HSTouch Play/Pause Toggle Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Play/Pause Toggle Button

I can't seem to figure out how to have a single button in an HSTouch project for play/pause functionality like there is on the PlayerControl webpage in HS3.

It doesn't appear that there is direct functionality for this using the Sonos devices, and my first attempt to accomplish this using events left me at a dead end as well. So instead of spinning my wheels all night I thought I would check here for ideas.

This seems like something simple so I am hoping I am just being stupid and overlooking the obvious.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
    I can't seem to figure out how to have a single button in an HSTouch project for play/pause functionality like there is on the PlayerControl webpage in HS3.

It doesn't appear that there is direct functionality for this using the Sonos devices, and my first attempt to accomplish this using events left me at a dead end as well. So instead of spinning my wheels all night I thought I would check here for ideas.

This seems like something simple so I am hoping I am just being stupid and overlooking the obvious.

Any ideas?
    There is indeed no device button today that allows toggling as you were looking for. I was anticipating that to be part of the MediaAPI but at this point I'm not sure I'll ever support the MediaAPI. I'll add the request on my list of things to do. I could add another button to the "State" device that would allow toggle between stop/play/pause, this device was created in-line with what I thought the MediaAPI would end up requiring but since last year there hasn't been any visible progress on HSTouch changes for the MediaAPI.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk, thanks for the quick reply.

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      I was anticipating that to be part of the MediaAPI
      The more I thought about it, I wondered if maybe that was the case.

I could add another button to the "State" device that would allow toggle between stop/play/pause
      This seems like an ideal solution to me and I look forward to it!

------

On another note, the Alarm trigger still isn't working for me latest .13 version. Is this still a known issue? No worries if it is, just wanted to make sure it wasn't something on my end if it had been fixed.

Comment

There's a toggle script that someone wrote at my requesbif you search. You could have the button call it and it will toggle a device on or offX. Maybe that could help?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
          There's a toggle script that someone wrote at my requesbif you search. You could have the button call it and it will toggle a device on or offX. Maybe that could help?
          Sure I could accomplish this through scripting, although the logic might be a little more complex than a simple on/off device toggle.

But I was thinking that I was overlooking something obvious using the Sonos devices or an event, and didn't want to reinvent the wheel. (Dirk cleared that up with this post.)

Thanks for the suggestion .

Comment

On another note, the Alarm trigger still isn't working for me latest .13 version. Is this still a known issue? No worries if it is, just wanted to make sure it wasn't something on my end if it had been fixed.
            Missed this note in my previous response. Alarm triggers are unfortunately still broken. Via another forum, a message went into MicroSoft's UPNP group about this issue, never heard back whether they were going to do something about it. Alternative is to redesign the PI and do MAJOR surgery and design out UPNP.DLL in favor of own UPNP functions. The latter are part of my MediaController PI and I'm going to wait a while for feedback to see if it holding its own before I attempt to move it to the Sonos PI. Of course there is always the off-chance that MSFT releases a patch and all will be OK (again).

Dirk

Comment

Missed this note in my previous response. Alarm triggers are unfortunately still broken. Via another forum, a message went into MicroSoft's UPNP group about this issue, never heard back whether they were going to do something about it. Alternative is to redesign the PI and do MAJOR surgery and design out UPNP.DLL in favor of own UPNP functions. The latter are part of my MediaController PI and I'm going to wait a while for feedback to see if it holding its own before I attempt to move it to the Sonos PI. Of course there is always the off-chance that MSFT releases a patch and all will be OK (again).

Dirk
              Thank you for the update on this, Dirk. Just curious what changed? The alarm triggers were working fine in HS2 before I switched over to HS3. Was the HS2 version not using the same dll?

Comment

Thank you for the update on this, Dirk. Just curious what changed? The alarm triggers were working fine in HS2 before I switched over to HS3. Was the HS2 version not using the same dll?
                Pretty sure your HS2 version isn't working either anymore. It got broken in one of the newer Sonos SW version (I think 5.x) due to a service that was added by Sonos, which subsequently trips up the MicroSoft DLL and as far as I can tell, Sonos is right and MSFT is wrong.

Dirk

Comment

Pretty sure your HS2 version isn't working either anymore. It got broken in one of the newer Sonos SW version (I think 5.x) due to a service that was added by Sonos, which subsequently trips up the MicroSoft DLL and as far as I can tell, Sonos is right and MSFT is wrong.

Dirk
                  Oh, yeah, you're right it was the version 5 upgrade that killed the alarm triggers. And yes it did happen on HS2 as well, I had forgotten about that. That was right before I switched to HS3. A lot of changes happened there in a short span of time for me with the Sonos firmware and HS3 migration. Thanks for remembering that for me

Comment

There is indeed no device button today that allows toggling as you were looking for. I was anticipating that to be part of the MediaAPI but at this point I'm not sure I'll ever support the MediaAPI. I'll add the request on my list of things to do. I could add another button to the "State" device that would allow toggle between stop/play/pause, this device was created in-line with what I thought the MediaAPI would end up requiring but since last year there hasn't been any visible progress on HSTouch changes for the MediaAPI.

Dirk
                    Hi Dirk, was just wondering if you could please give an update on the play/pause toggle functionality...is this still planned for your plugin? Or is the MediaAPI any closer to being available to provide this?

Comment

Hi Dirk, was just wondering if you could please give an update on the play/pause toggle functionality...is this still planned for your plugin? Or is the MediaAPI any closer to being available to provide this?
                      No progress on MediaAPI.
                      Version 3.0.0.15 has been sent to HS to be posted. If you delete your players (go to the config page at the bottom), the players will be deleted and recreated and a new button play-pause was added to the "state device" to provide what you were looking for.

Dirk

Comment

No progress on MediaAPI.
                        Version 3.0.0.15 has been sent to HS to be posted. If you delete your players (go to the config page at the bottom), the players will be deleted and recreated and a new button play-pause was added to the "state device" to provide what you were looking for.

Dirk
                        Dirk, thanks so much for this. I installed the new version today and the new play-pause function works great for what I was needing.

Just a heads up to anyone else who deletes their players...

I had several events I had to edit to select the new devices. The new players will obviously have new device refs, so anything you do that involves the devices in events and scripts will have to be edited for the new player devices.

Comment

Just a heads up to anyone else who deletes their players...

I had several events I had to edit to select the new devices. The new players will obviously have new device refs, so anything you do that involves the devices in events and scripts will have to be edited for the new player devices.
                          So true, forgot about those, thanks for pointing out!
                          Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

I don't see the "state device" for a Play 1 zone player. Under actions, the only item I see for this Play 1 is "Sonos Play 1 player". But I do see the state devices for my other zone players, the S5, and connect amp.

The Play 1 was just added in December. I never deleted and re-added the player because the plugin version is still 3.0.0.21.

Deon

Comment

Originally posted by w0012979 View Post
                              Dirk,

I don't see the "state device" for a Play 1 zone player. Under actions, the only item I see for this Play 1 is "Sonos Play 1 player". But I do see the state devices for my other zone players, the S5, and connect amp.

The Play 1 was just added in December. I never deleted and re-added the player because the plugin version is still 3.0.0.21.

Deon
                              You are talking about HSTouch Designer, correct?

Do you see all the devices properly on the HS Device page? Is this S1 player grouped perhaps with another player, a playbar perhaps?

Could you add a bunch of screen shots, HS device page screen shot, player table screen shot. If you restart the PI, do you see errors in the log? Which version of HS and HST server are you using?

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                              X