X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John245 View Post
    Hi Shill,

Is it possible to support the use of units on the Y-axis, such as kWh, Pa, Lux, C, F.

---
    John
    Hi Shill,

In addition to above is it also possible to create an option to set another chart title as the devicename?

---
    John

Hi Shill,

In addition to above is it also possible to create an option to set another chart title as the devicename?

---
    John
    How about an option on the config page for "Chart Title Format:" that lets you use some substitution variables like %devicename%, %date%, %time% and mix/match that with static text?

Originally posted by shill
    How about an option on the config page for "Chart Title Format:" that lets you use some substitution variables like %devicename%, %date%, %time% and mix/match that with static text?
    Hi Shill,

Sounds great.

Is it also possible to make the label text of the Y-axis more variable, so that labels could be displayed as "Power (W)" "Total energy consumption (kWh).

---
    John

Hi Shill,

Do you have plans to include these options?

---

John

Originally posted by John245
    Hi Shill,

Do you have plans to include these options?

---

John
    Working on that now, actually. Here's what I have so far:

DEVICENAME - full device name, including location(s)
    CURRENTDATE(<format>) - current date
    CURRENTTIME(<format>) - current time
    FROMDATE(<format>) - starting date of chart
    FROMTIME(<format>) - starting time of chart
    TODATE(<format>) - ending date of chart
    TOTIME(<format>) - ending time of chart
    PERIOD - "Last N <Periods>"

Any other suggestions?

Working on that now, actually. Here's what I have so far:

DEVICENAME - full device name, including location(s)
    CURRENTDATE(<format>) - current date
    CURRENTTIME(<format>) - current time
    FROMDATE(<format>) - starting date of chart
    FROMTIME(<format>) - starting time of chart
    TODATE(<format>) - ending date of chart
    TOTIME(<format>) - ending time of chart
    PERIOD - "Last N <Periods>"

Any other suggestions?
    Hi Shill,

I asume that "full device name, including location(s)" will display "full device name, location1, location2"

In that case I also suggest
    1. full devicename, including location1
    2. full devicename, including location2
    3. full devicename (for items for which the location is clear)

Are you also working on the units for the Y-axis, see

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=36

---
    John

Originally posted by John245
    Hi Shill,

I asume that "full device name, including location(s)" will display "full device name, location1, location2"

In that case I also suggest
    1. full devicename, including location1
    2. full devicename, including location2
    3. full devicename (for items for which the location is clear)

Are you also working on the units for the Y-axis, see

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=36

---
    John
    I may actually make DEVICENAME just be the name, and add LOCATION1 and LOCATION2 as additional options. More flexibility that way.

The Y-axis is my white whale... trying to find a way to scale it and handle both devices with continuous values and devices with discrete states is a pain to say the least. I'll keep plugging away, but it's not an easy change. Adding a label to it will be easier, though.

Ok, I understand. Looking forward for the next release .

--/
    John

SH: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SH: Added in 1.1.0
    Last edited by shill; August 13, 2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Hello Shill. Great plugin, bought it and like the feature set so far.

Few requests if/when possible?

1. add a "Status" tab?

SH: Added in 1.2.0

Show status info such as:
      a. database size
      b. how many devices are being monitored
      c. how many entries are in the current database

SH: Added in 1.2.0

2. ability to purge history of an individual device from the UI

SH: Added in 1.0.10

3. possibility to move/archive entries after X days to an offline sqlite database. also, maybe allow user to manually select a device to move its entire history to the archive.

eg, archive.db3 as the offline database file

I believe someone else may have requested something similar before.

Thanks!
      Last edited by shill; August 13, 2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Shill,

The PI is getting better and better. As a consequence I'm using it more often and sometimes I run into the limitations of the software. For e.g. this sensor is measuring the NH4 value of the pond and should always around 0 (alarm setpoint is 0.05)

With the automatic scaling the fluctuations in the graph is not visible. Is it possible to add manual scaling of the Y-axis to the PI. (other graphs I created will also profit from this feature).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture ammonia.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1187093
        ---
        John

Shill,

The PI is getting better and better. As a consequence I'm using it more often and sometimes I run into the limitations of the software. For e.g. this sensor is measuring the NH4 value of the pond and should always around 0 (alarm setpoint is 0.05)

With the automatic scaling the fluctuations in the graph is not visible. Is it possible to add manual scaling of the Y-axis to the PI. (other graphs I created will also profit from this feature).

