echo can't find devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.... for the quick reply Schultz.

I checked the HS account, it's good to go.
    I did the disable / re-enabled.
    I verified voice is enabled for the devices (it's working in the api)
    Alexa is hearing it correctly.

Is there a limit on the number of devices it will parse from HS?

My devices are all named roomname_devicesname_devicetype with underscores between words...

hallway_overhead_lights
    masterbedroom_bedside_lamps

Again, all seem to be working in the api...but not the skill...
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

The underscores are the issue.

They will be handled in a future build.
      Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

I thought it must be something like that...good to hear that it's going to be addressed in a future build.

I'll get by in the meantime...the API is working great.

- Jim -
        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Alexa cannot discover any devices

I installed my Homeseer controller, added the HAI plugin and made the HAI devices be HS devices with voice command enabled. I then added a Z-Net interface and two Z-Wave devices. Then I enabled the Homeseer skill on Alexa and discovered all my devices. All the devices in Homeseer could b econtrolled by Alexa.

Then, I changed my IP address on my S6 controller and nothing worked. myhs.homeseer.com still kept trying to go to the old IP address.

I finally re-imaged the S6 controller and set the the IP address I wanted. Homeseer deleted my account and I registered a new myhs.homeseer.com account.

I de-registered my Alexa Echo and set the Echo to factory defaults.
          I enabled homeseer on the Echo l and received the message "Alexa has been successsfully linked with Homeseer"

Now, when I click on Discover Devices in the Alexa app, no devices are found.

I think the issue has to be centered around changing the S6 controller IP address and the whole process is not all using the new IP address.

I can, from the Internet external to my home network, connect to my homeseer system by logging into myhs.homeseer.com account.

So far, I have been unsuccessful in getting Homeseer or Amazon to get me to a person who could look at the traffic between Homeseer, Amazon and the app to see what is being communicated.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X