Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got that too...I put the exe in my development Homeseer directory and all is now well......
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
    BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
    DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

I should have figured that out!

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by Oman View Post
        I've attached the binary if anyone wants it. It is just a tool for me but if someone has any good suggestions I'll consider them. PS: Still no control or anything - just an instant state viewer.

I might turn it into an old HomeSeer 1 style interface at some point.

Jon

This is very helpful for use while testing stuff. Some suggestions:

> show the device code (a1)

> don't turn off highlight for a changed state. Too fast, can't study what changed. If three things change, all three highlighted. Provide button at top to turn off hightlights

> if click on device line, open up dialog that shows the entire device string

If you want, I can make the changes if you send me source.

Thanks,

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

A few more:

> show actual DeviceStatus value

> on click, also show status/value pairs

Thanks again,

tenholde

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
          This is very helpful for use while testing stuff. Some suggestions:

> show the device code (a1)

> don't turn off highlight for a changed state. Too fast, can't study what changed. If three things change, all three highlighted. Provide button at top to turn off hightlights

> if click on device line, open up dialog that shows the entire device string

If you want, I can make the changes if you send me source.

Thanks,

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Try this one. I'll parse out the status/value pairs when I get a chance. Right now you get the proper status if the device is not over-ridden with a specific display string.

I added the HC/DC, display filters, and configurable highlighting.

Jon

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
            A few more:

> show actual DeviceStatus value

> on click, also show status/value pairs

Thanks again,

tenholde
            Attached Files
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com
            (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Great job. I hate to keep asking, but what do you think about a small display area on top of the screen that shows more detail for a line that you click on. I would like to see DeviceType and the full DeviceString.

Thanks for you work. Let me know if I can help.

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

Jon,

This is really useful when developing plug-ins. Thanks for posting it. Let me know if you need any help with coding. I would be glad to contribute.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

the test I worked with is running on IIS on a different machine altogether.. im in the process of building amachine that will run my IIS and my Homeseer since PC's are more powerful I can run it this way now.. none of what im doing even remotely worked on the HS webserver, I also havent tried it on IIS that comes with XP pro.. it does seem to work with .NET 3.5 though and the AJAX extensions to visual studio 2008 make it really easy for programming the pages although those arent necessary...
                  of course if anyone here uses Mainlobby thats another way to show realtime update of devices while working on a plugin or such..

I think HST is just assuming everyone is using a different front end for their setup, perhaps that is why they dropped the 1.x interface style?

HST arent the only ones doing it.. one of the rather popular telephone system manufacturers has done the same thing in that you can no longer have real time updates of station / trunk/ T1 status.. it is also web based now and requires refreshes... at lease HST gives us an API so we can write our own.
                  -Christopher
                  PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

I might turn it into an old HomeSeer 1 style interface at some point.

Jon
                    A HS2 lookalike page would be more desirable, but I'd settle.
                    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Try this one. I'll parse out the status/value pairs when I get a chance. Right now you get the proper status if the device is not over-ridden with a specific display string.

I added the HC/DC, display filters, and configurable highlighting.

Jon

Would you mind posting your source code or the changes you made to the orginal?

Thanks
                      Ron T.

Comment

ServerHasBeenRestarted exception?

Hello,

I first want to thank the folks at Homeseer for the super-cool API -- being able to code with scripts (internally) and automation (externally) in a robust environment like .net makes Homeseer an amazingly useful platform for operating and integrating just about every electronic device in our house. It's a developer's/tinkerer's dream -- I have built this really great custom app in vb.net that our family runs on a touch-screen on our kitchen computer. We control everything from our HVAC to lights to our Sonos system with it. I'm really hard-pressed to think of anything we can't accomplish with Homeseer and the API (and the right hardware).

I am having one issue that I can't figure out. (That's why I'm posting to this thread.) The app (that sits on a remote machine -- Homeseer is hosted on a server) is calling RegisterEventCB(4, Me) in order to see log events and device change events. This works great for a while and then on an ExecX10 call, the app will throw an exception:

Exception: Belikov.GenuineChannels.GenuineExceptions.ServerHasBeenResta rted occurred

The remote host has lost all information about us. It is recommended to resubscribe to all remote host's events.

Fair enough -- even though the server had not actually restarted, maybe there was a network hiccup or something. I log the error and then make a new call to RegisterEventCB(4, Me). Unforunately, the call works (the string returned is empty) but I never receive any more events. I haven't been able to figure out a way to get the callback to work again.

If I restart the app, it works fine right away.

Any insight on this issue?

Thanks!

Pete

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Genuine Channels thinks the connection was lost but HomeSeer doesn't know that. When you try to re-register your callback it is being ignored because it thinks you are already registered. When this Happens with RegisterStatusChangeCB I re-connect and use UnregisterStatusChangeCB before calling Register again. I ignore any errors. This seems to get things back in sync. Jon
                          Originally posted by pclaar View Post
                          Hello,

I first want to thank the folks at Homeseer for the super-cool API -- being able to code with scripts (internally) and automation (externally) in a robust environment like .net makes Homeseer an amazingly useful platform for operating and integrating just about every electronic device in our house. It's a developer's/tinkerer's dream -- I have built this really great custom app in vb.net that our family runs on a touch-screen on our kitchen computer. We control everything from our HVAC to lights to our Sonos system with it. I'm really hard-pressed to think of anything we can't accomplish with Homeseer and the API (and the right hardware).

I am having one issue that I can't figure out. (That's why I'm posting to this thread.) The app (that sits on a remote machine -- Homeseer is hosted on a server) is calling RegisterEventCB(4, Me) in order to see log events and device change events. This works great for a while and then on an ExecX10 call, the app will throw an exception:

Exception: Belikov.GenuineChannels.GenuineExceptions.ServerHasBeenResta rted occurred

The remote host has lost all information about us. It is recommended to resubscribe to all remote host's events.

Fair enough -- even though the server had not actually restarted, maybe there was a network hiccup or something. I log the error and then make a new call to RegisterEventCB(4, Me). Unforunately, the call works (the string returned is empty) but I never receive any more events. I haven't been able to figure out a way to get the callback to work again.

If I restart the app, it works fine right away.

Any insight on this issue?

Thanks!

Pete
                          Jon Ort
                          JonOrt@The--Orts.com
                          (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

I, too, have custom code running on a touchpad on my kitchen wall. I have similar problem with reconnecting with homeseer after losing connection.

In my case, I cannot reconnect to HS becasue I get an error that the gcp connection already exists.

I've tried disconnecting, destroying all objects, etc but nothing but restarting the application will allow me to reconnect.

This is critical as my connection is via wireless, and it is expected that there will be errors on the communications link.

Any help would be appreciated. I've left other messages on the board, and even written up a ticket, but never get an answer to this problem.

tenholde
                            tenholde

Comment

Did you try to use the Script Connector plugin for this purpose ?

The Script Client should automatically reconnect to HomeSeer in case of any connection problem.
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Genuine Channels thinks the connection was lost but HomeSeer doesn't know that. When you try to re-register your callback it is being ignored because it thinks you are already registered. When this Happens with RegisterStatusChangeCB I re-connect and use UnregisterStatusChangeCB before calling Register again. I ignore any errors. This seems to get things back in sync. Jon
                                Hi Jon,

Thanks for pointing this out. My mistake: I'm running HomeSeer 2.3 but failed to update the SDK (2.1) -- which didn't have the unregister command implemented. I'll update and implement the unregister. I'll report back if it doesn't work.

Thanks for your insight!

Pete

Comment

Working...
                                X