Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-way switch wiring WD100+ and WA100+

Hi,

Was hoping someone will be able to help out with the wiring of these 2 switches.

My current switches are wired exactly like this;

Confused as to the line+load connections. My guess is that the load will be the black wire from the light and the line is the black wire from the panel, which means I'm disconnecting that marrette that joins the black wire from the source to the black wire going to the secondary switch? The traveler and neutral wires remain the same?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pretty much there...

-The black between the switches isn't needed so wire nut and tape it both ends and leave in the back of the box.
    -Red and white on secondary switch remain as is.
    -Connect black from power source to Line on primary switch.
    -Connect black going to fixture to Load on primary switch.
    -Add a short neutral/white 'pigtail' into the Neutral terminal on the primary switch.
    -Wire nut the (now) 4 neutrals in the primary box together.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      Pretty much there...

-The black between the switches isn't needed so wire nut and tape it both ends and leave in the back of the box.
      -Add a short neutral/white 'pigtail' into the Neutral terminal on the primary switch.

Thanks so much! will attempt this again

Comment

3-way switch wiring WD100+ and WA100+

Good luck and let me know. It's also possible to use these where the power source is at the primary switch, but the light is going from the secondary switch box. In that case you wire nut together the 2 blacks in the secondary box, therefore bypassing it and still sending power directly from the primary switch to the light.
        cheeryfool

Comment

Good luck and let me know. It's also possible to use these where the power source is at the primary switch, but the light is going from the secondary switch box. In that case you wire nut together the 2 blacks in the secondary box, therefore bypassing it and still sending power directly from the primary switch to the light.
          Worked like a charm! thanks again for your help!

Comment

Pretty much there...

The black not being needed threw me for a loop. I figured it out by process of elimination but it was helpful see this to confirm! Thanks gents!

Comment

Working...
            X