Name:	Capture ammonia.PNG
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1187093
        ---
        John
        I can't recreate this. Can you share more information about your device? What Status Values does it have defined? What does the list of values in the table at the bottom of the chart show?

The current range for the Y-axis is determined based on the lower value observed in the dataset (after filtering by dates) to the highest value observed.

I can't recreate this. Can you share more information about your device? What Status Values does it have defined? What does the list of values in the table at the bottom of the chart show?

The current range for the Y-axis is determined based on the lower value observed in the dataset (after filtering by dates) to the highest value observed.
        Hi Shill can the problem be that I have only negative values around -0.04?

Below some additional info:

See below the list of values in the table at the bottom of the chart:

Name:	Capture device values.jpg
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	1187105

See below the current chart:

Name:	Capture NH3 graph 17SEP2016.jpg
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1187106

See below the advanced view:

Name:	Capture ammonia advanced.jpg
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1187104

See below the status graphics view:

Name:	Capture status graphics.jpg
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1187107

SH: Fixed in 1.1.0
        Last edited by shill; August 13, 2017, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PoZoWo View Post
          Hello Shill. Great plugin, bought it and like the feature set so far.

Few requests if/when possible?

1. add a "Status" tab?

Show status info such as:
          a. database size
          b. how many devices are being monitored
          c. how many entries are in the current database

2. ability to purge history of an individual device from the UI

3. possibility to move/archive entries after X days to an offline sqlite database. also, maybe allow user to manually select a device to move its entire history to the archive.

eg, archive.db3 as the offline database file

I believe someone else may have requested something similar before.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am also very intrested in these features and even more important :scripting access for the plugin, to extract data from the db from a script or hstouch, such as;

last logged value (value before current value of device)
          Max value
          Min value
          Stdev?
          Mean?

Etc

Thanks in advance

Bart

SH: Added in 1.2.0 (except std dev, since Sqlite doesn't have a function for that)
          Last edited by shill; August 13, 2017, 02:39 PM.
          Regards Bart
          ------------------------------------------
          Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
          HSPRO 3.
          Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

If I want to look at a specific date, I set "range" with that date as start and end. But, on the X-axis I then just get the date listed repeatedly instead of the time. When viewing short ranges, the time would be really valuable to have on the X-axis.

SH: Fixed in 1.2.4.
            Last edited by shill; August 25, 2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Device_History_Config &quot;Save Settins&quot; button at the bottom

Really minor issue - I have many devices configured, I keep forgetting to click "Save Settings" button after adding new device. It would be probably better to move the "Save Settings" button to the top of the page, probably to the right of "Add" button - to make it more obvious.

Or is "Save Settings" Button even necessary? In HS most settings are saved immediately, so for consistency might consider removing "Save Settings" Button?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-09-01 (5).jpg Views:	1 Size:	120.2 KB ID:	1192115

SH: Changed to save on the fly in 1.3.0.
              Last edited by shill; August 25, 2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

This is a great plug-in! it is Very powerful and really opened my eyes to how often my furnace was turning on/off in the last week even though it was not too cold out.

One feature I would request would be the capability to access the "Total Duration per Value" value displayed on the chart page via a scripting plugin. I could then do a script query of how long a device has spent above/below (or at) a certain value in a given time period. I could then trigger an event according (example, service furnace!)

Thanks

Comment

Feature Request: More precision on Date Range

On "Device History Chart" page, When specifying "Range" From / To It only allows you to specify a date. It would be much usable if the "Range" feature allowed you to specify a Date AND A TIME in the From / To fields. I have a need for this since I'm using the same same energy metering device to measure different power circuits at different times. I need to be able to specify the Date AND TIME in the From / To fields in order to create a graph for a specific circuit without the Scale being skewed by data that existed from a previous circuit that I was measuring just minutes or hours before. I just need more precision on the Time range specification.

