Transition from Life360 to HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djsaad1 View Post
    Had to quit yesterday to take care of the kids, but will try again today.

Quick question, when you say copy contents of zip to virtual environment, what do you mean? I just copied it into the envs folder.
    Stop. Don't waste anymore time. Give me a few hours, maybe a day and I'll have a native .NET version which will be much easier to configure and setup.

BTW what platform are you running on Windows or Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
      Stop. Don't waste anymore time. Give me a few hours, maybe a day and I'll have a native .NET version which will be much easier to configure and setup.

BTW what platform are you running on Windows or Linux?
      Windows

Comment

Windows
        Here is a very crude but working .NET binary package. There's a README included in the zip file. But here's the basic instructions.

1. This is not a plugin. It does require an external scheduler like Windows Task Scheduler for this to run based on your preferences whether 1 minutes or 5 or 10 etc.

2. Unzip the file anywhere you want just leave all the files together.

3. Edit the HS3-Life360.exe.config (referred here on as config file) to add your Life360 Username and Password (I use my email address never tried with phone number) and URL to your HS3 server.

4. Run the tool (just double click the .exe file). This will authenticate and get your information (Circles and Family members) and populate the configuration file with family members.

5. Edit the configuration file to update the entries for your members with their corresponding Device Reference number from HS3. This requires that a Virtual Device (Switch) be created for each Family member you want to get status on. The default in the config file is "000" change that to the HS3 Ref Number. If you leave it as 000 then that entry will be skipped and not updated within HS3. You can add new members through Life360 as normal and then when ready add to HS3 and update the config file with the ref. number. After complete run again just to verify it is accessing and updating HS3. This assumes local LAN connection with NO authentication. If requested that will have to be added later.

6. Schedule execution however you prefer.

At this time the only Life360 Place that is checked is "Home" if you don't have a place designated as "Home" then devices will always be off.

Again - WARNING - this is Alpha and ugly code. Consider it a prototype that I'll build off of to turn into a Plugin. The plugin system is gnarly!!! It's going to take some time before I understand it enough to get even a shell of a plugin running.

Here's the Link you've been waiting for:

https://github.com/jeubanks/homeseer...S3-Life360.zip

Comment

1. This is not a plugin. It does require an external scheduler like Windows Task Scheduler for this to run based on your preferences whether 1 minutes or 5 or 10 etc.
          Tried to use Task Scheduler and 2 things. 1. It only allowed you to set it for 1 day as the smallest time frame. 2. I got an error when I tried to finish the task that said "The specified account name is not valid". What is this and how do I fix it? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
            Tried to use Task Scheduler and 2 things. 1. It only allowed you to set it for 1 day as the smallest time frame. 2. I got an error when I tried to finish the task that said "The specified account name is not valid". What is this and how do I fix it? thanks
            The account is going to be your Windows logon.

1. Open Task scheduler search in the Windows task search bar
            2. Click on "Create Task..." - Not Basic
            3. Enter a name etc whatever you want.
            4. Set options to run when logged on or all the time. Store password is up to you
            5. Click Triggers Tab
            6. Click "New"
            7. Ignore the top half and look at the Advanced Settings. Click "Repeat Task every" and select "5 Minutes". NOW click in the drop down window and change the 5 to 1 or whatever you want
            8. Change other options as you desire
            9. Make sure "Enabled" is checked
            10. Click OK
            11. Click Actions Tab
            12. Click New
            13. Click Browse and find the HS3-Life360.exe file
            14. Click Ok, Ok, Ok

Comment

The account is going to be your Windows logon.

1. Open Task scheduler search in the Windows task search bar
              2. Click on "Create Task..." - Not Basic
              3. Enter a name etc whatever you want.
              4. Set options to run when logged on or all the time. Store password is up to you
              5. Click Triggers Tab
              6. Click "New"
              7. Ignore the top half and look at the Advanced Settings. Click "Repeat Task every" and select "5 Minutes". NOW click in the drop down window and change the 5 to 1 or whatever you want
              8. Change other options as you desire
              9. Make sure "Enabled" is checked
              10. Click OK
              11. Click Actions Tab
              12. Click New
              13. Click Browse and find the HS3-Life360.exe file
              14. Click Ok, Ok, Ok
              I am still getting the same error message as before.

Comment

Are you using your local windows password for Task Scheduler? This is purely a Windows thing at this point.

