HS3 Third Party Current Cost Envi Plugin Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THank you mr happy,
    in france we have two different rates night and day...
    thats works great in hs2 unfortunately not for hs3

Comment

Yeah... I missed that feature as well after upgrading to HS3. Nonetheless, I still love this plugin...

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.357 (Linux) seems to have caused some problems when running the plugin remotely. Mostly seems to still work though. info no longer appears under remote plugins.

Sep-09 9:57:53 AM Current Cost 3P Unable To Open COM Port: The port 'COM1' does not exist.
        Sep-09 9:57:53 AM Current Cost 3P Setting Up COM Port: COM1
        Sep-09 9:57:53 AM Current Cost 3P Port Has Been Closed...Attempting Reconnection
        Attached Files
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.357 (Linux) seems to have caused some problems when running the plugin remotely. Mostly seems to still work though. info no longer appears under remote plugins.

Sep-09 9:57:53 AM Current Cost 3P Unable To Open COM Port: The port 'COM1' does not exist.
          Sep-09 9:57:53 AM Current Cost 3P Setting Up COM Port: COM1
          Sep-09 9:57:53 AM Current Cost 3P Port Has Been Closed...Attempting Reconnection
          Does it work as in getting data and updating devices? I did see mention of some changes to plugins with the latest versions but nothing really about the specifics of what had actually changed. The COM1 error I am sure has actually been around a long time and it defaults to COM1 even though that serial port will never exist in Linux. Can you tell me how you actually start it remotely?

I will try and get around to firing up a VM with the latest version of HS but it is a bit time consuming to test it so it might take me a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
            Does it work as in getting data and updating devices? I did see mention of some changes to plugins with the latest versions but nothing really about the specifics of what had actually changed. The COM1 error I am sure has actually been around a long time and it defaults to COM1 even though that serial port will never exist in Linux. Can you tell me how you actually start it remotely?

I will try and get around to firing up a VM with the latest version of HS but it is a bit time consuming to test it so it might take me a couple of days.
            I'm an idiot, I was missing the port=COM15 in my task scheduler action. It's talking properly and updating devices now. The error is also gone. The remote info is still blank but I don't think that matters.

Just for the info, I run HS3 on ubuntu and the plugin runs remotely on windows 7 using task scheduler.

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
              I'm an idiot, I was missing the port=COM15 in my task scheduler action. It's talking properly and updating devices now. The error is also gone. The remote info is still blank but I don't think that matters.

Just for the info, I run HS3 on ubuntu and the plugin runs remotely on windows 7 using task scheduler.
              Good to hear it is working I don't know what is up with the remote info box but will see with some of my plugins, it was always a bit patchy in my experience as I could get a remote plugin listed as a normal local one at times.

Comment

Good to hear it is working I don't know what is up with the remote info box but will see with some of my plugins, it was always a bit patchy in my experience as I could get a remote plugin listed as a normal local one at times.
                I just started working on another plugin using the hspi_sample_basic as a starting point and it doesn't show remote name either. So I don't think it's your plugin.

Comment

MrHappy, trust you are well?

Got a problem with the chart script "CCHSTouchChart.vb" that you produced for calling html pages from your current cost charts. I can get all of them except the "blivelinetoday" working. When i call this chart using the parameters 1|0 , I get an html page created but it is blank. I have tried just calling the script without any parameters but nothing seems to work.

All the other calls work ie 2|0 or 4|0 etc.

I do have another "aspx" page that works and displays the data in my web browser. However this does not save the page to an html so i can use Jon00 html to image script
                  This is as follows

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
                  <script runat="server">

Dim hs As Scheduler.hsapplication

Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
                  ' for use with the HS web server
                  hs = Context.Items("Content")
                  End Sub

Private Function GetTableContent() As String
                  Try

Dim StrTable As String = hs.PluginFunction("Current Cost 3P", "", "blivelinetoday", New Object() {0})

Return StrTable

Catch ex As Exception : Return "Unknown Error" & ex.message
                  End Try
                  End Function

</script>

<html>

<head runat="server">
                  <script type='text/javascript' src='https://www.google.com/jsapi'></script>
                  <% response.write(GetTableContent()) %>
                  </head>
                  <body>
                  <div id='blivelinetoday' style='width: 400px; height: 200px;'></div>
                  </body>
                  </html>

Any ideas?

PS the Hive plugin is working great by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by ben pownall View Post
                    MrHappy, trust you are well?

Got a problem with the chart script "CCHSTouchChart.vb" that you produced for calling html pages from your current cost charts. I can get all of them except the "blivelinetoday" working. When i call this chart using the parameters 1|0 , I get an html page created but it is blank. I have tried just calling the script without any parameters but nothing seems to work.

All the other calls work ie 2|0 or 4|0 etc.

I do have another "aspx" page that works and displays the data in my web browser. However this does not save the page to an html so i can use Jon00 html to image script
                    This is as follows

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
                    <script runat="server">

Dim hs As Scheduler.hsapplication

Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
                    ' for use with the HS web server
                    hs = Context.Items("Content")
                    End Sub

Private Function GetTableContent() As String
                    Try

Dim StrTable As String = hs.PluginFunction("Current Cost 3P", "", "blivelinetoday", New Object() {0})

Return StrTable

Catch ex As Exception : Return "Unknown Error" & ex.message
                    End Try
                    End Function

</script>

<html>

<head runat="server">
                    <script type='text/javascript' src='https://www.google.com/jsapi'></script>
                    <% response.write(GetTableContent()) %>
                    </head>
                    <body>
                    <div id='blivelinetoday' style='width: 400px; height: 200px;'></div>
                    </body>
                    </html>

Any ideas?

