Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using MONOprice Motion sensor - Now Works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using MONOprice Motion sensor - Now Works!

I am having difficulty getting included in the network.
    Anyone out got this working?
    Thanks for your support,

What version of HS are you running? If running HS3 what version of the Z-Wave plugin are you using? What Z-Wave interface are you using? What do the log file entries show when trying to add? How are you adding it? Are you adding it using the add node from the HS web interface? Lastly as far as I know no one has reported using these so I'm not sure if they work with HS or not but they look close to the same versions HS sells so they may work.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The instructions that come with the Monoprice Motion Sensor are inaccurate. I have had two of these units and neither functioned according to the instructions. The instructions say that you should put the ZIC into inclusion mode and then press and hold the program switch on the motion sensor for one second and release it. This simply doesn't work. To get it to go into inclusion mode, tap the program switch twice within one second.

I believe that earlier Monoprice senors were made by Ecolink, however, current sensors are made by Vision Sec. The Vision Sec versions have an added temperature sensor feature. Unfortunately, although I have managed to get two Monoprice Motion Sensors to be included and recognized by my HomeSeer 3 Pro, the motion sensor flashes when I walk by but HomeSeer never seems to see the data. The temperature sensor updates HomeSeer Pro with the current temperature (albeit 6 degrees low) every few minutes. The battery also updates HomeSeer. However, the motion sensor, despite flashing to acknowledge my presence, never updated HomeSeer in the two weeks of installation for the first unit and hasn't updated in two days since installation of the second unit. This was the case even when the sensor was less than two feet from the Z-Troller. Rather disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by rhmerriman View Post
        The instructions that come with the Monoprice Motion Sensor are inaccurate. I have had two of these units and neither functioned according to the instructions. The instructions say that you should put the ZIC into inclusion mode and then press and hold the program switch on the motion sensor for one second and release it. This simply doesn't work. To get it to go into inclusion mode, tap the program switch twice within one second.

I believe that earlier Monoprice senors were made by Ecolink, however, current sensors are made by Vision Sec. The Vision Sec versions have an added temperature sensor feature. Unfortunately, although I have managed to get two Monoprice Motion Sensors to be included and recognized by my HomeSeer 3 Pro, the motion sensor flashes when I walk by but HomeSeer never seems to see the data. The temperature sensor updates HomeSeer Pro with the current temperature (albeit 6 degrees low) every few minutes. The battery also updates HomeSeer. However, the motion sensor, despite flashing to acknowledge my presence, never updated HomeSeer in the two weeks of installation for the first unit and hasn't updated in two days since installation of the second unit. This was the case even when the sensor was less than two feet from the Z-Troller. Rather disappointing.
        Thanks for the warning. I was considering purchasing one of those.

Comment

Are there any plans on getting this to work with hs3? I just bought two of them and just realized that the motion detection is useless. They upddate in log but not in device status.

Dec-01 11:11:16 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 12 Z-Wave Interface Vision Sec Home Security Node 12 Child Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Error returning Event Information for type Home_Security, Event 2
          Dec-01 11:11:15 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 12 Z-Wave Interface Vision Sec On/Off Sensor Node 12 Root Set to Off/Closed/No Motion

Comment

I installed the beta zwave plugin 3.0.0.184. It got rid of the error, kinda. Still no update on device status. No way to trigger an event for motion.

Dec-02 8:28:37 AM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 7 Z-Wave Interface Vision Sec Home Security Node 7 Child Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Intrusion Unknown Location

Dec-02 8:28:37 AM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 7 Z-Wave Interface Vision Sec On/Off Sensor Node 7 Root Set to Off/Closed/No Motion

Comment

Success!

I removed the node from the controller management page and added it again. Working beautifully now

So looks like the Beta has the fix. Just hope beta doesn't mess anything else up because it was very reliable on the latest stable release.

Comment

Bumping this thread. I have HS3 Pro, latest version.
                I have two motion sensors i purchased from monoprice. After deleting and adding these nodes over and over, then removing the battery to have them awake during the node full scan, i finally got one motion sensor to come up as a Vision Sec and it does show all the data. Motion detection, temperature, and battery is there. But whatever i do, i cannot get the second motion detector to do this also. Only will show a sigma on off sensor? Im using the zwave beta plugin.

Also i have two door window sensors. Same issue, two of these sensors installed. Only one sensor is show as Vision Sec with all the correct data. The other will just be another Sigma on off sensor.
                Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thx

Comment

I'm still not able to get this to work on my system. I've tried both the beta Z-Wave plugin (3.0.1.94 currently) and the released version (3.0.1.87). Attempted with two devices and both of them show temp, tamper cover, and battery level, along with the root device. No motion detection.

Comment

I've been using the MonoPrice sensors for several months now with no issue. I'm on Zwave v3.0.1.87 HS3 v3.0.0.297. Inclusion was simple and straight forward without any issues. I get motion, intrusion, and temp, but have never been able to get it to read battery. None of my battery devices report battery other than 100% or 0%. Its odd that you get battery (since many here say battery is broken), and everything else but motion. Not sure what to tell you.

Comment

Just checked and, while battery is listed, it hasn't received any data for it yet. So battery is broken, too, I guess. Thought it might just take some time to show up like some devices (my door lock).

Comment

I've been having the same issue. I updated to the latest beta (v3.0.1.102) and was finally able to add one of the Monoprice motion sensors. I've even been able to setup some basic events to get it to turn on/off lights. Though the battery now shows (it didn't before I updated the beta version of the Z-Wave interface), it's sitting at 100% and hasn't updated it's status in about 2 days. Not sure if this is normal or not. Maybe it only notifies of updated status when the battery level drops? Still, given the battery issue for the moment, I'm still happy. But I'll be looking for better motion sensors (hopefully with other features too).
                        Last edited by NetworkGuy; February 2, 2017, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slog View Post
                          Just checked and, while battery is listed, it hasn't received any data for it yet. So battery is broken, too, I guess. Thought it might just take some time to show up like some devices (my door lock).
                          On another forum post, someone included a response from the vendor (Vision Tech). In the vendor's response, they indicated that a non-functioning battery is often a symptom of an incomplete [inclusion] setup. They said the motion sensor will only stay active for about 20 seconds, and if all communications have not been completed within that time, it still just turns off. They suggested to re-add the device. I had been having the same issue, but mine is now working and the battery is updating. I would suggest you try these steps to see if it can help you too:

1) In HomeSeer Z-Wave interface, activate INCLUSION mode
                          2) Use the paperclip method of motion sensor (press/release several times) to start it communicating

Hopefully that will help - it did for me. Initially I was trying to use the paperclip method first. I suspect that the device simply shutoff after the 20 second delay because I had a difficult time adding mine too. This may be the standard practice to add Z-Wave devices.

Although I don't have any way to know now, I suspect that installing the BETA Z-Wave interface may not have been necessary (see above post).

Comment

I have gotten mine to add, but it doesn't seem to be taking the parameter changes (to cut off time to 1 minute and set sensitivity to max).

Also, I am getting errors when visiting the ZWave tab of the device:

Error getting Z-Wave device info: Method not found: 'ZWave_Company.ZW_Company.NameLong'.

Error getting Z-Wave firmware update information: Method not found: 'ZWave_Company.ZW_Company.NameShort'.

Motion detection seems to be much slower than my Ecolinks.

Comment

Working...
                            X