for as well.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Never tried writing a script... yet!!

That was actually very informative so thank you.
      I will poke around and see if I can figure out what you are talking about. Thanks for being nice.

Comment

Working...
      X