X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct Trigger for Double-Tap / Triple-Tap Operations

Hello all,
    I had three of the old Insteon eight button wall switches that finally bit the dust so I replaced them with three of these. With having the different tap functions I figured I could use them for my most needed event triggers. I installed them and programmed them and they worked great. Triple tap shuts lights off at night and sets the burglar alarm, etc. What I have discovered, the multi tap function won't work if the local load on the switch is completely off. I tried it again last night. "tap tap tap" nothing. Ramped up the light enough to light one LED. "tap tap tap" fired the event. Is this the way they are supposed to work? I sure hope not, because two of them are on lights that are not used regularly and I hate to have to turn them on to use the tap commands. Looks like they all have software 5.14. Anyone else run up against this?

Thanks,

John

No, they definitely work when off for me. I have one in my hallway that I use to turn off all the lights on the main floor as I go up to bed. The local load for that is the hall light and we almost never have that on.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      No, they definitely work when off for me. I have one in my hallway that I use to turn off all the lights on the main floor as I go up to bed. The local load for that is the hall light and we almost never have that on.
      Interesting. I wonder why I'm having this issue..Thanks for the fast response. Surely I don't have defective ones.

Comment

Originally posted by jonjonbear View Post
        Hello all,
        I had three of the old Insteon eight button wall switches that finally bit the dust so I replaced them with three of these. With having the different tap functions I figured I could use them for my most needed event triggers. I installed them and programmed them and they worked great. Triple tap shuts lights off at night and sets the burglar alarm, etc. What I have discovered, the multi tap function won't work if the local load on the switch is completely off. I tried it again last night. "tap tap tap" nothing. Ramped up the light enough to light one LED. "tap tap tap" fired the event. Is this the way they are supposed to work? I sure hope not, because two of them are on lights that are not used regularly and I hate to have to turn them on to use the tap commands. Looks like they all have software 5.14. Anyone else run up against this?

Thanks,

John
        I had this same problem initially and it was because I setup the event wrong. You probably have the event set to "changes and becomes" when looking at the scene controller and pushing the button 3 times. Change that to "is set to" and that will fix your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
          I had this same problem initially and it was because I setup the event wrong. You probably have the event set to "changes and becomes" when looking at the scene controller and pushing the button 3 times. Change that to "is set to" and that will fix your problem.
          +1 on this answer. It is what bites many users.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1188022

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1188023
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I had the same problem when I first got my Homeseer dimmers. It was the event configuration. Waynehead99 and rprade hit the nail on he head to fix your event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
              Wayne, you saved the day! Thanks! That definitely fixed it. Someone should make this a sticky.

Thanks again,

John

Comment

Originally posted by jonjonbear View Post
                Wayne, you saved the day! Thanks! That definitely fixed it. Someone should make this a sticky.

Thanks again,

John
                Done. Renamed the thread too.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

+1 - so glad this was here. Not sure what title would have helped more; but glad I read it before posting the same problem. Thanks, y'all.

Comment

Working...
                  X