RF Input to HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RF Input to HS

Hi, hope you all can help find a good solution to give input to HS from a handheld remote control. Primary goal is to control volume of Russound CAV6.6 zones and z-wave light/fan switches from a handheld hardware device (non-android/smartphone device).

Here is the hardware currently in use:
    • DIGI-Edgeport 416 - I have many serial ports available to use (connected to HS).
    • Russound CAV 6.6 - 6 pairs of in-ceiling speakers and controlled via RS232 from BLRussound HS Plugin. Primary control now via HSTouch and works great, but I have to open the HSTouch app on my android phone/tablet to change sources or volume.
    • Denon x4000 controlled via Denon Android Application (used only to change volume or source).
    • Kodi - openELEC device - movies & tv
    • Sonos is used as a source to Russound & Denon. Controlled from Sonos application on Android device

My goal here is to have a hardware device/remote to control:
    • Kodi navigation (nav, play, pause, etc)
    • Russound Volume & Source
    • Denon Volume & Source
    • Sonos source - secondary
    • HVAC control - secondary
    • Light control (zwave) - secondary

I don't want to have to open muliple applications on android to accomplish these tasks, I'm looking for a remote control style hardware solution. It will have to be RF as the only device within IR would be the TV - all other devices are in a closet.

Thanks!

The RFXCom receiver/plugin supports a few different RF remotes, so that may be an option for you.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I'm controlling multiple devices with infrared using global cache. Works with equipment in a closet or cabinet. The homeseer pluggin takes all the hassle out of dealing with the IR codes.
      Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
      | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
      Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
      BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions - is there a list somewhere of specific rf remote controls that work with the rfxcom?

I'm trying to stay away from IR since I figured rf and rs232 would be faster and more reliable. The russound and denon receiver can receive commands from HS by RS232. I could use the remote on the patio, living room or kitchen without having to point it at an IR receiver in each room.

Comment

I would install the trial version of the plugin and then look at the documentation: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153546. You don't need to enable the plugin.

Cheers
          Al
          Last edited by sparkman; September 17, 2016, 02:46 PM.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X