Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update of Thermostat Clock?

Folks:

I have three thermostats that HS3 sees/controls - two are RCS RS-485 models that are connected to my Elk M1 security panel and accessed by the Ultra M1 plugin; the third is a new American Standard/Trane/RCS Z-Wave model that HS3 communicates with via the Z-Wave (Linux beta) plugin. With the recent changeover from Daylight Standard Time, I noticed that the clocks on my RS-485 thermostats were automatically adjusted via HS3, but my Z-Wave thermostat was not. Does anyone know how the thermostat plugin handles a thermostat's clock? From what I see, it looks like the plugin only adjusts the clock when you include the device or execute a full scan - is that correct?

Regards,
    BBB

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
    Folks:

I have three thermostats that HS3 sees/controls - two are RCS RS-485 models that are connected to my Elk M1 security panel and accessed by the Ultra M1 plugin; the third is a new American Standard/Trane/RCS Z-Wave model that HS3 communicates with via the Z-Wave (Linux beta) plugin. With the recent changeover from Daylight Standard Time, I noticed that the clocks on my RS-485 thermostats were automatically adjusted via HS3, but my Z-Wave thermostat was not. Does anyone know how the thermostat plugin handles a thermostat's clock? From what I see, it looks like the plugin only adjusts the clock when you include the device or execute a full scan - is that correct?

Regards,
    BBB

I have a trane zwave tstat as well and noticed the same problem with the time not automatically updating on Sunday on the tstat. I suspect I didn't notice as my HS3 is configured with my heating/AC schedule in events and not the tstat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kerat:

Yes, I don't depend on the thermostat's clock setting either - I'd just like to get a better understanding of how the Z-Wave plugin handles things.

Regards,
      BBB

Comment

All:

I'm bumping this thread as another Daylight savings time change has come, and the clock on my Z-Wave thermostat was not adjusted. Can anyone explain how the Z-Wave does (or does not) deal with a device's clock? I've snipped the Thermostat's Node Information from the Z-Wave plugin, showing the supported Command Classes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trane_ZW_Thermostat Command Classes.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1190228

Regards,
        BBB

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
          Folks:

Regards,
          BBB

I noticed that also. To update the time, you need to rescan the root t-stat device. I Wish there was a way to automatically update it periodically.

Comment

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
            I noticed that also. To update the time, you need to rescan the root t-stat device. I Wish there was a way to automatically update it periodically.
            Good hint.
            I submitted bugzilla # 3390 back in 2016 to address this. No movement on it that I can see.

Z

Comment

Working...
            X