Status and Control of Dimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status and Control of Dimmer

I "think" I have my X10 stuff working as it should (almost) from my Zee S2. On the CM15A tab I switched from "Standard dim" to "Extended" and now my dimmer switches seem to work just fine (almost). If a switch is off and I slide to 50% I would expect the switch to go on and go to 50%. However, I can only get the light to come on by switching "On" and that takes the light to 100%. Am I missing something in the screen setups?

My other issue is that if I adjust the light at the switch, it doesn't reflect the change in HS3 or HS Touch. Suggestions appreciated. The CM15A version is 3.0.0.5
    Last edited by racerfern; December 31, 2016, 08:31 AM. Reason: insert version

Which X10 devices are you trying to control? Do they support the X10 'Extended' protocol? And are they 2-way devices, ie; do they transmit their status back onto the power line?
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

The dimmers are the XPD3 which was sent to me when I ordered WS-12A dimmers. At the time, about 18 months ago it was the current dimmer switch.

I "think" they do transmit their status but can't swear to it. I vaguely remember seeing both the X10 commander app and AHP showing the status.

Maybe someone else can verify or correct me.

Comment

The XPD3 switches are X10 "Incandescent Dimmer Switch Receiver" modules. Here is a link to the manual for this device: http://www.authinx.com/manuals/X10/XPD3.pdf

These devices only respond to the standard On, Off, Dim, AllLightsON and AllUnitsOFF commands and do not support the 'Preset' or 'Extended' X10 dim commands, so you must select 'Standard_Dim' for the Device Type on the CM15A tab (or X10 tab for users of the X10 plugin) for each device.

Also, the XPD3 devices are receivers only and do not transmit their status back onto the power line. So when the paddle is pressed on the switch HS cannot know that the device has been changed.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

When I tried standard dimming as the option, I couldn't get the lights to go any brighter than where they were left at the previous time. They would dim down but not brighten past their previous set point which was usually by adjusting the switch itself.

Now, by using "extended", at least I have full control of them. It's just that the HS screen or Touch do not reflect the setting. Oh well,

Thanks for kind of setting me straight on this. I guess I'll be switching to zwave dimmers once the price becomes more reasonable.

Comment

Working...
          X