Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa Skill not available for UK Amazon accounts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Croccy22 View Post
    The official skill isn't available yet as HomeSeer are having some problems with with the migration process.

It looks like there may be a manual work arund that we can use for now which I am just in the progress of testing with help from Wade from HomeSeer.

If I can get it working I will do a tutorial for people to follow. This will allow us to set it up and use it until the official plugin can be sorted.

Matt.

PS I am nothing to do with HomeSeer, Just somebody desperate to get this working
    Thank you

Comment

Further to my earlier posts ref my functioning UK Echo and HS3 Skill, I just received this email from Amazon unprompted.

Subject: Important Information about Your Amazon Account
      Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 13:44:41 +0000

Dear customer,

Amazon recently announced that Amazon Alexa devices are now available to customers in the UK. You currently have an Alexa device that was registered to your Amazon account prior to Alexa being launched in the UK. Because of this, you may not have access to features like Amazon UK Prime Music, skills that developers have created for UK customers, or shop through voice on Amazon.co.uk (coming soon).

If you'd like to update your Alexa devices, please contact us so we can help you with this process.

You can contact Alexa Customer Support from 6 a.m. to midnight GMT, seven days a week. Here's how to reach us:

By phone:
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/clicktocall-alexasupport

By email:
      alexa-support@amazon.co.uk

Sincerely,

Customer Service
      Amazon.co.uk

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Comment

Make sure the clientID in your skill is:

amzn1.application-oa2-client.d839fbb21603478dbd332ab26fc1f1f1
        Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
          Make sure the clientID in your skill is:

amzn1.application-oa2-client.d839fbb21603478dbd332ab26fc1f1f1
          The ID of my skill is amzn1.ask.skill.be6a1c7d-ce1f-4ffa-9a7f-9048b8f034ad

It doesn't look like this can be changed? I guess it's a unique ID which gets generated whenever a new skill is created?

Matt.

Comment

It's set in the configuration area.
            Wade

Comment

YES!!!! That did it.

Thankyou so much.

Never been so happy to turn on my fish tank light LOL

Comment

OK Guys,

Tutorial is live here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...06#post1268106

I have tested and it is now working. I can fully control Homeseer from my UK Amazon Echo

Thanks to Wade for the help, wouldn't have been able to work it out without you.

If anyone has any problems with the tutorial, or if any steps aren't quite accurate then please let me know in that thread and I will update it.

Matt.

Comment

I've just implemented the steps in the tutorial and everything worked fine - thanks to all involved in getting UK Echo to this stage.

Comment

I have just spoken to Amazon about this, I have a US version which they recommended converting to the UK version. Foolish as I am I did. And lost the Homeseer skill. They promised to come up with a solution by tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                      I have just spoken to Amazon about this, I have a US version which they recommended converting to the UK version. Foolish as I am I did. And lost the Homeseer skill. They promised to come up with a solution by tomorrow...
                      I hope they do get sorted so it makes it easier for everyone. But now I have it working by following the steps above I actually find it better this way.

The reason is the official skill is going to be "Homeseer" which is fine, it works. But since I have the skill in my own developer account I can call the skill whatever I want as it doesn't have to be unique.

So I have called my skill "The House". Therefore I can say "Alexa, tell the house to turn of the living room light"

Happy Days

Comment

Hi

Just wondering if the guys at Homeseer had managed to make any progress with getting the Skill and SmartHome API "Skill" available in the UK yet, or if they'd had any feedback from Amazon yet?

Thanks for the instructions on getting the Skill working. I've done this and for the most part it works ok, not that impressed with Alexas understanding of my accent, but guessing this will improve with time.

Is anyone else having issues where Alexa doesn't always understand?

while testing, Alexa seemed to struggle with the word/phrases Lounge, Wall Lights which got heard as all lights or all lamps, Light which often go head as lamp, Poppy (my daughters name) often heard as puppy.

I would be really interested to see the Smarthome "Skill" working and see if it is any better.

Look forward to some positive updates from Homeseer/Amazon on getting these all working in the UK.

Comment

We have updated the API skill with the UK language addition and it should be available to users.

The regular skill has been updated as well, but may not be available due to having to re-certify the skill for another matter.
                          Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
                            We have updated the API skill with the UK language addition and it should be available to users.

The regular skill has been updated as well, but may not be available due to having to re-certify the skill for another matter.
                            I can not see any of them yet. I will update you if it appears.

Greig.
                            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

I have just checked as well and neither of them are showing up yet.

Comment

I'll check with Amazon to see if there is anything else holding them up, or if there is a time frame on when it should show up.
                                Wade

Comment

Working...
                                X