PS the Hive plugin is working great by the way.
                    The CCHSTouchChart.vb file has a little thing wrong with it when calling this chart. When the plugin returns the chart it will have the name of blivelinetoday whereas it should be blivelinetoday_0 with the sensor number appended (it is not a massive issue though). Open the CCHSTouchChart.vb and change the line that looks like this to;

Code:
                    DataStr = DataStr & "<div id='" & ChartName & "' style=""width: " & PixelWidth & "px; height: " & PixelHeight & "px;""></div></html>"
                    This will break it if you are using the file for other charts but I will put in a fix for the plugin when I get a sec..

Comment

OK thanks for the reply.

Regards

Comment

Why is the "Sensor 0 Total Wattage" device not showing up in the Energy charts as a device to choose from?

The flag "Log Values To Energy API" for this device is checked.

The devices for Channel 1, 2, and 3 do show up in the deveice selection in the chart. One difference is that the device type for these three is "Energy API, Type: Watts, SubType:" while the device type for "Sensor 0 Total Wattage" is "Plug-In API, Type: Plug-In Type 0, SubType:", i.e. not defined as an Enery Device Type.

Note that the "Sensor 0 Today Estimated Use" Device which is of type " Energy API, Type: KWH, SubType: " does not show up either in the Energy Charts.

Both devices "Sensor 0 Total Wattage" and "Sensor 0 Today Estimated Use" are not showing up in the "Energy" table of the Energy database.

Could it be that "hs.Energy_SetEnergyDevice" was never called for the device "Sensor 0 Total Wattage"?

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                          Why is the "Sensor 0 Total Wattage" device not showing up in the Energy charts as a device to choose from?

The flag "Log Values To Energy API" for this device is checked.

The devices for Channel 1, 2, and 3 do show up in the deveice selection in the chart. One difference is that the device type for these three is "Energy API, Type: Watts, SubType:" while the device type for "Sensor 0 Total Wattage" is "Plug-In API, Type: Plug-In Type 0, SubType:", i.e. not defined as an Enery Device Type.

Note that the "Sensor 0 Today Estimated Use" Device which is of type " Energy API, Type: KWH, SubType: " does not show up either in the Energy Charts.

Both devices "Sensor 0 Total Wattage" and "Sensor 0 Today Estimated Use" are not showing up in the "Energy" table of the Energy database.

Could it be that "hs.Energy_SetEnergyDevice" was never called for the device "Sensor 0 Total Wattage"?
                          I've gone through the code and it looks like I have unfortunately been a bit brief with my commenting to know why I was thinking that way. I think that my thought process was that if you select each individual sensor in the drop down list then it will add them automatically in the energy page, my concern was adding the total wattage would potentially lead to double the data if someone selected the total wattage and the three channels (as they will both be the same value).

The KWH device I am unsure about, I think that is something that is only represented in HSTouch IIRC and not used in the energy pages.

I unfortunately had limited good out of the Energy API and it was one of those features that appeared a bit half done and as such it had a few bugs or very limited enhancements. I imagine that it is pretty dead considering HS have the option to remove the web link to it.

Comment

I've gone through the code and it looks like I have unfortunately been a bit brief with my commenting to know why I was thinking that way. I think that my thought process was that if you select each individual sensor in the drop down list then it will add them automatically in the energy page, my concern was adding the total wattage would potentially lead to double the data if someone selected the total wattage and the three channels (as they will both be the same value).

The KWH device I am unsure about, I think that is something that is only represented in HSTouch IIRC and not used in the energy pages.

I unfortunately had limited good out of the Energy API and it was one of those features that appeared a bit half done and as such it had a few bugs or very limited enhancements. I imagine that it is pretty dead considering HS have the option to remove the web link to it.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                              Thanks. I have been checking Sensor 1-3 to get the total sum in the chart. What triggered the post is when I saw that the total wattage device supports the “Log Values To Energy API” checkbox, I was expecting to see the device available in the charts; maybe this option for this specific device should be removed in a future release to avoid confusion. I understand you do not want to double count in case all are selectected and was trying it for convinience.

Per my own testing with one of my plugins, the KWH device type is not relevant. What is, is calling “hs.Energy_SetEnergyDevice” and then of course adding energy data points.
                              Yes that's a valid observation, I'll look at removing it from that device in the future.

My reasoning behind the device type was I believe for this in HSTouch - https://homeseer.com/support/homesee...htm?energy.htm - I realise now it is distinctly different to the energy database.

Namely that if you put a label on the screen with the specified name it should pick out the kwh value and display it dynamically. I'm honestly not sure if that worked or not however!

Comment

Hi Adam,

Thanks for a great plugin, I have been using it for years now. Lately I have been experiencing many crashes of the plugin (once or twice a day), and not sure if it is something at my end or something associated with HS3 updates. I am running Win7, HS3 .451 previously .435. CC .43. I have tried to automatically restart the plugin using Jon00's log monitor but if the CC plugin has stopped working and the Win7 flag comes up the plugin cannot be restarted until the Flag is acknowledged. Appreciate any help in getting this back to stable operation.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X