Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to get wattage value per outlet with this plugin?

Comment

I am trying v3.3.0.0 on Linux (Pi) and see the icons still are referenced to empty status folder. The installation is not creating symlinks.

Comment

Originally posted by automatte View Post
        I am trying v3.3.0.0 on Linux (Pi) and see the icons still are referenced to empty status folder. The installation is not creating symlinks.
        It should create the icons and links, the scripts are in the beta current version 3.3.0.0 that supports Linux. It could be you tried a previous version with an existing plugin config file not triggering to create them uppon start. Try the following: stop the plugin, edit hspi_apcupsd.ini, remove the row with the gIconSet setting, save hspi_apcuspd.in and start the plugin. See if that fixes the problem.

Note: ensure you install version 3.3.0.0 found in the beta section of the updater.
        Last edited by pcp; March 31, 2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
          Is it possible to get wattage value per outlet with this plugin?
          What do you mean per outlet?
          For the UPS as a whole, you could derive the wattage from other reported device values, assuming you specific UPS and driver interface (APCUPSD or NUT) reports the needed values.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
            It should create the icons and links, the scripts are in the beta current version 3.3.0.0 that supports Linux. It could be you tried a previous version with an existing plugin config file not triggering to create them uppon start. Try the following: stop the plugin, edit hspi_apcupsd.ini, remove the row with the gIconSet setting, save hspi_apcuspd.in and start the plugin. See if that fixes the problem.

Note: ensure you install version 3.3.0.0 found in the beta section of the updater.
            Yes, I was on 3.3.0.0 but had installed 3.2.0.5 first. There was no gIconSet row in the ini file. I deleted the instance and created a new one, and now the icons do show up.

Comment

Newbie question: how do I trigger an event based on the "low battery" signal from the UPS? I know I can set triggers based on voltage, charge or load, but I like to keep it simple (and have all connected devices shutdown at the same time) by using the setting from the UPS.

The signal should be available, as the WinNUT client uses this value as well to shutdown the computer...

Thanks!
              stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                Newbie question: how do I trigger an event based on the "low battery" signal from the UPS? I know I can set triggers based on voltage, charge or load, but I like to keep it simple (and have all connected devices shutdown at the same time) by using the setting from the UPS.

The signal should be available, as the WinNUT client uses this value as well to shutdown the computer...

Thanks!

Comment

I am using NUT. On other computers I use the WinNUT client and they are shutting down on the low battery signal, so I assume it must be possible.

I just ran a test, after remove the power from the UPS the Status changed from "On Power" to "On Battery". Great! Then, after 25 minutes the NAS started to shutdown based on the Low Battery signal from the UPS, and now the Status device changed from "On Battery" to "Charging"!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	LowBatteryCharging.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1197100

This looks like a bug. I was hoping it would change to "Low Battery" so I can set an event based on this device to shutdown HomeSeer and the computer...
                  stefxx

Comment

I am using NUT. On other computers I use the WinNUT client and they are shutting down on the low battery signal, so I assume it must be possible.

I just ran a test, after remove the power from the UPS the Status changed from "On Power" to "On Battery". Great! Then, after 25 minutes the NAS started to shutdown based on the Low Battery signal from the UPS, and now the Status device changed from "On Battery" to "Charging"!!!!

[ATTACH]69327[/ATTACH]

This looks like a bug. I was hoping it would change to "Low Battery" so I can set an event based on this device to shutdown HomeSeer and the computer...
                    I will look into it and see if I can reproduce it. What could help me is enable debug/verbose debug in the plugin, redo the test you did and provide me with the plugin log file. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                      I will look into it and see if I can reproduce it. What could help me is enable debug/verbose debug in the plugin, redo the test you did and provide me with the plugin log file. Thanks
                      I will try to test again in the next few days, time permitting.

Thanks!
                      stefxx

Comment

I just had an opportunity to test again. See the logfile attached.

What I see in the log that the ups.status changes from "OL CHRG" to "OB DISCHRG" and finally to "FSD ALARM OB DISCHRG LB", and at that time the status device is being set to 3 (Setting Device Ref: 2040, Value: 3) which means "Charging. I guess it should be set to 4, "Low Battery".
                        Attached Files
                        stefxx

Comment

I just had an opportunity to test again. See the logfile attached.

What I see in the log that the ups.status changes from "OL CHRG" to "OB DISCHRG" and finally to "FSD ALARM OB DISCHRG LB", and at that time the status device is being set to 3 (Setting Device Ref: 2040, Value: 3) which means "Charging. I guess it should be set to 4, "Low Battery".
                          Thanks and will look at this!

Comment

I had a quick look. The status ""FSD ALARM OB DISCHRG LB" in your case is different than what I saw in another. I will need to update the code to support this status string. I hope look at it more over the weekend.

Comment

Great, thanks!
                              stefxx

Comment

Did you have any chance to look into this? I would really appreciate it!
                                stefxx

Comment

Working...
                                X