Can you post a screenshot?

Comment

Cowinger,

Can you reply with what you did to correct your problem? Document it so others (if they try) can have an idea of what to check for.

Also a note from working with Cowinger if you setup an event based on your device use the "This Device Changes and Becomes..." otherwise the event will constantly go off every X minutes (whatever you set your schedule to be) as the binary when executed currently uses the json interface to SET the device so if you use the "Has been set" it will constantly fire off the event.

Comment

Thank you!

Works perfect, now just need more places.

By the way 1 minute seemed too long for me on task scheduler. So I created 6 tasks, 1am, 1:00:10am, 1:00:20am, 1:00:30am, 1:00:40am, and 1:00:50am. They all run on repeat for 1 minute each. But because there are 6 of them it ends up running every 10 seconds.
                    Last edited by djsaad1; May 7, 2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Thank you!

Works perfect, now just need more places.

By the way 1 minute seemed too long for me on task scheduler. So I created 6 tasks, 1am, 1:00:10am, 1:00:20am, 1:00:30am, 1:00:40am, and 1:00:50am. They all run on repeat for 1 minute each. But because there are 6 of them it ends up running every 10 seconds.
                      Wow... that's a lot of updating.

An item to note. The current version only supports the ONE "Home" location. There is no support for any other Life360 Place in this version. However I gather that is something you would like?

Comment

Could someone please try to explain to me how I can transition from life360 to getting this in HS. I have an IFTTT account and have set it up for HS per the instructions. I have set up life360 on our phones and created a family group with the respective zones.

Now how do I get it into HS so I know when someone enters or exits a zone?

thanks in advance.

I've added each family member as a user at myhs, and each has an ifttt account. When they trigger a zone it runs a specific event for that person setting their occupancy or lack of. It's $24 a year for the premium myhs, which is less than I pay for life360 and well worth it.

Comment

Wow... that's a lot of updating.

An item to note. The current version only supports the ONE "Home" location. There is no support for any other Life360 Place in this version. However I gather that is something you would like?
                          Yes, if possible, having more places would be great.

I would guess it would need a virtual switch per person and place. So a virtual switch that is chris home, chris school, chris office, etc...
                          Last edited by djsaad1; May 8, 2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Cowinger,

Can you reply with what you did to correct your problem? Document it so others (if they try) can have an idea of what to check for.

Also a note from working with Cowinger if you setup an event based on your device use the "This Device Changes and Becomes..." otherwise the event will constantly go off every X minutes (whatever you set your schedule to be) as the binary when executed currently uses the json interface to SET the device so if you use the "Has been set" it will constantly fire off the event.
                            I have a MSN account that I was using to sign in to windows 10 with. When I tried to create a task scheduler event I would get this error, "The specified Account Name is not Valid"

To correct this and get task scheduler to accept my event I had to add a user account and set it to administrator and remove the MSN one. I then went into netplwiz and changed the pw to the user account. Now my laptop boots up all the way through including HS.

Comment

Yes, if possible, having more places would be great.

I would guess it would need a virtual switch per person and place. So a virtual switch that is chris home, chris school, chris office, etc...
                              I'm looking into this, and thinking how best to handle it. The one way is like you described with a VS per user/place. However I was also thinking of a user being the device and instead of on/off having each place be the toggle. So a device (user) wouldn't be on/off they would be John Home/Work/Store/Etc. Or do the same as PHLocation and there's a root device being the user and each location would be a sub-device. And the user would be near/far to each location. Dunno...

Once this is a "plugin" I think that's all doable, but with it being "external" right now that makes it difficult as I can't (or don't know how yet) create the devices and configure them. This piece will just take more time.

Comment

I'm looking into this, and thinking how best to handle it. The one way is like you described with a VS per user/place. However I was also thinking of a user being the device and instead of on/off having each place be the toggle. So a device (user) wouldn't be on/off they would be John Home/Work/Store/Etc. Or do the same as PHLocation and there's a root device being the user and each location would be a sub-device. And the user would be near/far to each location. Dunno...

Once this is a "plugin" I think that's all doable, but with it being "external" right now that makes it difficult as I can't (or don't know how yet) create the devices and configure them. This piece will just take more time.
                                No problem, the way it is now is still great. The only place that is important is Home, the others I could always use IFTTT for.

I am fine with using phlocation on my phone, but would rather use life360 with my wife and kids which makes this perfect for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X