• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variable set
    Name %HSSetdevicevalue to 255
    Variable set
    Name %Hereford to 192

That's it. It did work for a little while after I set the time on my tablet. I did not change anything and it stopped working

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
      Variable set
      Name %HSSetdevicevalue to 255
      Variable set
      Name %Hereford to 192

That's it. It did work for a little while after I set the time on my tablet. I did not change anything and it stopped working
      I guess auto correction changed HsRef to Hereford, but other than that it looks okay. The log says Set Device value ReferenceID:192 to 255
      Could you check if the device value is changed, are you trying to turn on a lamp or simular? Check that your device in this case have 255 as ON.
      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
      --
      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Yes that was the autocorrect, it should read HsRef.
        I am not sure where to check if the device value has changed. I looked in the device, advanced, and that is still 0.
        I have changed from 255 to ON, no change. I changed the device Ref to a LightwaveRF light switch, and that works.
        The device 192 is a Everspring on/off zwave module. Both in the same room, very close to each other. I can control both via HS3 device list, so its only control via tasker giving me headaches.
        In my tasker, when I run that task, I always have this error message:
        Read line file not found /storage/emulated/0/tasker/ssid.dat
        I get that even when the task is working, always had that message

Comment

Comment

Yes that was the autocorrect, it should read HsRef.
            I am not sure where to check if the device value has changed. I looked in the device, advanced, and that is still 0.
            I have changed from 255 to ON, no change. I changed the device Ref to a LightwaveRF light switch, and that works.
            The device 192 is a Everspring on/off zwave module. Both in the same room, very close to each other. I can control both via HS3 device list, so its only control via tasker giving me headaches.
            In my tasker, when I run that task, I always have this error message:
            Read line file not found /storage/emulated/0/tasker/ssid.dat
            I get that even when the task is working, always had that message
            ssid.dat is used to compare if you are connected to your homenetwork.
            --
            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

In the meantime I have managed to grab a log, a speak command being sent to my tablet, shows as a autoremote toast, is in teh autoremote logs, but no sound. This is the log from Tasker on my tablet
              I'm not so familiar with the Tasker logging part, could you check that all volumes is on. You can also try to send the text to different sources
              <media>test
              <alarm>test
              <media>test
              <system>test
              Did you set the Debug to 1 in variables tab?
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

A few more things though,

a) How powerful is your router or location from your devices (tablets)? Or do you have repeaters (must be set with same ssid!)
                b) Setup your Wifi in the devices to never sleep. I hope you have done this.
                c) for the HSSetdevicevalue to ........... Try some other values like 1 or 100 or even 50 to see if the device wakes up.

Eman.
                TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                  A few more things though,

a) How powerful is your router or location from your devices (tablets)? Or do you have repeaters (must be set with same ssid!)
                  b) Setup your Wifi in the devices to never sleep. I hope you have done this.
                  c) for the HSSetdevicevalue to ........... Try some other values like 1 or 100 or even 50 to see if the device wakes up.

Eman.
                  A. Very good signal, no repeaters
                  B. Yes
                  C. Yes tried that, same result. When I first set it up it worked fine

On another tablet in the house which also switches a on off switch to turn on or off its power it works fine. It send commands in a identical task just different ref for the device

Comment

I hope I understood you correctly but the device ref. can not change or you mean different devices? And another way to check if your event or commands work or sent is to create an event in HomeSeer, say LivingRoomLight ON/OFF or whatever and in Tasker create a task with variable set.... %HSCommand to LivingRoomLight then fire it up with the play button and see what happens (That's how you run your events from Tasker and the same goes for the devices. They must exist in HomeSeer first)

I hope this helps.

Eman.

Comment

And one more thing is every device has its own account or settings. You can not use the same Autoremote key. (Just curious!)

Eman.

