Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa Skill not available for UK Amazon accounts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Croccy22 View Post
    Log into Amazon.com with your account. Then go to Your Account > Manage your content and devices > Settings and under country settings click the change button. Set this to your UK address and click update. Now log into Amazon.co.uk and go to Your Account > Manage your content and devices > Settings and click the link at the top that says "Learn mroe about updating your default Kindle store to amazon.co.uk". Click the Transfer button.

That should now set your Alaexa account to be in the UK. Try going to alexa.amazon.com and see if it still redirects you.

Matt.
    Hi Matt - Really appreciate the advice. Followed the instructions but it didn't quite work like that. Both accounts said that the country was already UK however only when I was on .com was I able to transfer the digital content to .co.uk
    Anyway I figured that would have sorted it, but unfortunately not

Still can't get to alexa.amazon.co.uk it just redirects me to alexa.amazon.com - I figure I'll just contact Amazon UK and see if they can sort it as they had offered to. Thanks again though bud.

Comment

Have you tried resetting your echo now? Go into the alexa app and unregister it. Then do a reset on the unit using the reset button and set it up again.

In theory that should then register your echo against the UK account.

If that still doesn't work then yes it will be a call to Amazon.

Matt.

Comment

Have you tried resetting your echo now? Go into the alexa app and unregister it. Then do a reset on the unit using the reset button and set it up again.

In theory that should then register your echo against the UK account.

If that still doesn't work then yes it will be a call to Amazon.

Matt.
        Unfortunately not as I'm at work at the mo.
        Anyways I've put an email in to them so if they don't come back to me I'll try it tonight. Thanks again.

Comment

Have you tried Prime music on your echo? Reason I ask is it sounds like your echo is still registered against your US account. Voice training is not available on the UK echos either. Is she speaking in a British accent? When you launch the Alexa app do you see an advertisement about Amazon Music Unlimited?
          Yes prime music is now working.When I changed the language from English US to UK in the alexa app, the voice now has an engligh accent. and yes I have Amazon Music adverts on startup.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by reggs11 View Post
            Unfortunately not as I'm at work at the mo.
            Anyways I've put an email in to them so if they don't come back to me I'll try it tonight. Thanks again.
            Okay Amazon have migrated me to UK and I can now login to alexa.amazon.co.uk

Homeseer is responding with Log items like:

Oct-24 15:16:25 TTS Speak (json: ):
            Oct-24 15:16:25 Info Heard: switch on the kitchen tv

But HS3 is not switching the TV on or any other of the virtual devices that I'd setup for the original Skill.
            She will however run events, which is pretty cool. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I seem to have two DevUK Homeseer Skills. One I was able to link to MyHS but the other is Disabled and whenever I try to enable it I get an error saying 'An error occurred when trying to link your account. Please try again later'

There is no option to delete that Skill either.

Interestingly the original US Homeseer Skill is still in my account.
            I have access to all Prime Music and Audible at last but no device control of
            HS3.

Any ideas anyone?

Comment

...Forgot to mention Alexa doesn't detect any of my HS3 devices.

I'm assuming that's because one of the Skills won't enable ?

Comment

...Forgot to mention Alexa doesn't detect any of my HS3 devices.

I'm assuming that's because one of the Skills won't enable ?
                The only skill that works in the UK at the moment is the "advanced" skill. For this to work you need to address it by it's invocation name. "Tell Homeseer to turn on the ceiling light"

It won't detect your devices when you ask alexa to discover your devices. And it won't work if you just say "Alexa, turn on the ceiling light". This requires the API Skill which does not currently function in the UK.

Comment

I have just noticed that echo has latched onto a HS skill called devUK ! never noticed that one before.
                  sigpic
                  A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

The only skill that works in the UK at the moment is the "advanced" skill. For this to work you need to address it by it's invocation name. "Tell Homeseer to turn on the ceiling light"

It won't detect your devices when you ask alexa to discover your devices. And it won't work if you just say "Alexa, turn on the ceiling light". This requires the API Skill which does not currently function in the UK.
                    Okay, but that's exactly what I'm doing...

"Alexa, tell Homeseer to turn on the kitchen tv" or (any other device) but Alexa always responds with "that device was not found"

....but Alexa is running events and I see the correct device commands in the Log as per my previous post. I'm a bit stumped

Comment

"Alexa, tell Homeseer to turn on the kitchen tv" or (any other device) but Alexa always responds with "that device was not found"

....but Alexa is running events and I see the correct device commands in the Log as per my previous post. I'm a bit stumped
                      I seems odd that I now have two DevUK Skills and one of them is disabled and won't enable. Is it supposed to be like that because I only created one Skill as per the tutorial?

My Skill seems to have linked through MyHS okay but it isn't controlling any devices.

Also I'm wondering what the other skill is there for?

BTW the original Homeseer US Skill has now gone as expected.

Comment

Actually that other Skill seems to be owned by 'Homeseer Technologies LLC' and not me. No wonder it won't enable.

So the only issue now is that Alexa isn't controlling any devices. Any ideas on what to try anyone?

Comment

Actually that other Skill seems to be owned by 'Homeseer Technologies LLC' and not me. No wonder it won't enable.

So the only issue now is that Alexa isn't controlling any devices. Any ideas on what to try anyone?
                          If you are not running Linux, I strongly suggest you try my helper which WILL get you going: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184504

If you don't understand anything, post on that thread and I'll try to assist.
                          Jon

Comment

Try creating a device in homeseer with a unique name. Something like "Car".

Then try saying "Alexa, tell homeseer to turn on the car" Basically leaving out the "Room" part.

Comment

Ah, the other thing to check. Is go onto your devices and make sure they all have the Voice command option checked?

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                If you are not running Linux, I strongly suggest you try my helper which WILL get you going: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184504

If you don't understand anything, post on that thread and I'll try to assist.
                                Cheers Jon00. Looks like I'm going to be rescued by another one of your killer scripts then

Seems simple enough. I'll set it up and give her blast.
                                Cheers buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X