Fade to dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fade to dark

A better way, I was struck with this useless, but a costly (CPU clicks) idea to make the bedroom lighting ramp down gradually over 30 minutes (or whatever) or so time span. I notice this could be done with events but not easily, so I wrote a script.

Sub Main()
    for i = 1 to 100
    theDevice = 127
    devValue = hs.DeviceValue(theDevice)
    newDevValue = devValue - 1
    if newDevValue <=5 then
    x=hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(theDevice,tr ue ,"off",false,true))
    deviceOne=1
    end if
    hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(theDevice, false, CStr(newDevValue), false, true))
    theDevice = 100
    devValue = hs.DeviceValue(theDevice)
    newDevValue = devValue - 1
    hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(theDevice, false, CStr(newDevValue), false, true))
    if newDevValue <=5 then
    x=hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(theDevice,tr ue ,"off",false,true))
    deviceTwo=1
    end if
    if deviceOne=1 and deviceTwo=1 then i=100
    hs.waitsecs 18
    next
    End Sub

The question, opposed to my clumsy brute force script approach is there a better way?

Also, the only way I can see to keep the log from filling with a lot of useless drivel is checking the no logging for a device. A bit broad for my purpose is there a way to suppress the log messages. I searched and didn’t see a way aside from now obsolete verb.

-r
    Last edited by rmorton27; February 24, 2017, 11:55 AM.
    -Rick

Turn off logging for event and device--then do a "writelog" instruction right before "END" in script; then it will log once per cycle of the entire script.
    BobSpen

Comment

You can turn off logging for the device at the beginning of the script and back on at the end:

Code:
      	Dim dv As Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass = hs.GetDeviceByRef(1234)
      	dv.MISC_Set(hs, Enums.dvMISC.NO_LOG)

'other code here

dv.MISC_Clear(hs, Enums.dvMISC.NO_LOG)
      Replace 1234 with your reference id.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
      X