SH: Added the ability to specify a time in 1.3.4
                  Last edited by shill; August 25, 2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Feature Request: Manual Scaling of Graph Y-Axis

I want to be able to manually specify the scale of the graph so that I can look at graphs for different circuits that I'm measuring and see them in the same scale so that it is very easy to visually see the difference of the Power consumption of each circuit. Keep in mind that I only have on power metering device, otherwise I would just graph them all on the same graph at the same time and the currently-built-in auto-scale feature might be sufficient.

SH: Added the ability to specify Y1/2 Min/Max in script/URL parameters in 1.2.4
                    Last edited by shill; August 25, 2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Feature Request: Ability to Save Graph Configurations

It would be really handy if, after clicking "Chart" on "Device History Chart" page, Device History plugin would generate a new parameterized URL using all of the parameters that I just specified, and then re-direct me to that URL in order to display the chart and it's accompanying statistics / log tables. My thought is that, if device history plugin behaved this way, then I could use the "Custom Page" feature in the "Custom" tab of Homeseers Setup Page to create dynamic graphs using the "Period" timespan parameter and make them accessible on Homeseer's native "View" Menu.

This would be one way to "Save Graphs Configurations".

SH: Added the ability to save favorites in 1.3.0
                      SH: Added the ability to generate a chart based on URL parameters in 1.3.0
                      Last edited by shill; August 25, 2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Bug Report: The Style default on the &quot;Device History Chart&quot; page not being honored

"Default Style:LINE" setting on "Options" tab of "Device History Config" page, is not being honored by the "Device History Chart" page. "Device History Chart" page always defaults to "Style: STEP" regardless of me setting "Default Style:LINE" setting on "Options" tab of "Device History Config" page.

The Style default on the "Device History Chart" page should be controlled by the "Default Style" setting on "Options" tab of "Device History Config" page..... but it is not.

SH: Fixed in 1.3.2.
                        Last edited by shill; August 25, 2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Need 'checkbox list' to populate Monitored Devices page

With many devices having numerous sub-devices (such as an Aeon Multilevel Sensor), many of which I want to record, having to explicitly add each one of the hundred or so sub-devices that I want to monitor is an excrutiatingly long process.

How about a "checkbox list" as used in some other areas to allow quick "Select All", etc. operations?

Great plugin!

SH: Changed the selection process in 1.3.4. (Not quite as much as you wanted, but the jquery controls provided by HS don't give me the options I really wanted...)
                          Last edited by shill; August 25, 2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Chart's initial &quot;end date&quot; comes up with 'yesterday'

When creating a chart the "To:", or ending date of the range, defaults to yesterday's date. This almost always isn't the desired action, which is to default to TODAY's date. Any chance to change this behavior?

SH: Changed the default behavior in 1.3.4 to use today as the default "To" date.
                            Last edited by shill; August 25, 2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

This is a biggie:

Create an option to toggle the chart/tab that gets added to a monitored item.

Reason:

I am logging a LOT of devices. Just to pull up the Device Utility / detail page for a device being monitored can take 10 minutes!!!!!! :O

I would turn the charts/tab off and then it would load almost instantaneously. How do I know? Because when I edit devices I turn the DeviceHistory plug off. Then edit my stuff, then turn it back on.

SH: Made this an optional setting and added a "Show Chart" button if turned off in 1.3.4.
                              Last edited by shill; August 25, 2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fksk

Thanks shill!!!

My sentence structure was atrocious there (it was late), but I think you got the point -> option to toggle on/off displaying chart tab in the device detail page (a la deviceUtility) so that loading that page isn't forced to wait for a chart to be created every time.
                                Yes, thank you so much!

... the alternative is to make the data load faster. :P
                                I wonder why it is so slow? I get that it is a rather large dataset, but THAT large it isn't.

SH: Made this an optional setting and added a "Show Chart" button if turned off in 1.3.4.
                                SH: See below for details on performance improvements.
                                Last edited by shill; August 25, 2018, 10:41 AM.
                                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                                X