Comment

I did meaning changing the ref to a different device, that then worked.
                        I am aware that every device has a separate autoremote key.
                        I will try setting up a event in HS3 and run that from tasker on my Android, maybe that'll work.
                        What I am doing I have 2 wall mounted tablets, and when the battery goes low they'll switch on their charger. When the battery has 100% they switch the chargers off. It was working fine on both tablets, its the same task just different ref numbers as the chargers have different refs in HS3. Now one of them cannot switch the charger on or off any more. No changes on either tablet. Extremely weird. Also both do not have any sound on speak commands send from HS3, but tasker say commands work.

Comment

Battery Status tracking for Android

Tablet 1 e.g ref ID 100 : This is the device you create first which is referenced in Tasker.
                          Then create a task on the Android device with Variable set =
                          %HSSetdevicestring to %BATT (This wiill show the value which will show in HomeSeer)
                          %HsRef to 100 (This is the device ID no. in HomeSeer and it's chosen by HomeSeer Sysem)

The time the tablet updates the device is upto you or you can choose 5min in Tasker. Now let HomeSeer do the rest. In other words create an event in HomeSeer which tracks the status of the device "100" if it reaches 100% to turn off the charging point which could be your Lightwave or Z-wave
                          Please do not send values to devices like sockets which are meant to be ON/OFF or 1/0. Let HomeSeer trigger that for you.

The other way of running the event from Tasker I think should be set up using Tasker's "IF and THEN like this : IF %BatteryLevel = 100 THEN Variable set %HSCommand to Lightwave Socket_A_OFF ("Lightwave Socket A OFF" is an event already created in HomeSeer).
                          And the EXIT TASK would be like say IF %BatteryLevel = 50 THEN Variable set %HSCommand to Lightwave Socket ON ("Lightwave Socket_A_ON" is another event in HomeSeer)

These guys here :http://androidforums.com/threads/usi...attery.846294/ do some crazy stuff about the battery

Note: To start off do complex events in HomeSeer with your given names and fire them off from Tasker. Then when you progress then you can do crazy things in Tasker to HomeSeer.

Eman.
                          Last edited by Eman; June 9, 2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I will try that tonight.
                            I haven't changed any speaker setup, my Android phone has speaker client unticked in the Tasker plugin. All of a sudden I am getting all 'speak' notifications from HS3 on my phone. Normally they did come in a female voice which is my usual tts engine on my phone, my tasker uses that for 'say' actions. Now the unwanted 'speak' actions from HS3 come in a American male voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                              Tablet 1 e.g ref ID 100 : This is the device you create first which is refferenced in Tasker.
                              Then create a task on the Android device with Variable set =
                              %HSSetdevicestring to %BATT (This wiill show the value which will show in HomeSeer)
                              %HsRef to 100 (This is the device ID no. in HomeSeer and it's chosen by HomeSeer Sysem)

The time the tablet updates the device is upto you or you can choose 5min in Tasker. Now let HomeSeer do the rest. In other words create an event in HomeSeer which tracks the status of the device "100" if it reaches 100% to turn off the charging point which could be your Lightwave or Z-wave

Eman.
                              I have implemented that and it works, great.

Now I need to sort out the 'speak' problems, one of my tablets not reacting at all even though the say action in tasker worsk
                              My phone all of a sudden deciding to speak everything even though speaker client is unticked
                              Also sending a TTS message from HS3 to tasker doesnt work (It receives the message but doesnt speak)

Ok I got the speak and TTS to work again with <notification> before the text. Lets see if that keeps working.

Comment

I have implemented that and it works, great.

Now I need to sort out the 'speak' problems, one of my tablets not reacting at all even though the say action in tasker worsk
                                My phone all of a sudden deciding to speak everything even though speaker client is unticked
                                Also sending a TTS message from HS3 to tasker doesnt work (It receives the message but doesnt speak)
                                Great, thank you Eman for stepping in.

So you have Speech Proxy enabled in settings tab and speaker client disabled for the devices you wont want to speech but they still do?

The second issue, did you try to add <media> before the message or the other I suggest in previos post and did you set the variable Debug to 1 and did you see any toasts that can give more info?
                                --
                                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Working...
                                X